how to proceed with pruning/defoliation

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

super og kush
82 days with another 21 or so before flip.
2 out of 4 turned out to be these short and dense girls
should i just take some interior leaves so the inside gets more light or just remove all the lower branches and leave the top 7 or so?
like i said another 3 weeks or so before i can flip as i have autos growing in the same room that are almost done.

How to proceed with pruningdefoliation
How to proceed with pruningdefoliation 2
How to proceed with pruningdefoliation 3
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

It sounds like you have the right idea. Another reason to clear the center of the plant is to help with air flow.

D

dean1963

It sounds like you have the right idea. Another reason to clear the center of the plant is to help with air flow.
which idea?
remove the leaves or everything except the tops?
basically what i'm asking is will those smaller inside tops ever produce anything or just suck up nutes.

Last edited:
freezeland2

freezeland2

which idea?
remove the leaves or everything except the tops?
I wouldn’t, but I would trim the bigger fans around the bases. Also any leaves facing inward toward the middle. The plants look good. Soft ties are an option to spread branches to expose lower buds to more light.

N

nsw3913t

4 dif strains, gorilla glue, dosi dos, golden leaf, and runtz. Just did first defoliation. Looking to see if they are doing good. All responses are welcome. 800 watt led, 2 exhail bags. Intake and exhaust fans, 1 circ fan. Thinking of 2 more bags. And 3 more fans. 1 more for on top 2 for under. Running 80f and 45rh light and 71f and 52rh dark. Want dense nugs again any help is appreciated TIA!!

20220911 075243
20220911 075239
20220911 075226
20220911 075215
N

nsw3913t

4 dif strains, gorilla glue, dosi dos, golden leaf, and runtz. Just did first defoliation. Looking to see if they are doing good. All responses are welcome. 800 watt led, 2 exhail bags. Intake and exhaust fans, 1 circ fan. Thinking of 2 more bags. And 3 more fans. 1 more for on top 2 for under. Running 80f and 45rh light and 71f and 52rh dark. Want dense nugs again any help is appreciated TIA!!
Almost 2 weeks into flower btw

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I wouldn’t, but I would trim the bigger fans around the bases. Also any leaves facing inward toward the middle. The plants look good. Soft ties are an option to spread branches to expose lower buds to more light.

That would be my approach. What @freezeland2 posted above ... I'm not surprised at all though. We seem to have similar approaches to gardening.

LST clips are another option but soft ties work very well and are easy to source ... even pipe cleaners will do the trick. At some point you will likely want to trim some lower vegetation but not yet (lollipop). Right now, get them growing in the profile you want them. Consider super-cropping as an option to fill out your net. This is especially useful if you decide not to top your plants.

Edit: I just saw on re-read that you're about 2 weeks into flower. I'd run with LST/Super-cropping and not topping at all at this point.

Madmax

Madmax

Id prolly raise your light a little buddy..its most likely the reason your leaves are showing some stress ...

D

dean1963

That would be my approach. What @freezeland2 posted above ... I'm not surprised at all though. We seem to have similar approaches to gardening.

LST clips are another option but soft ties work very well and are easy to source ... even pipe cleaners will do the trick. At some point you will likely want to trim some lower vegetation but not yet (lollipop). Right now, get them growing in the profile you want them. Consider super-cropping as an option to fill out your net. This is especially useful if you decide not to top your plants.

Edit: I just saw on re-read that you're about 2 weeks into flower. I'd run with LST/Super-cropping and not topping at all at this point.
i did what freezeland2 said, the post directly above your response is not me.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

i did what freezeland2 said, the post directly above your response is not me.
If you did what @freezeland2 said, you'll be fine. He's been growing for a while. His advice is consistently on target.

Latest posts

Top Bottom