How To Get Seedlings In Veg State

• Thread starter Vikingvault
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vikingvault

what is Your Best and fastes Way of getting seedling in veg State? It has just been a fucking pain in the ass Holding theese seedlings a live in a regular dome had to take Them out because all of Them laid Down. Is dirt just the Best option or what because dry Down cikel dosnt really work when they dont Way as much or how should it be done

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if they got roots,put them in solo cups with holes in bottom,bury the seedling all the way up the stem to the baby leaves,take bread ties and make it a leg to stand straight up on,dont just throw a Q-beam on um and harden them off to a comfort range for them,when those cups have roots coming out the bottom up pot them to what your gonna run.
solo cup ,holes in bottom,fill cup half way,so you can add more soil as it stretchs,hope that helps,this is my method,auto's difrent critter indeed,seed straight to final pot

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Like said above. Solo party cups. I leave about 3/4 inch of space at the top to bury the stretching seedling.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I like to put mine close to the T-5 lights so they don’t stretch much. If you have a fan blowing air over them slightly they’ll thicken their main stalk pretty quickly. But all great advice posted above.

43F208EB BC54 41C0 BFE0 D1CB866F8A40

756340B4 6D6E 4B7A 8FBA D2E0A076DBC7
ED94F4BF 9B67 4201 AC5F E1ADFD636518
BCC69CA5 15B9 4D2B 9A76 DE27FA560474
118255BA 8B7F 4B43 AE42 29223292382C
DDF3E42D 53C2 4508 822B 8FD73F7E7D43

V

Vikingvault

if they got roots,put them in solo cups with holes in bottom,bury the seedling all the way up the stem to the baby leaves,take bread ties and make it a leg to stand straight up on,dont just throw a Q-beam on um and harden them off to a comfort range for them,when those cups have roots coming out the bottom up pot them to what your gonna run.
solo cup ,holes in bottom,fill cup half way,so you can add more soil as it stretchs,hope that helps,this is my method,auto's difrent critter indeed,seed straight to final pot
Thanks alot ! This is getting fucking ridiculess they just die on stripe 100$ more today

D5C54408 3600 4140 B5EC 123D3344F0E7
S

SnowshoeJoe

That's good advice above. They might be stretching because your light is too far away. Put them under a CFL less than 6 inches away and you'll do much better. Also, got a fan on them.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I start in 2x2" nursery trays, spoonfeeding them with the T5's about 2" away from the tops and try to keep the humidity 60-70% and temp around 24c. Because it's quite cold in Canada right now I use a small ceramic reptile lamp hung above the canopy for heat.

I also have high ceilings so I grow them a bit taller and dont bury the stem or use much light. Once I've lollipopped them in late veg I like to be able to crawl under the canopy easily.

Once they are filling the pot with roots after 2 weeks or so, I pot them up to a 1 gallon pot and give them a 1 ec feeding and another week or two under the T5.

20190127 131010
20190213 223204
20190220 201709
20190215 142837
20190224 145116

JaxiDoodlson

JaxiDoodlson

I soak in water 24 hours, set them on paper towel in a Tupperware. Once the tap your is about 1/2 I put in Soil in a peat cup (Solo cups aren't to environmentally friendly. Just keep the soil moist and not to wet. I've never used a dome even with low humidity.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
what is Your Best and fastes Way of getting seedling in veg State? It has just been a fucking pain in the ass Holding theese seedlings a live in a regular dome had to take Them out because all of Them laid Down. Is dirt just the Best option or what because dry Down cikel dosnt really work when they dont Way as much or how should it be done

When they laid down, did it look like the stem sort of shrunk and kinked right where the stem emerged from the soil? If so it's possible you have damp off disease. Even more so since you had them in a dome and I'm guessing fairly wet?

I avoid damp off by keeping the soil mostly dry for the first few days after emergence. You can see in the first pic I posted above, they get only as much water as they need with plenty of air in the rootzone, and gentle airflow above the soil. When I say I spoonfeed, I literally mean I feed them a Tbsp at a time. It's like feeding a baby with a bottle, some growers even use plastic syringes to feed newborn seedlings. A saturated media in a really humid environment is the perfect breeding ground for damp off.

Not saying that's what you have.. Just that it's a possibility. Could be just too humid and dim causing them to stretch too much as well.

Last edited:
V

Vikingvault

When they laid down, did it look like the stem sort of shrunk and kinked right where the stem emerged from the soil? If so it's possible you have damp off disease. Even more so since you had them in a dome and I'm guessing fairly wet?

I avoid damp off by keeping the soil mostly dry for the first few days after emergence. You can see in the first pic I posted above, they get only as much water as they need with plenty of air in the rootzone, and gentle airflow above the soil. When I say I spoonfeed, I literally mean I feed them a Tbsp at a time. It's like feeding a baby with a bottle, some growers even use plastic syringes to feed newborn seedlings. A saturated media in a really humid environment is the perfect breeding ground for damp off.

Not saying that's what you have.. Just that it's a possibility. Could be just too humid and dim causing them to stretch too much as well.
thank you so much!!! This is exactly what is happening its because the dirt is Way to wet then! But it was because my first thought was they where looking dry but was obvouisly Because they where dying! And then i turnes up for humid and they looked terribull thanks alot champ

Latest posts

Top Bottom