• Thread starter Monster762
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

How to keep a male plant and options other than tossing
How to keep a male plant and options other than tossing 2
How to keep a male plant and options other than tossing 3
ok so I’m on my 3rd grow. Before outside being younger I grew couple plants and always threw males away.

So on to my dilemma now.
I think I have a male( hopefully not hermie). Just now showing but second pic looks like flower. Did not notice in person n I looked good.

First and most important how long do I have to isolate it so it doesn’t effect the others? Pics attatched

Now I have an isolation area but not sure exactly how serious it needs to be. It’s not completely ready and full of clones right now.

I need advice on a lot of things here n didn’t know where to post it.
Can I actually pollinate part of a plant? Or chalk whole female up to isolation?
How do I collect the pollen. And what timeframes. Like how long do I let the male go before collecting? And what stage should a female be dusted? Around what week flower? I know it’s a lot of questions any advice appreciated. Other than throwing the male out.

This is a second generation genetics xbj16 plant. And grew solid so far.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok thanks to all the input i didn’t get. I’ve rushed and isolated it. I can’t chance the whole 4x8. Showing more clearly in last 8 hrs. Hopefully someone will help me on what to do here. It is a strong plant and a ( dj short blueberry x spacedawg )= xbj16.

Other problem is my isolation area is stuck on 24 hr light until 30 days in on flower. It is sealed and exhausted directly outside.
Still no idea on when pollen will be active.
As said before hoping for experienced input.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ok thanks to all the input i didn’t get. I’ve rushed and isolated it. I can’t chance the whole 4x8. Showing more clearly in last 8 hrs. Hopefully someone will help me on what to do here. It is a strong plant and a ( dj short blueberry x spacedawg )= xbj16.

Other problem is my isolation area is stuck on 24 hr light until 30 days in on flower. It is sealed and exhausted directly outside.
Still no idea on when pollen will be active.
As said before hoping for experienced input.
Pollen should be active when the sacs swell and begin to open up..then the pollen will drop.
I snip off a few sacs, put them in cups of water to ripen and then collect pollen by tapping against a glass dish..Careful with this shit..LOL (Take a shower and wash the clothes before going anywhere near your flower tent. 24hrs light is no good for flowering a male (unless it was an auto), and the male can be kept alive with a simple cfl until he finishes.
IMG 0969
3 11 18 Deputy true male
4 6 18 Cackleberry female pollen

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Edit..I meant snip off a few BRANCHES w/ sacs to put in water:)

Monster762

Monster762

Ok so I can run a lower light level that’s good to know.opens other areas. Never thought of it but your right I don’t see a reason to blast a male with lighting. My isolation room is full of clones right now. Not flowering. I put him in there temporarily it has exhaust straight to outside. I’ll move today. He’s gonna get few extra hours light just because I’m at work n can’t move him yet.
If I keep a negative airflow in the males room and exhaust outside what’s the possibility of pollenating a tent on opposite side of house indoors ? Only inlet for air to room is the ac. Window ac. Otherwise sealed.
And don’t snip branches til it’s mature right? Or can I take branches like a clone to limit the amount of pollen available n toss the rest?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ok so I can run a lower light level that’s good to know.opens other areas. Never thought of it but your right I don’t see a reason to blast a male with lighting. My isolation room is full of clones right now. Not flowering. I put him in there temporarily it has exhaust straight to outside. I’ll move today. He’s gonna get few extra hours light just because I’m at work n can’t move him yet.
If I keep a negative airflow in the males room and exhaust outside what’s the possibility of pollenating a tent on opposite side of house indoors ? Only inlet for air to room is the ac. Window ac. Otherwise sealed.
And don’t snip branches til it’s mature right? Or can I take branches like a clone to limit the amount of pollen available n toss the rest?
Depends on the airflow in the house..intakes, vents, etc..That shit gets everywhere..!

Cleaning up when finished is a real bitch..I have 3 nosey dogs and that is another danger..
I am NO pro at this, but I used a clone in a small DIY air pot to flower a Cackleberry clone that I turned male..
I chose to snip some branches just as some sacs began to open to try and keep pollen from getting airborne.
Sorry about the burple..I didn't want to disturb anything..(they were under a cheapo burple dimmable led)
3 14 18 Cackleberry CS treated clone
2 22 18 CS clones
Air pot 2

Monster762

Monster762

how soon would I have to worry about pollen? The sacs only started showing couple days ago. N just flipped to 12/12 few days before that.
Is anything in jeopardy now is my main concern?
I’m having issues with isolating. I have clones in the sealed room that exhaust outside with the male right now. These are not flowering but I’m afraid pollen getting on leaves and being active when they do flower. (In about 25 days )

But isn’t pollen no good at first? Like not able to pollinate or shooting duds until the male is matured some.
I’m just worrying cause I don’t get a lot of time to fix stuff around work n family. Might be few days before I can come up with a solid spot. Sealed with filtered exhaust straight outside and a light.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

how soon would I have to worry about pollen? The sacs only started showing couple days ago. N just flipped to 12/12 few days before that.
Is anything in jeopardy now is my main concern?
I’m having issues with isolating. I have clones in the sealed room that exhaust outside with the male right now. These are not flowering but I’m afraid pollen getting on leaves and being active when they do flower. (In about 25 days )

But isn’t pollen no good at first? Like not able to pollinate or shooting duds until the male is matured some.
I’m just worrying cause I don’t get a lot of time to fix stuff around work n family. Might be few days before I can come up with a solid spot. Sealed with filtered exhaust straight outside and a light.
I would take males away as soon as the sacs show..Remember, you can keep males alive with bare minimum lights etc.
You will be amazed at how fast they get moving..!! They are gonna get ready faster than the females so as to be ready pollinate them when they ARE ready.
Take every precaution as you have females near..YES..pollen will get everywhere and those fans have just enough sticky to keep the pollen on them..I think that if the pollen is yellow..it is ripe and ready to go

