How to get rid of black spider mites (Borg mites)

• Thread starter Pirat3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pirat3

Pirat3

I got these really bad black mites, for the last 2 years.
No matter what i do they come back, washing bi weekly with soap and water, spraying with End all, heck I got an exterminator to come this fall after spraying they came back in winter 2 month later.
I’ve left my mothers out side for almost two weeks and there’s still some survivors. Maybe I should mess around with lady bugs.
Unsure how to stop them for this fall.

FullFuzzy

FullFuzzy

Neem oil may be worth trying if you haven't already, works by making insects infertile. Shouldn't effect most friendly bugs (Bees, Wasps, ladybugs, etc) so even outside or in organic environments it's fairly harmless to try. Only had to deal with fungas gnats, but a couple applications of neem on them and a week or two killed the whole population.

Good airflow is also a must as they like stagnant air apparently. I know you've tried soap, but was it insecticidal soap? Ladybugs may help as well as you mentioned. Diatomaceous Earth may also be of help. Also, apparently you should do something to get rid of them every 2 - 3 days, but you should try something different or at least alternate each time, as the new adults apparently rapidly adjust to whatever your old method of removal is.

Sorry if any of these tips are obvious/you've tried, just trying to scout some stuff from online that you may not have tried to see if it's of any help to you

Pirat3

Pirat3

Never heard of neem oil, sounds like I’ll need to pick some up.
besides that I do use insecticidal soap, have decent air flow (3 medium fans).
maybe I should change the room my grow tent is in because it’s upstairs and it’s super dry and hot, the window lets a lot of cold air in.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Didnt know if you solved your mite problem but here's some stuff to try if you need to

B

Burned Haze

big difference from all “mites”
as advice I would Figure out what species of mite is getting you and then get on a spraying defense + Analysis tools. I would recommend a usb 100x-1000x + over those 60x bs mobile ones they sell at hydro store ( I never can get the job done) and if you can take a leaf and flip it Over or where the dominate spot where they are ( spider mites hide under the leafs ). And then magnify the usb to that and take a few pictures with that microscope and that will make so you or a bug expert can actually figure what species of mite that is. Otherwise you could be going in the blind or by the time you do figure it out, your fucked.

Usb scope 100x-1000x example ( the scope if you don’t have one is great for knowing your harvest time , you can see when your plants are ready by the amber tones and cloudiness )
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WD843ZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ij-6EbV1XMRWJ

after you got the pictures if you want a quick and guratee Analysis I would recommend to tell a bug expert and ask if they will look at your bug pictures and then if they would give you a suggestion on what products to use as a fight and what bug you have . i have been helped many times and it’s funny how many bugs or species even when they aren’t even a bad bug could or so many of these species need specifics kinds of pesticides to defeat them or when you try to fight them it’s going to do nothing. example two sport mites vs broad mites . There’s many mites

best bug company ever, I would vouch for them anyday

the rrock

the rrock

Ive had mite problems. the only surefire method that kills is Floramite and/or Avid as they can build up a tolerance,. Do not use this during flowering stage and keep room clean to start with Ladybugs are a joke, Ive tried beneficial killers and didnt work for me. These miticides are available on amazon? Or hydro shops under the countere in U.S.

the rrock

the rrock

Never heard of neem oil, sounds like I’ll need to pick some up.
besides that I do use insecticidal soap, have decent air flow (3 medium fans).
maybe I should change the room my grow tent is in because it’s upstairs and it’s super dry and hot, the window lets a lot of cold air in.
neem is a joke on spidermites

Pirat3

Pirat3

These are the mites. I used a growers edge microscope for phone unsure x.

AFE6BCE9 D277 4C00 B7E4 EB6D022076C7
1D495CAA 0FEB 4C0D B925 D1634903997C
F1A43F08 058F 4989 91C7 FC8E87BD27C4
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I have been successful in using Azamax as recommended in a three day cycle, rotated if needed with spinosad. Safe, and for me effective. I add either either an insecticdal sope or a couple drops of dish detergent, just to get surfactant capabilities

Pirat3

Pirat3

Thanks for the help everyone I appreciate.
I know that the person who used to own my house, grew weed for like 20 years here, I guess they are just naturally tougher because forced evolution over the years locally here. Doesn’t help I live next to a bunch of farms using pesticides.

Last edited:
cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

That’s a two spotted spider mite. Very fortunately for you, not a Broad Mite. Spider mites are not that difficult to conquer depending on your grow. There is no need to use awful chemicals, and please don’t use hot shots. I recommend A couple biocides like Spinozad, Grandevo, Pfr-97. You’ll need at least two of these and some micronized sulphur. The trick is to get in sync with their life cycle:
Day 1: knock them back with a heavy spray or (better) submersion with a sulphur solution
Day 3: heavy spray or dip with spinozad
Day 5: heavy treatment with another biocide.
Day 7: treat with another biocide.
Day 9: repeat day 3
Eventually lapse into a moderate spray of alternating biocides on a weekly basis. Then continue as preventative FOREVER.
All these products are safe for flowers except the sulphur.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
GrowSafe Bio-pesticide. Works great from clone to harvest day.. I've been using for quite a while now. Leaves no funky smell or taste on your buds, won't kill honeybees. A little pricey but works wonders. The only product I've seen that actually kills spider mite eggs as well. Only downside to this product - the bottle recommends using within 30 days of opening. So only buy what you need/can use in 30 days.
https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Pesticid...1&sr=1-1-70f7c15d-07d8-466a-b325-4be35d7258cc

Top Bottom