How to remove alcohol from tincture

• Thread starter Lisa22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Just make sure you do your extraction first
Then flavor it
Unsure how well the extraction process will go if the alcohol already has something in it
151 is a good call if you plan to use for drinks
You can even reduce it a little for potency
190 proof everclear is what you want to use if it’s available in your state! 151 works kinda- 190 produces a much better product

stltoed

stltoed

I make RSO every season. I use 99.9% pure alcohol, because water is much harder to remove than alcohol. I smoke mine, so alcohol is a no no. Good advice so far,, but I'd like to add that high temps will ruin any flavor you may get from the bud. The only real benefit with heat is decarboxilation, so if your plan is to make a lotion or eat it... sounds like it is, you will have taken care of it.

I don't use any gadgets, or recover my alcohol, which is a hell of a good idea and I will be doing it in the future along with filtration. I just get the dried scraps soaking in alcohol, strain out the scraps. To remove the alcohol I use a small fan. It clamps to the side of the bowl, and focuses the airflow into the bowl. I can remove almost a gallon on a warm day. Once the majority of alcohol and water are gone you can use a bit of heat to finish the job, I decarb. now but I dont normally go over 240F. I put it in capsules, or syringes to help dosing later.

For some reason smoking it isn't very popular. It works great... makes a mess, but it really works. And my RSO is smoother than rosin. It has a flavor of roses for some reason, but its strong, and works great in a e-nail, but again. It makes a mess

Latest posts

Top Bottom