How To Keep A Male Plant And Options Other Than Tossing

• Thread starter Monster762
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

Yeah we’re they freebies ? I haven’t seen for sale. I got the xbj16 as freebies. Says it’s dj short blueberry f4 male and spacedawg female cross. That’s what I’m looking for is the fruity funk. I have 1 more popped I only popped 2 of the 5 freebies
1 male 1 female hopefully.
This male showed 3 days into 12/12. Everything else not clear yet.
Yep they were freebies from my order of shortbread,I popped all 5,not really any funk yet but a nice fruity berry smell,kinda along lines of grape maybe.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah we’re they freebies ? I haven’t seen for sale. I got the xbj16 as freebies. Says it’s dj short blueberry f4 male and spacedawg female cross. That’s what I’m looking for is the fruity funk. I have 1 more popped I only popped 2 of the 5 freebies
1 male 1 female hopefully.
This male showed 3 days into 12/12. Everything else not clear yet.
Got a couple loompa goo look like going female hopefully. That’s another blueberry cross. I like blueberry indica but I messed
Yep they were freebies from my order of shortbread,I popped all 5,not really any funk yet but a nice fruity berry smell,kinda along lines of grape maybe.
just checked xbj#2 is female. So are all the rest of the strains. Except whitefire alien og x gg4x predator pink. Plant is a bushy beast but not showing yet.

K

kansabis

Here is my xbj16
IMG 20180424 125022
IMG 20180424 125022
IMG 20180424 125012
IMG 20180424 125019

K

kansabis

Yeah now it looks like the big loompa goo going male but it had pistils. Idk gonna check close next couple days. When can I cut off pollen sacs? N can I save it in a bag or tin til I pick a plant to hit with it?
Pick or cut em off whenever but it's better to get em as they swell just before they open but it can be hard to tell and they don't all open at same time,you can save the pollen by cutting it with flour or baking soda,usually you want 2x the amount flour or whatever to the amount of pollen,you wanna keep it dry,dry dry and cool,air tight.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Pick or cut em off whenever but it's better to get em as they swell just before they open but it can be hard to tell and they don't all open at same time,you can save the pollen by cutting it with flour or baking soda,usually you want 2x the amount flour or whatever to the amount of pollen,you wanna keep it dry,dry dry and cool,air tight.
And remove all plant matter as it will destroy pollen:)

Monster762

Monster762

Ok I’m thinking the male xbj might be ready I’ll put pics. The pollen sacs are bigger clusters I’m gonna collect n put into a tin and seal in bag too. Plant getting big with next to no light too. Want to get it out soon.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Ok I’m thinking the male xbj might be ready I’ll put pics. The pollen sacs are bigger clusters I’m gonna collect n put into a tin and seal in bag too. Plant getting big with next to no light too. Want to get it out soon.

Make sure pollen is dry before you put it in any kind of container.

Last edited:
Monster762

Monster762

Make sure pollen is dry before you put it in any kind of container.
Ok. Is this good enough to cut yet or wait?
8E5C42E5 8A32 4F2E B651 9D06EB17E9AE
EE2ACDFA 4583 40A4 BBC0 F09590C0E1C8
Just cut top off it’s all pollen balls? And dry first like bud? No air blowing.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Your plantbarely started flowering. You still have about 7-10 minimum before those anthers start opening.

This is about 2weeks in flower

IMG 20170819 163236 822

A few days later first anthers opened

IMG 20170820 193128 576

From here on you collect the pollen. I take the whole plant and shake it gently over a sheet of paper and then strain the pollen through a metal strainer to separate it from green stuff

Monster762

Monster762

Your plantbarely started flowering. You still have about 7-10 minimum before those anthers start opening.

This is about 2weeks in flower

View attachment 795338

A few days later first anthers opened

View attachment 795341

From here on you collect the pollen. I take the whole plant and shake it gently over a sheet of paper and then strain the pollen through a metal strainer to separate it from green stuff
Ok so like week or 2? This plant growing out the tube and all it’s gettiing is window light with exhaust right next to it blowing out house. I might have loompa goo male I think I’ll have to chuck that one. I really need to get something solid set up if I want to keep males. I’m gonna get some pollen from this one though.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok so like week or 2? This plant growing out the tube and all it’s gettiing is window light with exhaust right next to it blowing out house. I might have loompa goo male I think I’ll have to chuck that one. I really need to get something solid set up if I want to keep males. I’m gonna get some pollen from this one though.
And yeah it showed 3 days into 12/12. Only like a week in now.

K

kansabis

And here's a tip,if you don't want alot of seeds or to seed your whole plant then you won't need much pollen at all and I mean a tiny amount,and you can dust a couple of the lower buds then lightly mist em to keep the pollen from blowing around,their is a few diff methods of how people do this so search around and you should get some good ideas.
For example I seeded 2 plants not completely and ended up with over 200 seeds from the pollen out of maybe 3 sacks max.

Monster762

Monster762

And here's a tip,if you don't want alot of seeds or to seed your whole plant then you won't need much pollen at all and I mean a tiny amount,and you can dust a couple of the lower buds then lightly mist em to keep the pollen from blowing around,their is a few diff methods of how people do this so search around and you should get some good ideas.
For example I seeded 2 plants not completely and ended up with over 200 seeds from the pollen out of maybe 3 sacks max.
Yeah I’d like to just seed a branch or 2. Just to have a handful if it ends up a good cross. I know how to clone now so I get at least 3 plants off every seed

Oh clones taken of that male before I flipped are they for sure male? Or does environment still play a part in determining? Are they trash at this point basically? Taking room.

Monster762

Monster762

I took all clones before flipping cause I didn’t want to reveg. So I had no idea what sex they’d be. Figured it was less stress though n I’d just toss anything negative.

K

kansabis

Those clones are still make u wanna take clones before flip,u can take em after but they take longer to root and success rates will be lower.

Monster762

Monster762

Those clones are still make u wanna take clones before flip,u can take em after but they take longer to root and success rates will be lower.
Yeah that’s why I took before cause I took at 7th week flower first time. All 4 lived but took soooo long to reveg n start growing good.
So you’re saying those particular clones will be male?

Here is loompa #1 now. I’m going to say male but there is pistils and looks like a bud at top. Opinions? Pics ain’t the best. Is this hermie ? Or just male? Either way I’m gonna get it out of there shit too dry n too much air moving in the flower tent
F14D7504 535F 49AB 8E99 1899E8373960
06FF3132 09F9 4771 9C7A 56B50F5D3F9F

K

kansabis

Yeah that’s why I took before cause I took at 7th week flower first time. All 4 lived but took soooo long to reveg n start growing good.
So you’re saying those particular clones will be male?

Here is loompa #1 now. I’m going to say male but there is pistils and looks like a bud at top. Opinions? Pics ain’t the best. Is this hermie ? Or just male? Either way I’m gonna get it out of there shit too dry n too much air moving in the flower tent View attachment 795380View attachment 795381
I'm seeing a male.

Monster762

Monster762

I'm seeing a male.
Yeah I thought so too. Rest female though finally. So 4 of 6 going to flower not too bad I guess. I wanna cram that tent with blotto clones. The other xbj is female. So is the whitefire alien gg4predator pink cross.they were untested freebies from dcse. Got 3 more them seeds. That ones under a 1200w cob fixture. 330 true watts with the little fans n all. It’s 6 domes so I figure they’re 50 w cobs Just a guess though. Got 2 of em $100 each

Top Bottom