How to keep your rvk fans quiet

• Thread starter diesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diesel

Hi all

ok this is my good deed for the day. I learnt this method the other month and thought id share it with you farmers. !

I have to say firstly

1. Do not do anything u dont feel comfortable with i do not warrant this.
2. The insultaion in the fan could be considered a hazard but i dont consider that these fans heat up so i an personally fine with it but you may not be.

Ok basically take the fan out of the box and put the bracket on. Put it back in the box can cut holes as seen on the photo.

Then cut holes for the cable ties through the bracket for the fan to hang up with.

After that stuff the box with insulation. I used roof fibreglass, dont do it without a mask and gloves etc.

Tape the box up really really well and connec the ACOUSTIC DUCTING on all ends... These fans are 200 and 150 size and were used on inlets and outlets..

I would say good connections with jubliee clips, one for the inner and one for the outer part of the acoustic ducting. Do not scrimp on the work do it right. !

Noise from fans comes when the air moves against the ribbs of the ducting, so i would recommend acoustic all over.. for the inlet,, you can put acoustic and then a t-piuece and split the air to two parts of the room ( after teh split u can use cheap shitty ducting cause the air is only half the pressue and more quiet.

When run 100 percent they were nearly silent.

Also fans run slower can be more noisy if the restrictor is resistance based.. but thats another story..

peace

Picture 019
Picture 020
Picture 021
P

pure arghan

iv done somehting the same but i made my box out of wood and filled it with expanding foam, i used fire prof expanding foam just incase it would have any problems, but theres one thing you must do and that is to make sure that there are no holes that the foam can get though to the working parts of the fan, when i did it for the first time, the foam got though to the fan blades and stoped the fan, i was able to take the fan apart and free it up, the one place that it got though at was at the small box on the side of the fan where the wires are jioned, seal that up and your laughing, the outher thing that makes a big differance is the duckting, if you use a insolatted duckting it will make a big difrance, as do the fillters

D

diesel

Thanks for the info.

After testing this fan for a few weeks, i can say it works well except the duct tape we used was not good enough , and have found a new duck tape called power duck heheh which should be better.

peace

B

brer

Glad it's a good job deisel thank's nice tutorial i like . Sound info .

T

true blue

Have the same setup with rvk 1 its in my room that i sleep no problems quiet.
Recommended and cheap

Top Bottom