How to know when to flip, Newbie

• Thread starter Awoz71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Awoz71

Awoz71

Hi all,
Newbie here. My GDP ladies have really taken off since I added a second light. I am 17 days in veg. And wondering what I am lookin for to know when to flip them to bloom. I have read 4 weeks but are there other signs to know.. Fyi they look so different cause I am following 2 grow diaries, 1 plant I am trimming and 1 I am not trimming to see which way to grow my next ones.

Screenshot_20210121-160609_Blink.jpg

Last edited:
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Not knowing the amount of stretch that will happen in the beginning of the flowering stage I’d lfill half my space then flip and I’ve still had to super crop middle of flowering due to stretch.

That’s the way I’d do it assuming there photoperiod plants! Usually with unlimited height the plant will show signs that’s it mature like throwing a few pistols here and there then they are sexually ready for flowering more ready for seeding.

It’s up to you flip away

PK1

PK1

Supporter
This is only if its photoperiod,
from the picture it looks like you are not doing any training. If you just like to give this round a go and smoke your own than I would flip it. Because it is going to stretch and since its your first round than you''ll be happy with your yield.

HOWEVER, If it was trained from the beginning, it would of have been shorter and if you are not in a big rush then i would suggest on start training her.

Let me know which option you wanna talk about :)

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Typically plants have certain processes that need to be carried out to prepare for flowering. Technically you can flip at 3 weeks but I wouldn't before 4 weeks. If you go too early, it can stress the plant and leave it more likely to herm.

Dan789

Dan789

Give the plant sufficient time to develope, so that you’ll actually have something to harvest. Six weeks would be a minimum for me, mostly longer...to flip.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I veg 4 weeks and get hp out of a 3x3 tent with 2 plants n dwc but mentioned earlier trained and supercropped

Awoz71

Awoz71

Thanks all for the info. I started to low stress train them an wow are they bushy. I have decided to flip them at the end of their 5th week that will give them 2 solid weeks of training in veg.before the flip.
20210127 104053

N

Newber

lol its like I'm watching cheaters! but plant looks good, keep it uo

Awoz71

Awoz71

Sorry I have a live feed camera in my grow box and didn't realize that pic was when the lights were off
20210127 113022

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
lol, im glad i am not the only shiny guy. lol! so your doing a high stress training. That's when you pull the branches to the side so that they have more space in between. Scrog net works best when the branches stretch up

Awoz71

Awoz71

Well from everything I have read and watched what I am doing was always refered to as LST. I thought HST was hen you soften the stems by squeezing/rolling them with your fingers and bending them, they will form a knuckle and stay that way.
I have the net already gonna wait a bit still before installing it..
Thanks for your input though..

Top Bottom