how to pull a elbow

• Thread starter Greenup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenup

Hey growers what will it take for me to get a pound in a small 5x5 tent with a 600hps and fem pineapple kush seeds?
How many plants?
What size pots?
What nutes?
Hey just grow it for me as well lol!

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

16 2 gallon pots of coco
veg 2 weeks and top em at 10 days
Nutes- Floranova Bloom
Temp- keep it under 78

should pull an elbow with good clones. With seeds, your on your own.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You can easily pull an elbow with a 600. 16 2 gallon plants, 8 1 gallon plants...

doesnt matter as long as you get the canopy the same size as the footprint.

Veg longer if you have to. grow the strain more than once so you can dial it in.

Dont give up! practice makes perfect.

symbiote420

symbiote420

First, you need the right genetics, with low yielding strains you'll never get a lb.
Second, do like Ghostface said and upgrade to the 1k, this is my first run under 1k...I feel like I've wasted my time for years using 600s and 400s, it's that much of a difference!
And third, keep your enviro in check....good air circ, proper temps and light distances, watering and feeding properly.
But your grow skills and strain selection are the biggest factors. Hope this helps!

S

SSHZ

1 plant with a 4-5 month veg. Tie every branch down and pinch, pinch and pinch some more. Keep everything short so you don't waste the light. 1 large pot, maybe a 20 gallon pot. Grow it in pro-mix, use the Botanicare feeding program and r.o. water. Always pH of 6.2-6.3. Piece of cake!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
1 plant with a 4-5 month veg. Tie every branch down and pinch, pinch and pinch some more. Keep everything short so you don't waste the light. 1 large pot, maybe a 20 gallon pot. Grow it in pro-mix, use the Botanicare feeding program and r.o. water. Always pH of 6.2-6.3. Piece of cake!

Sounds like someone is speaking from experience.

I have rooms with 1ks and room swith 600's. The beauty with 600's is you can get the plants a lot closer since they run cooler. In a tent, I see this as an advantage for you.

I have a room with 600's that consistently outperforms a friend with the same system, and 1k's. I run my plants 14" from these bulbs at end of stretch. Air cooled.

S

SSHZ

Regarding r.o. water and pro-mix- it depends on the quality of the water. Medium doesn't matter much. If your ppm is over 250-300, you need to r.o. your water.

He didn't mention anything about a time frame- just how to get a lb from a 600 watt light. I agree it's not efficient but it works.

1000 vs. 600- NO comparison. 1000 watts reaches so much further down the plant that the biggest difference is you'll get larger and more solid buddage from a larger bulb. I use both. If you can control the heat, 1000 watters are the way to go.

G

Greenup

Thanks everyone for the information! Yeah I was trying to keep where I get a pound like every 2-3months but I have grow once before and have read a lot on it took a break and now getting back into it. Is there an easy way to clone as well? I feel like that its the most important thing to do if u want to have it going on a regular

M

Mr. Greeny

1 plant with a 4-5 month veg.

This will be a big waste of time and energy. It is pointless to veg a plant this long. You can have an entire grow done from start to finish in this amount of time. I took one plant in one power eco grower bucket, vegged it for 5 weeks (which is still kinda long), and pulled an elbow. Granted it was with a 1000 watt setup, but the bulb was a little old, which effected the yeild. Cheers and good luck bro!

C

califeenia

Hey growers what will it take for me to get a pound in a small 5x5 tent with a 600hps and fem pineapple kush seeds?
How many plants?
What size pots?
What nutes?
Hey just grow it for me as well lol!

knowledge and experience or luck.
there's a guy that pulled 440g with one plant and 250w. he grew the chronic from seed i think. vegged for a month (or maybe 2weeks more) in one of them storage tubs using the scrog method. harvest at 49 days.

organic nutes is the way to grow unless you like smoking on chemicals.

C

califeenia

go with the 1000 only if you can handle the heat otherwise it will diminish your yield and quality. listen to capulator. nothing wrong with 600 if you can get a optimal enviroment. heat will give you airy buds and cool temps gives you tighter nugs.

if you go with capulator method of pot size and sog from seeds you'll need 1month of veg time rather than 1-2 weeks veg when growing with clones.

look up 12/12 from seeds.
and also greenhouse has videos where they pull 2lb+ from one seed and 1kw but they plenty of head room and were using 100 gal pots.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter

sorry but this is a huge waste - veg 4-5 months at 18 hours?

think about it - thats 6-7 months to finish one plant - not to mention paying for 18 hours of light a day for 4-5 months - lot of electricty for one pound

somebody could easily pull down 3 sog grows start to finish and still get a pound each time

GPW dont mean shit if your veg time is 4 months

been saying it for years the real equation should be gpw per month

edit: lol - after I posted this I saw all the other comments

P

paulycali

2x4 flood tray

16 2-gallon pots

Veg 3-4 weeks with topping and/or lst

Optimal temps and conditions

Latest posts

Top Bottom