How to prevent white powder Mildew

• Thread starter AllNewToThis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AllNewToThis

AllNewToThis

Hi, last year was my first year growing and my planets ended up with white powder mildew. I live in southern Ontario and have heard people have this problem because of the humidity during the summer. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent it? I grow outdoors in the backyard. I have heard neem oil mixed with water and also milk and water spray every 10 days or something like that. Any help would be great.
I would like to try and prevent it before it starts.
Thanks

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Spray liquid silica on it... silica is awesome at preventing it along with it makes the cells of the plant stronger. Makes the plant more drought resistant and helps the plant take up more water and nutrients....its a win win

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Several methods work. I use neem oil during veg and GrowSafe Bio Pesticide during flower. Follow mixing instructions on the bottles. Always always always spray neem during lights out! NEVER spray neem during light period and at least 3 hours before lights come back on. Also, Emerald Harvest Sturdy Stalk is a great tool to add to your inventory. Works great as foliar spray and supplement to water for roots. The silica prevents PM.

https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Pesticid...ldew-Non-Phytotoxic-Concentrate/dp/B07M983TRL

https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Safe-...+neem+oil&qid=1592334238&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-2

Also, I recommend this version of neem oil ^^ It does not have the same active ingredients as Azamax or the like, but trust me it works very well.
https://www.amazon.com/Emerald-Harv...k&qid=1592334193&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-2-catcorr

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi, last year was my first year growing and my planets ended up with white powder mildew. I live in southern Ontario and have heard people have this problem because of the humidity during the summer. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent it? I grow outdoors in the backyard. I have heard neem oil mixed with water and also milk and water spray every 10 days or something like that. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Passive air intake . Regards Od . Or use milk n water as a spray the pm feeds up on bacteria in milk and gets fat n lazy and leaves the plant alone I’ve had to use it a couple of times , getting air circulation is the key bringing cool air in from bottom of tent use the exhaust fan to do the job .

734D60E3 BBD1 471E 928D 8D9C4B46C4DE
B212D66C F0FD 4298 A6CA D02B8EF40E7E
CE52D8D4 0BA7 4614 8FF4 D361D2643727
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Passive air intake . Regards Od . Or use milk n water as a spray the pm feeds up on bacteria in milk and gets fat n lazy and leaves the plant alone I’ve had to use it a couple of times , getting air circulation is the key bringing cool air in from bottom of tent use the exhaust fan to do the job .
This is for outdoor growing tho...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks
buy something soon as that stuff will sell out fast in this area.
i found that white widow was pretty resilient to pm last year while other plants in the same area had it.

AllNewToThis

AllNewToThis

buy something soon as that stuff will sell out fast in this area.
i found that white widow was pretty resilient to pm last year while other plants in the same area had it.
Will do

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Actinovate is the shit for both powdery mildew and bud rot. Its a different fungus that outcompetes the other two, and is harmless to people. Whoever suggested copper sulfide, that fairly nasty stuff. I wouldn't smoke it.

evu80

evu80

Actinovate is the shit for both powdery mildew and bud rot. Its a different fungus that outcompetes the other two, and is harmless to people. Whoever suggested copper sulfide, that fairly nasty stuff. I wouldn't smoke it.

Can I use this Actinovate 6 weeks into flower? I'm debating on removing as much affected leaves as possible since I have 2-3 weeks left vs using some sort of agent.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Can I use this Actinovate 6 weeks into flower? I'm debating on removing as much affected leaves as possible since I have 2-3 weeks left vs using some sort of agent.
You can use it at any time. It's safe to consume. It's more of a preventative than a treatment; once PM is established it's harder to deal with.

Top Bottom