How to make Compost tea? Help here please!!!

• Thread starter Myster21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Myster21

Myster21

hello guys, This is my first time doing this so im going straight to the point becasue this should be simple for others with experience.
Im looking to make a compost tea to feed 4 plants 2 in Living Soil (5G fabric pots) and the others 2 in soil, (2G plastic pots). All i have is this.

1. MAIN OF COAST EARTH WORM CASTING
2. ALASKA FISH FERTILIZER 5-1-1
3. GRANDMA'S UNSULFURED MOLASSES
4. GROWERS RECHARGE
5. CAL MAG PLUS+ (BOTANICARE)
6. RO WATER
7. AIR PUMP AND STONES
I NEED THE MEASURES TO DO AT LEAST 2 GALLONS

i don't have the tea bag what i can use to replace that. Thank you in advance...

How to make compost tea help here please
mancorn

mancorn

You can use a pantyhose leg for a bag or you don't even need a bag really. I would nix the Cal/Mag. For 5 gallons I would use:

2 cups compost/worm castings
2-3 tablespoon molasses (3 a 48 hour brew. 2 if shorter time.)
3 tablespoon fish
And what every the amount it says on your Recharge (not familiar with the product, but obviously the primary source of microorganisms, so sure it says on your package.)

You're not trying to make fertilizer, just trying to increase the number of microorganisms. It's not a exact receipt like making a cake. A little more/less isn't going to be a big deal.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

You’re bubbling the sugar and the EWC to culture the microbes in the EWC. I don’t think You want to culture the microbes in the fish juice. I think it’s best to just add the fish to water and feed. I could be wrong on this.

Ozzifuss

Ozzifuss

Can I buy this stuff in a kit or pre mixed by chance? I only have two plants so it seems like overkill to buy all of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom