How to help my plants heavier buds

• Thread starter Jasa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jasa

Jasa

Howdy ya'll thought I'd start with a little background. Haven't grown in 30+ yrs. Back then we didn't have the data so easily accessible as we do now. So when I decided to start I was pleasantly overwhelmed. Especially since the reason I growing is for family and friends with conditions that this God given plant can help with. People with cancer in remission, depression, anxiety, pain and more.so my first crop was done using the ebb and flow system. Lemon OG Haze. Turned out quite well but required a lot of time. I'm kinda OCD so I was constantly checking water parameters. Then I went to hydroponics in 5 gal buckets. Keep in mind I'm reading daily about growing techniques. Crops were huge, had great visual appeal and good THC levels. The next 2 were still in rockwool cubes and clay pebbles in 8" baskets and 5gal pots. These last 2 grows I've decided that soil is the way go and now I'm taking it further with this last one. A side by side comparison of soil with artificial nutrients vs organic soil. They are still curing but I sure there will be a difference in taste. Why? Because you are what you eat and I apply this to all living things. So if you feed your plants chemicals then you would be consuming chemicals when you consume the plant. Therefore the reasoning behind why I'm going strictly organic. I'm not doing this for profit I'm doing this to help family and friends deal with medical issues, so I want to produce the safest medicine I can. So with that in mind i have a question, how can I increase the weight of flowers? I've read several different articles but they are geared towards nutrient growers. I want to remain organic. Therefore the reason that I reach out to my fellow horticulturists. Thank in advance for all your help.

Much Love
How to help my plants heavier buds 2
How to help my plants heavier buds 2
JASA

How to help my plants heavier buds 3
GrundleGrow

GrundleGrow

1. Better light drawing more power. To max out on yield you want 40W+/sq ft of high quality light (full spectrum but with more red for flowering)
2. Co2. Once you've got your light maxed out, seal up your grow room and gas it up to 1200-1500ppm co2 during the bulking phase of flowering (but make sure to compensate for any changes in your environment as a result of running the system closed - you'll need ac and/or dehumidification). There are scores of articles and forum posts about co2 supplementation, so I'll let you do the research there.
3. Training techniques. I suggest you look into mainlining. If time isn't a concern, this technique will give you the fattest, heaviest flowers from a single plant.

Good luck.

visajoe1

visajoe1

So with that in mind i have a question, how can I increase the weight of flowers? I've read several different articles but they are geared towards nutrient growers. I want to remain organic.

-Genetics that produce weight
-VPD
-Proper feeding (amended soil in your case)
-Co2
-Adequate lighting
-Airflow

Jasa

Jasa

1. Better light drawing more power. To max out on yield you want 40W+/sq ft of high quality light (full spectrum but with more red for flowering)
2. Co2. Once you've got your light maxed out, seal up your grow room and gas it up to 1200-1500ppm co2 during the bulking phase of flowering (but make sure to compensate for any changes in your environment as a result of running the system closed - you'll need ac and/or dehumidification). There are scores of articles and forum posts about co2 supplementation, so I'll let you do the research there.
3. Training techniques. I suggest you look into mainlining. If time isn't a concern, this technique will give you the fattest, heaviest flowers from a single plant.

Good luck.
Awesome thank you for your feedback and the homework. Currently using Rapid LED light for 3X3 and 600 watt HPS. Any LED recommendations?

Jasa

Jasa

-Genetics that produce weight
-VPD
-Proper feeding (amended soil in your case)
-Co2
-Adequate lighting
-Airflow
Sounds like I have some more work to do. Thanks for your feedback. Working on a supersoil for next grow.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Based on the pic, the first thing that comes to mind id say cleaning out all that small lower growth would force plant to focus more on the tops.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Practice is the only way to increase yields. Different strains will react differently to methods so once you have healthy plants (yours look great!) you have to dial in through trial and error.

There will be a lot of random advice here. But the advice is what works for them in their rooms with their plants and every grow can be different. And much common advice is just myth and conjecture. Keep reading as much as possible to weed out what is true and not true is my advice.

Also nutrients are the same “chemicals” when the plant uptakes them regardless of “organic” vs. “fertilizer salts”. When the bacteria break down the organic inputs it breaks down into the same form.

I like organics but growers can achieve fantastic flowers regardless of method.

GrundleGrow

GrundleGrow

Awesome thank you for your feedback and the homework. Currently using Rapid LED light for 3X3 and 600 watt HPS. Any LED recommendations?

From everything I've read quantum board LEDs are the most efficient, low heat, high weight/high quality yielding lights at the moment. Some may say COBs are similar, but they create "hotspots." You can DIY or buy prefab kits from companies like HLG.

Jasa

Jasa

Much appreciation to all who took time to reply. @MIMedGrower have no doubt the learning will continue. Just got really positive feedback on the quality of these ladies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom