How To Keep Thieves Out Of Your Outdoor Grow?

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

Well, I have a camera on the way and I am building a 4X4" post and wire fencing enclosure that will be locked but I am concerned about people ripping off my medical harvest later this year. So, I wanted to get input from others before the harvest time comes close. I depend on this material for my health so I get really concerned during the outdoor season. I use the Summer outdoor grow season to get ahead on my harvest because the yields are so much better.

Right now the plants are in a cheap greenhouse with supplemental lighting to keep them from going into bloom cycle but in a month they will be outside. Not too concerned about the security of the plants as teenagers but once they get deep into flower I worry.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dee

BudBogart

BudBogart

Well, I have a camera on the way and I am building a 4X4" post and wire fencing enclosure that will be locked but I am concerned about people ripping off my medical harvest later this year. So, I wanted to get input from others before the harvest time comes close. I depend on this material for my health so I get really concerned during the outdoor season. I use the Summer outdoor grow season to get ahead on my harvest because the yields are so much better.

Right now the plants are in a cheap greenhouse with supplemental lighting to keep them from going into bloom cycle but in a month they will be outside. Not too concerned about the security of the plants as teenagers but once they get deep into flower I worry.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dee
I like to think that caging and netting will at least slow down the grab so I can get out there. During flower, I park my tractor blocking the road under a motion security light I can see come on from my bedroom. I guess every situation is different.

Dbear180

Dbear180

We attached a few dog runs together made something like 24x12. Attached lattice to the outside to disguise the interior. Has a door way with a locking latch. Cheap effective enclosure. May not stop them but climbing over two fences is harder than just one.

M

Midsallday

put signs up saying Armed homeowner, might help. also get a few dogs.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This..Welcome to Nevada..LOL
Clint gun

dan1989

dan1989

Quite easy, strip the insulation from a long length of cable, loop around at ankle height right the way round the grow. Attach to either car battery or mains. For extra punch, attach the bare cable to a few buckets of water to spice things up. They will get tangled, soaked, shocked, possibly more since they're wet. Take that dirty thief!

Edit: this assuming you have a rough idea on how to wire up and have loose morals

dan1989

dan1989

What they won't expect is even more bare electrical cable within the entrance to the grow. Cue bucket of water/paint thinners on top of shelf attached to wire. Wood boards with nails in laid around are good too.

Perception

Perception

I like Homesteaders choices!

Don’t tell ANYONE. I can’t tell you how hard it’s been for me to talk to my neighbors, who are also growing outdoors, and just pretend like I’m not growing too. I have to play dumb.

Have any contractor work done outside of grow season. I’m rushing to get a fence replaced before i transplant outside, because i don’t want the contractors to notice plants. Loose lips sink ships.

Grow cover plants around it. I use corn, and stratigically plant it to block views from neighbors. Start a veggie garden too, so that neighbors assume you just like vegetable gardening. Also, if you aren’t growing veggies, you should be!

trickle

trickle

I'd almost say you need to start popping autoflower fem's on a schedule... you should be getting stash 3/4 seasons with that greenhouse, not just in autumn IMO. Maybe run a few autos and a few early strains, alongside your reg plants? It just seems that if folks are only looking later in the season, why not just harvest before they think of it?
If not along those lines... maybe Ducksfoot could be helpful, I've seen it fool a number of people - even folks who've grown weed before. Rugged and easy, but quite late

ItalWinston

ItalWinston

Set up a small tent inside the grow area with a radio on, low but loud enough to hear when you approach. Better yet, two radios tuned to different channels.

IW

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
you might have a hard time locating this..... think of it tho, if you place it just right and the rippers are there close to your harvest window this baby will do your chopping of plants as well. :D

m18-claymore.jpg

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Dee
Land mines. And shotguns to dicks.

No i just have a useless dog and cameras. Noone will sit and get drilled 200 times with a paintball gun.. So that works.

DGP

DGP

Thanks everyone, I have a Stafford-shire Terrier that would lick and cuddle an intruder but he looks like a badass. he was attacked by 2 chihuahuas and never even defended himself and is a total pacifists but the important part is he looks mean. Never considered owning a pit bull after all the bad press but I have 2 total pussy PBs that are just big babies. We ended up with them cause they were homeless and the pound was going to kill them because they were "pitbulls" and for no other reason.

I like the landmine and paintball gun idea but yeah, don't want a lawsuit. Nails in a plywood board also good but lawsuit worthy cause you could be accused of an "attractive nuisance" if kids were involved.

The trip wire with a loud alarm is the best one I think as far as a safe alternative to scare the shit out of anyone that tries.

I saw a video of a trip wire one where someone came into the greenhouse and got all fucking tangled in the wire and while running away the wire got around his pruning shears and launched them across the yard nearly hitting the other moron that was with him right in the head. Damn I laughed at that video. He practically hung himself by a limb going back over the fence with the trip wire al wound around him.

Anyway, you guys made me laugh a lot and I needed that:) Some damn funny responses.....

Thanks,

Dee

Top Bottom