How to save a stinky pheno?

• Thread starter LoganatorDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoganatorDude

LoganatorDude

Hey so I have this outdoor plant that I recently harvested the whole top/outside half while the remaining inside finishes, and I can’t help notice the strong predominant smell of a pungent zesty lemon funk with hints of a sweet skunk and/or diesel. Almost like a funky lemon diesel, I’m addicted to the smell.

Would it be worth it to try to take a clone to make seeds, or could I even just pollinate one with the other (I have two alike, except one is maybe smellier) or even attempt a self-seed. I have a 130ppm colloidal silver solution I was planning to dilute and use on a branch to get pollen. But what would you guys recommend with your experiences. Also how long do you think it takes from pollination to completed seed? About a month?

Last edited:
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Hey so I have this outdoor plant that I recently harvested the whole top/outside half while the remaining inside finishes, and I can’t help notice the strong predominant smell of a pungent zesty lemon funk with hints of a sweet skunk and/or diesel. Almost like a funky lemon diesel, I’m addicted to the smell.

Would it be worth it to try to take a clone to make seeds, or could I even just pollinate one with the other (I have two alike, except one is maybe smellier) or even attempt a self-seed. I have a 130ppm colloidal silver solution I was planning to dilute and use on a branch to get pollen. But what would you guys recommend with your experiences. Also how long do you think it takes from pollination to completed seed? About a month?
Take clones and put them under 20/day hr light. It'll take a while, but some of them will root and then revegetate. The clone those for a mother.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Clone it...take more than you need some wont make it. The cuts that do are now "monster cropped"
If its in a container you can bring it inside and re-veg the entire plant too

LoganatorDude

LoganatorDude

Thanks for the feedback! It’s in the ground but I can already see where I can start taking cuttings. I will take lots like you’ve mentioned.

funkychicken

funkychicken

Never tried to take one out of the ground to reveg indoors, but my friend just harvested an outdoor plant that had been harvested once already indoors, and I just harvested a second Indoor run this morning of the same cut. It’s totally worth the effort with some varietals!

5F74F31E 2D49 41CB B31D A4556E4DD67A
D45457C4 D562 491F 85CE CD3C93675043
DE4C9BF2 90DF 473D A12D CFEE710FA690
EC48E46A 7AA3 4BBF A9D8 45D9EAEAE95A
tmnygrowz

tmnygrowz

Another option is to force rodelization by letting the remaining bottom buds continue growing until seeds are produced. This is much easier to do indoors or with auto flowers where you control the environment, but is still doable outdoors. The end result will be a self pollenated, feminized set of seeds that carry much of the same genetics of your current cut.

I keep this one in mind for varieties that don't like to reveg...like a Panama Red x Medicine Man cross a friend had....months to reveg, and even then at the slightest sign of stress, it goes back into flower.

linde

linde

Another option is to force rodelization by letting the remaining bottom buds continue growing until seeds are produced. This is much easier to do indoors or with auto flowers where you control the environment, but is still doable outdoors. The end result will be a self pollenated, feminized set of seeds that carry much of the same genetics of your current cut.

I keep this one in mind for varieties that don't like to reveg...like a Panama Red x Medicine Man cross a friend had....months to reveg, and even then at the slightest sign of stress, it goes back into flower.
a lot of plants won't force hermie without chemicals sprayed onto them.

Top Bottom