How To Not Get Caught Growing Tips

• Thread starter Sunset Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sunset Man

What are your guys tips on not getting caught other than the obvious don’t sell don’t smell don’t tell. Haven’t seen a security post about this in a while so wanted to see if anyone has any helpful information that’s up to date

AlbaNinja84

AlbaNinja84

Never sell,or at least not yourself, never let anybody know, be stealth bringing dirt equipment to the house.
Control the smell. When you post photos on internet for help ALWAYS remove metadata from photos (sometimes it contains gps position). NEVER keep scales, packaging material in the house. If you need to exchange information with somebody use Wickr messenger. Works without phone number, completely untraceable.
And always smile and say hello to your neighbors =)

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Don't leave grow garbage in your trash and leave it outside. One of the first things any detective does when investigating someone for any reason is take their garbage. I've seen them admit to dressing up as garbage men even. I tend to keep separate garbages and either burn grow stuff or deposit it in someone else's can right before pickup or a dumpster, that kind of stuff. Also, criminals take garbage too, its a lot more revealing than people think and you could impersonate most people just by collecting their trash for a couple months. I've seen junkies take used fentanyl patches out of nursing home dumpsters, etc.

G gnome

G gnome

Don't leave grow garbage in your trash and leave it outside. One of the first things any detective does when investigating someone for and reason is take their garbage. I've seen them admit to dressing up as garbage men even. I tend to keep separate garbages and either burn grow stuff or deposit it on someone else's can right before pickup or a dumpster, that kind of stuff. Also, criminals take garbage too, its a lot more revealing than people think and you could impersonate most people just by collecting their trash for a couple months. I've seen junkies take used fentanyl patches out of nursing home dumpsters, etc.

Real talk!

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

A scale is a handy tool and they are dirt cheap from China.
But, mo' betta spend the money and buy a mail scale from the USPS.
Those wee, .01 gram scales are seized as evidence of selling. But a postal scale, is, well, a postal scale.

And when trimming time comes around, change clothes and brush your hair before leaving the house.
Wee, green, "scales" that were stuck to my leg hair when I went to fetch the mail, cracked my neighbor up.
Said he mistook me for a lizard. :D
Say what

Good thing he grows too, yah?
It's where I got my net name.

Aloha,
Wee, green, scaly guy.

S

Sunset Man

Thanks for the info guys. I have been doing what you guys been saying I just wanted to know if there is anything I’m not doing that I can start doing. I never knew detectives would take your trash I’ll be sure to never dispose of anything in trash and take to my parents house

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks for the info guys. I have been doing what you guys been saying I just wanted to know if there is anything I’m not doing that I can start doing. I never knew detectives would take your trash I’ll be sure to never dispose of anything in trash and take to my parents house
Dont take it to your parents trash hahaha... Dump it at safeway or something. A nice carbon filter system will be your best friend

xavier7995

xavier7995

Yeah man, apartment complex dumpsters are where it's at. Do give a quick look around for security cameras, but just find a big low income place and toss your pot trash on the pile of other pot trash.

Also, just to reiterate, don't tell anyone, best friends will screw you. Don't have people over to your house.

Alternatively, if you are somewhat rural, just stick some autos near a water source, some fertilizer on top of the ground, come back in 3 months.

S

Sunset Man

I have a carbon filter with ducting and a fan I haven’t used it yet Bc it doesn’t smell bad it’s only day 14 of 12/12

xavier7995

xavier7995

You may want to be preemptive and get it set up and running. Would give you a chance to check for any leaks. Also, it can be kind of difficult to know how much your grow smells if you are always in it, your nose gets used to it.

S

Sunset Man

Do you leave the carbon filter inside the tent or do you run fan inside the tent and run the ducting through one of the holes in the tent to outside of tent and keep carbon filter outside of tent. Not sure how to set it up. It’s I power brand

xavier7995

xavier7995

I have it all in the tent, attach your filter to the roof. Mine is filter>ducting>light in a cooltube>ducting> to fan attached to tent wall that sucks air through all that and then exhausts outside the tent.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

And I never have anyone over ever
It gets tempting. And never means never, you might think that now but after 4 years of nothing at your house, you and your family might realize you did more than you thought with it. Just stay vigilant. Also, keep in mind how much you're smoking around others. I'm known to always have weed, that's a bad rep in the wrong places and i hate it but it comes with being legitimately involved with a cannabis business and using it to relieve chronic pain.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I take trash to an apartment complex lots of dumpsters and other peoples trash my cousin redberry taught me that
That’s what I use to do, now my friend has a big dumpster can”like at the apartments” for his flooring business so he lets me use it for some buffs every once in a while.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

And renters need to think long and hard before starting a grow.
Landlord can do inspections with 24 hour notice.
My buddy had to rent a U-haul trailer for his ladies for that reason.
They noticed the extension cable running fro the house and commented.
That's the tip, Have a plausible cover story that you can toss off without "ums".
He was ready, grinned, and said "I hadda put a dehumidifier in it before I help my friends move house. It smelled like a swamp".

Need to dig through my memory for tips here.
I can legally grow 20 plants our on my lanaii.
If they are tagged with my license number and expiration date, the law is no problem.
However.
We still have to be somewhat stealthy and security conscious. If visible from the street there;s good odds you will be ripped off.
I see medication, they see thousands of dollars, yah?
So, camouflage.
Screening plants, misdirection, translucent plastic roofing, etc.
Even knew a guy in California that grew trees.
They could be glimpsed from the highway, so he decorated them with red "berries" about the size of cherry tomatoes.
Must have worked, he never got them ripped.

Keep in mind that all of this is wasted if you "ride dirty".
Try not to carry in your car unless it's triple wrapped, and never smoke in the car.
It is less protected from search and seizure than your home.
The smell gives them cause to search it.
If you are holding, that's enough for them to get a warrant for your home.
Then, game over, yah?

Stay safe,
Wee 'zard

S

Sunset Man

And renters need to think long and hard before starting a grow.
Landlord can do inspections with 24 hour notice.
My buddy had to rent a U-haul trailer for his ladies for that reason.
They noticed the extension cable running fro the house and commented.
That's the tip, Have a plausible cover story that you can toss off without "ums".
He was ready, grinned, and said "I hadda put a dehumidifier in it before I help my friends move house. It smelled like a swamp".

Need to dig through my memory for tips here.
I can legally grow 20 plants our on my lanaii.
If they are tagged with my license number and expiration date, the law is no problem.
However.
We still have to be somewhat stealthy and security conscious. If visible from the street there;s good odds you will be ripped off.
I see medication, they see thousands of dollars, yah?
So, camouflage.
Screening plants, misdirection, translucent plastic roofing, etc.
Even knew a guy in California that grew trees.
They could be glimpsed from the highway, so he decorated them with red "berries" about the size of cherry tomatoes.
Must have worked, he never got them ripped.

Keep in mind that all of this is wasted if you "ride dirty".
Try not to carry in your car unless it's triple wrapped, and never smoke in the car.
It is less protected from search and seizure than your home.
The smell gives them cause to search it.
If you are holding, that's enough for them to get a warrant for your home.
Then, game over, yah?

Stay safe,
Wee 'zard
You’re the man

Top Bottom