How to make a medium 10 site aero cloner....DIY STYLEE

• Thread starter burnalot420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea i was thinkin about putting possibly 3 more at the max, but the person who showed me this one said it works great with 5, what kind of sprayers are you using?, and do you have a dual spay bar, like the ez cloner...if not imo 19 is a little overkill...peace Burn

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
how long should i keep the dome on them after cutting?and if a few of the leaves are touching the side of the wet dome is that a problem..?

X

Xceptional

like the design, i've found that using rubbermaid roughneck is the only way to go AND cutting the hole for the power line in the lid keeps the seal tight enough that no foam or velcro should be needed. i've done it both ways now and i like having the power line out the lid you just have to leave enough slack between the neoprene insert and the pump in the power line that you can take the lid off.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea next time i make one, which will be soon, because i feel this one is too small..but yea i think i will put the wires out the top through a neopreme colllar, no extra cutting, and i think it will be cleaner then putting out the side..either way works great tho

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
how long should i keep the dome on them after cutting?and if a few of the leaves are touching the side of the wet dome is that a problem..?
Awesome DIY burnalot420! I've been looking to build something similar... I like your idea of the hood. Is there some small ventilation holes... Ones that could be closed like the typical retail domes. As for cloning... I've had leaves touch the side and it's usually not a prob if they get some fresh air periodically. Usually roots will pop w/in 11 days, but that's by hand and not using and aero cloner... How about an update on your cloner and results, including any new modifications that you feel would make it more efficient?
:thinking

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
wassup shady!! yea this cloner works great..other than what has already been mentioned, i am going to use a bigger rez for the next one,(18 gal) also make sure that your spray bar is far enough away from the top, or else the spray angle will not be hitting all cuts, i had this porb with this one, but just fliped the top upside down and sealed it..too much work tho..just make sure that for instance if using the 18 gal, that your spray bar is like 6 inches or so from the top..i didn't drill any holes in the dome, it doesn't fit snug like a normal dome so these aren't needed b/c already has sufficient airflow...hope that helps any other ques. i'll be more than happy to help...peace Burn...p.s also shady if you wanna put up you dome technique in here that would be cool..

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I use the dome completely closed for 2 day's.
Openeing once a day and misting the inside of the dome.
Then I use the dome for 2 more day's with the vent's open.
This way it slowly introduces them to the dryer inviroment.
Then no more dome.

I have never used one of these cloners before.
What is the male hose attachment for?
Is it just to fill the tub?

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
male hose adapter can b used to fill, but mainly to drain..can you give your cloning description in more detail, i am trying to ge the old way down pact as well..:)

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

The first thing I do is use Rapid rooter's. I use scissor's and cut them open on one side.
So I can place the clone in easily. Then I soak them in Ro water for 1\2 hour.
I have been using clonex for 4 year's. But recently switched to AN juicy root's.
The clonex gives root's faster. But the juicy root's keep's them very green and happy. And gives bigger thicker root's.
Then I mist the mother with plain RO water. And keep her and the cutting's sprayed as I go.
Then I pick 3 clone's at a time. I trim off all but a nice little top.
On the lowest node that will be in the RR. I leave a 1\2 inch of the shoot.
Then with sterilized sharp scizzors.(I don't like razor blades).
I cut at a 45 degree angle half way below the node that will go in the RR and the next one down. usually about a half inch.
Then the shoot that I left on the lowest node I quickly peel it downward's.
To remove some skin. And dunk it in the juicy root's for 15 second's. About 1 and 1\2 inches in the juicy root's.
Also alway's poor the juicy root's in a seperate container from the bottle. And when done toss the left over. Do not contaminate the bottle.
After 15 second's in the JR. I spread open the RR and place the cutting 1\2 inch from the bottom. And close it up. Place in clone tray and keep misted till finished.
Then they go on the heat matt at 80 degrrees. I mist the closed up clone dome. And repeat once a day for 2 day's. Then I open the dome and mist it for 2 more day's.
Then on the 5th day I remove the dome completely. Some may lay over. But will stand back up within a day.
After day 7 I start to let the RR dry out almost completely then water lightly and and repeat daily Untill rooted.
Depending on strain I get root's within 8 to 14 day's.
100% everytime. And nice fat root's.

I hope this help's. I am a very slow typest so I did the bes I could.
Just ask if you have any ?'s.
I am sure I missed something.

J

Jack Griffin

Excellent tutorial for the do-it-yourselfers.
I really liked how you got those buds to grow so quickly, and trimmed, too!

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
i will eventually be putting up another diy in the same thread for the same setup only a bigger rez and the bigger distance between the spray bar and cover..

Top Bottom