• Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Buddys 008

Buddys 007

Ok so i started with a couple of pics just to make sure i could get em on here w/o any problems..so here is your parts list:
3/4'' pvc ( about 2 feet)
3/4'' pvc t fitting
3/4'' garden hose cap
3/4''Male garden hose adapter
3/4'' Mpt barbed adapter
3/4'' pvc endcap
medium Rubbermaid roughtote
5 360 degree sprayers
400 gallon per hour submersible pump
elite 801 air pump(for 15 gal aquarium tank)

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
1 air stone
pvc cement
2 or 3 inch net cups( i used 2)
quart of leca stone

Tools: drill
15/16'' speed bore bit
1 7/8'' or 2 7/8'' hole saw(depending on net cup size)
hacksaw
knife
bong(optional)
10/32'' tap bit(to thread holes for sprayers)

Now we can begin to put it together:rasta:

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Ok so first you want to mark off the locations for the 3/4'' pvc bar.. I went about 3.5 inches down from the top.
Next you want to drill the 2 15/16'' holes that you just marked
(this is supposed to be a force fit don't worry)
Next I measured the distance from one inside of the rubbermaid to the other inside.
Divide that distance by 2 and cut 2 lenghts of 3/4'' pvc

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Buddys 006

Next put the 2 pieces of pvc through each 15/16'' hole

Then take the pvc T and screw the barbed adapter into the bottom

Next just connect the 3/4'' pvc spray bars to the T. and it should look as shown above (minus the 1 sprayer)

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Next i glued the endcap on to the side of my choice(doesn't matter)
Buddys 008

This is how it should look...Don't forget to use the pvc cement and glue the end cap on.

Next on the opposite side of the pvc put the 3/4'' male garden hose adaptor.(i used a small pvc elbow w/ mine)

Then just screw the cap on

It should look like this
Buddys 007

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Now you use the tap bit to drill the holes for the sprayers
(i used 5 about 3'' apart)
Buddys 009

*Be careful when using the tap..make sure when you drill that you back it out at the same speed that you drilled so as not to strip the hole..lol..Took me 3 diff pvc pieces to learn this

Then take your 400 gph submersible pump, i put it directly under the pvc T...(anywhere else crimps the hose w/ this size pump and reservoir)

Connect the 3/4'' hose from the pump to the bottom of pvc T fitting

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Next take your hole saw (i used a 1 7/8'' bit) for the 2'' net cups
Drill them along each side of the lid as shown
Buddys 011

I then hooked up the air pump and air stone
Buddys 012

and i filled her up w/ water!!!!

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
I finished putting the net cups in(pressing them down real tight)

Then i cut a notch in the top of the rubbermaid for the power cord for pump and air tube going to air stone

I am still not sure if i wanna seal the top( you can either use foam gasket tape, or i am thinking about using industrial velcro strips)
Buddys 015

Here is what i am going to use as the dome(just another clear plastic storage container)
Buddys 016

Good Luck everyone, it works great!!!
Buddys 014

Venom818

Venom818

THANKS Burnalot 420 I might give this i try.How lond did it take u to put it together.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
it was really fast, would have been like 20-30 mins if i didn't strip the holes for the sprayers...if you have any ques. jus hit me up..peace Burn

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

hey burn the only difference b tween yours and mine, mine is 35 site and i cut the bottom 2 rows out of the net pots so the rootage doesn't get caught !! i only use the netpots to hold the ez cloner inserts snug so it don't spray water through!!! the ez cloner inserts fit perfect in there!!! are you gonna put hydroton in there!!! dj

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea man that is a cool, i love the design so easy and practical...but yea you know me i'm jus a noob, what the hell would i do w/ a 35 site?lol. but yea right now i wasn't sure if i was going to use the net pots with the neopreme discs or jus use the discs, but now that you say water leaks i think i will jus do exactly what you r doin..i always wondered if the roots got tangled up, it seemed pretty obvious that they would...thanx agian D.J YOU DA MAN....peace Burn

N

not2busy4

very nice burnalot420 . what temps do you have the water at and what ph?

J

Jalisco Kid

If you made a square inside you would get much better coverage, as it is know only one side of your net pots is getting sprayed. If you cut a hole 3/16 smaller those neo pucks would stay and not leak. What is going to keep the water in? I have found those type of lids leak. JK

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
very nice burnalot420 . what temps do you have the water at and what ph?
i haven't run it just yet, but my temps should stay in the 70s and my water doesn't need to be ph'd at least i don't think it is neccessary, but again this will be my first time using it, i am a beginner, i just wanted to put a diy up to help out others like myself, as i use it and try diff. things i will be posting to continue to try to help those that need

hey jalisco, as far as the lid, if you look earlier in the thread i suggested foam gasket tape(which i know works) or possibly just using industrial velcro to keep lid snug...as of right now i am not going to seal my lid because it doesn't leak!!!! i was so happy, i thought it was going to be leakin everywhere...lol also i did put in my specs, that the holes for neopreme discs/net pots should be drilled at 1 7/8'' so that everything will fit snug...thanx tho man...peace Burn

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Very interesting approach good job

J

Jalisco Kid

I would run it a couple of days before you take your cuts. JK

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
why for a couple of days, i have ran it for a half hour or so, but what is the benefit from letting it run for 2 days? peace Burn

S

sparky421

Nice Tutorial, but can you put more sprayers in there?
I have an eight site, 5 gallon bucket built the same way. Its a Clone machine, with 2" net pots & neoprene disc and mine has 19 sprayers in it. Works 100% of the time!

Top Bottom