Monster762

Monster762

I would take males away as soon as the sacs show..Remember, you can keep males alive with bare minimum lights etc.
You will be amazed at how fast they get moving..!! They are gonna get ready faster than the females so as to be ready pollinate them when they ARE ready.
Take every precaution as you have females near..YES..pollen will get everywhere and those fans have just enough sticky to keep the pollen on them..I think that if the pollen is yellow..it is ripe and ready to go
Ok I now have plant in a tube. Yup I said a tube. I took 4x10 sheet of wall protection plastic. Made a cylinder about 4 ft around put in its own room by window for lighting. Just letting natural light schedule. And exhausted straight outside. Basically I built like a reflective tube and it’s inside it. And enough airflow going out that everything goes out. Nothing blowing on plant though. Still temporary til I get sealed room set. It was quick free way to get it off my clones.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ok I now have plant in a tube. Yup I said a tube. I took 4x10 sheet of wall protection plastic. Made a cylinder about 4 ft around put in its own room by window for lighting. Just letting natural light schedule. And exhausted straight outside. Basically I built like a reflective tube and it’s inside it. And enough airflow going out that everything goes out. Nothing blowing on plant though. Still temporary til I get sealed room set. It was quick free way to get it off my clones.
Picture? That sound pretty COOL! :smoking:

Monster762

Monster762

5F27DC42 8FBB 4CA5 AD00 CA022A602D83
Picture? That sound pretty COOL! :smoking:
It’s not nothing fancy. Looks darker in pic. This from above tube and plant sitting on bucket. Just for couple days. The entire bedroom being exhausted outside. It’s just in unused bedroom but has lot of stuff in it so whole room can’t be converted. Other side of house too. I might need more light though. Or better reflection fan is right next to tube blowing out window. Just a double fan rig. But creates good negative air at bedroom door. Plant looks little pissed though probably from the 24 hr lighting with clones. I’ll move it n put a little bulb in there maybe. I can drop it another 15 inches just by removing empty bucket under it. Don’t want to spend time on temp spot though gotta get clones moved out the isolation spot.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

View attachment 794807
It’s not nothing fancy. Looks darker in pic. This from above tube and plant sitting on bucket. Just for couple days. The entire bedroom being exhausted outside. It’s just in unused bedroom but has lot of stuff in it so whole room can’t be converted. Other side of house too. I might need more light though. Or better reflection fan is right next to tube blowing out window. Just a double fan rig. But creates good negative air at bedroom door. Plant looks little pissed though probably from the 24 hr lighting with clones. I’ll move it n put a little bulb in there maybe. I can drop it another 15 inches just by removing empty bucket under it. Don’t want to spend time on temp spot though gotta get clones moved out the isolation spot.
Hot Damn ..Great job!!!
Cooler than a Well digger's arse in January..LOL

Monster762

Monster762

I built an isolation chamber with pollen filters on intake and outtake and a 140mm PC fan for air circulation

View attachment 794841 View attachment 794842
I’m in process of emptying the little 3.5x3.5 sealed room full of clones. I have that exhausted straight out and pretty much dialed in for growing things. I have actual hospital hepa filter sheets like 24x24 I’ll cut down n filter every intake and the exhaust too. We use mainly if working in operating rooms and the or area period. Should filter pretty good. I thought it be useful when a box was being thrown away on a job.

I just mainly want to collect some good pollen to hit a blotto ogk clone with. And save some if possible. Blueberry blotto spacedawg. Sounds pretty tasty.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Hell..I am too lazy (but that is a killer setup) to build anything like that..SOoooI bought a 4x6x6 to keep males and turned females in (a different room across the house with a forced air Dyson Hepa filter blowing back against the tent...Never needed vents as yet (let em suffer..LOL). So far, so good!:cool:
NOW..How do you water inside that thing? LOL

Toaster79

Toaster79

Hell..I am too lazy (but that is a killer setup) to build anything like that..SOoooI bought a 4x6x6 to keep males and turned females in (a different room across the house with a forced air Dyson Hepa filter blowing back against the tent...Never needed vents as yet (let em suffer..LOL). So far, so good!:cool:
NOW..How do you water inside that thing? LOL

At the bottom is a cover that snaps on really tight. Take the fan off as its only sitting on there positioned by the screws that hold the filter with a flange in place. Once it's all outside you simply unlock the bottom and pull the chamber up. Do the maintenance, spray everything with water and put it all together. With a smaller pot for a male then what is in the pic, like half the size, there's enough place in there for 4 smaller pots of females to get pollinated. 4 crosses at once.

K

kansabis

1 of my 5 xbj16s was a female and has around 4-5 weeks of flower left,she is a stacker and has a nice fruity aroma,hope your male helps produce some nice beans for you in the future.

Monster762

Monster762

1 of my 5 xbj16s was a female and has around 4-5 weeks of flower left,she is a stacker and has a nice fruity aroma,hope your male helps produce some nice beans for you in the future.
Yeah we’re they freebies ? I haven’t seen for sale. I got the xbj16 as freebies. Says it’s dj short blueberry f4 male and spacedawg female cross. That’s what I’m looking for is the fruity funk. I have 1 more popped I only popped 2 of the 5 freebies
1 male 1 female hopefully.
This male showed 3 days into 12/12. Everything else not clear yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom