How to kill a plant

• Thread starter Crysmatic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

How do you kill a plant, without being conspicuous? (no mutilation). I have a couple of observations from trying to kill a plant.

A tablespoon of ammonium nitrate in a liter of water does the trick. I drenched the soil once or twice, without run off. It doesn't take a week before they dry up and die.

I saturated a liter of hot water with DNF micro mix - about 3 heaping tablespoons. Several applications later and the stupid things are still hanging on! I was surprised how large a range micros can be applied. Now I'm curious why most commercial nutes have such low micro concentration (cost?)

I'll see if other nitrate salts have similar effects. I've applied table salt on the soil without much success. I'm also considering fungus gnats (i hate them!), however, they can spread to prized plants.

P

paulycali

I'll make sure to not invite you over to my place LOL!

What made you think of this?

Curiousity?

Jealousy?

You got me curious as to your motiv

What the dealio :thinking

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

probably the friend got his hands on a cut or some s1's by mistake and he wants to secure his strain without seeming like a selfish hole.

when you say prized plants now i assume a partner has some shit/unstable genetics that may herm and you want them out away from the prized plants, right huh huh? this is interesting!

W

wanderingwobble

Lol not really sure alot of folks around here are going to help you with this one

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Ok curiosity is killing me.. what is the motive for this?

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

well if you want to kill it wait till the soil drys and stab the root ball with a knife several times about an inch or 2 away from the stalk. you want the soil to be dry so you can brush the sediment over the stab wounds and then water. now all you say is that the plant took a shit after the feeding and the water will visually heal the stab wounds but the plant will die if done properly.

p.s. bleach water but it may smell, straight peroxide, sparkling water with salt, straight chem nutes or pour ph/down up in the soil.

Landfishd

Landfishd

I think he is just generally curious. I bet a bunch of NaOH or KOH would do the trick though not very economical. A strong acid I would think would work too and you can get HCL from the pool store cheap.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Do I still have lip marks on my forehead?.....This thread just blew my mind!

Seriously tho, why do you want to kill em? Males? Plant numbers? Why dont you give em to someone who wants them? GL with your quest, whatever it is. -PDX

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

I'll make sure to not invite you over to my place LOL!

What made you think of this?

Curiousity?

Jealousy?

You got me curious as to your motiv

What the dealio :thinking

well if you want to kill it wait till the soil drys and stab the root ball with a knife several times about an inch or 2 away from the stalk. you want the soil to be dry so you can brush the sediment over the stab wounds and then water. now all you say is that the plant took a shit after the feeding and the water will visually heal the stab wounds but the plant will die if done properly.

p.s. bleach water but it may smell, straight peroxide, sparkling water with salt, straight chem nutes or pour ph/down up in the soil.

thanks for the suggestions!

yes i am being shady :) i wouldn't spite anyone for no reason. i have issues with a roommate. pulling pranks is a more positive expression of my feelings. a couple of dead plants is going easy on him.

he has some kind of palm in the hallway. he likes to re-pot on his bare carpet, and then vacuum past 11pm (and may be the reason the plants won't die). Cutting the roots would become evident.

i wouldn't do anything that would harm my own house plants - i battled white fly and fungus gnats for years. they'd migrate from houseplants to pot plants. our mimosa is definitely a prize.

he stinks up the whole house (B.O.), and doesn't know it because he can't smell. unfortunately other people in the house can smell chlorine etc. wrecking his ph is a great way.

my focus may be changing from outright burning his plants, to experimenting with them. i wasted a lot of micro powder without success. it makes me wonder how far i can push plants with various salts...learn something while having fun :) i've never purposely overfed a plant. the ammonium nitrate was the first time i'd seen nitrogen burn...i typically severely underfeed.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Instead of fuckin up the disrespectful guys plants, have you ever thought of just calling him out on his fuct up behavior?

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Instead of fuckin up the disrespectful guys plants, have you ever thought of just calling him out on his fuct up behavior?

i've called him out many times. he just walks to his room and insults me under his breath. he's a smug little wussy.

you're absolutely right pdx - problems don't just go away if you ignore them. life will get unpleasant for a while if things don't shape up on march 1st.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Yeah, I dont know your situation with dude and whatever, so I cant really say much. Its just hard for me to come up with any reason to kill a MJ plant unless it herms or is an unwanted male. When they're fem and I dont want it, I can usually find a home for it quickly.
If one of MY roommates or friends were pushing me to my limit, and it couldnt be handled with words, I'd beat his ass, before killing his ladies. Just me. Do whatever you feel you need to do. Problem is, if you're doing it all sneaky, behind his back, he wont learn shit, and will continue to be a douche. Just an irritated douche instead. You should move or get a new roommate as soon as you're able. Good luck with it. -PDX

S

sk2004

Usually use pruners. Just chop the shit down. But then the plants don't seem to be the issue. If ur roommate is an asshole then fucking up his grow isn't going to make him/her less of one

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Fiscars pruning shears and the finger....lol

Tex

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

i love you guys :) i should have named this thread "how to get rid of roommates". any other prank ideas?

normally a direct route would lead to some resolution. he's a basket case. he's like a retarded 4 year old. he won't learn. he has earned some backlash.

assault wouldn't go over too well. i'm concerned with him retaliating - hence the subtle methods. he stays in his room all day while i'm at work, and has access to the whole house.

i'm definitely working on getting him out of my space. i'm not moving because of him. i want to make it inhospitable for him so that he leaves.

just to be clear: I am NOT killing MJ plants!

Latest posts

Top Bottom