How to save her? Do I flush?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey all, I'm about week 3 veg, light stressed my plants and my biggest and strongest will not recover. I clearly caused her some nutrient issues from the light. This is about day 4 since I raised the light to 24-25" at 50% . All the other plants are happier. How can I fix her?

How to save her do i flush
How to save her do i flush 2
How to save her do i flush 3
How to save her do i flush 4
How to save her do i flush 5
How to save her do i flush 6

Habosabin

Habosabin

That droopy one looks like it may have a Cal mag issue from the spotted leaves.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
thats a floraflex system, what media are you running? we need a bit more details. i suspect it wasn't the light that's the problem, and it just exacerbated symptoms that were already on their way. that plant isn't uptaking anything right now. my knee jerk reaction is there's something going on with the roots.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

The sick looking droopy plant. If this was my plant I'd.
Pinch it off just bellow the 2nd node. Leave as much of a stump as you can. This will help stop splitting laughter on. Don't take any fan leaves off whats left.

"Get rid of the steam things, your going to end up with mold everywhere". Put a fan on your plants instead, Lots of wind is the key.
The leaves on all of your plants need to be moving in the breeze.

The dark droopy leaves lead me to believe over watering is an issue with this plant. It's drowning! it is important that you let this plant dry out camel fart dry. Then give it about 1/2 the water that it is getting now.

Go to the store and get a bag of Gypsum.
A bag of pure unscented Epsom Salts.
Put a teaspoon of Epsom Salts = Magnesium and Iron and
a teaspoon of Gypsum = Calcium in a liter of water
1 drop Dawn dish soap and mix well. Breaks the surface tension of the water droplets and stops beading.
Spray all of your plants with this mix every other day for a week. First thing in the morning.
Water each of the healthy plants with the leftover.
Once the sick plant needs water again, water the plant with this mix as well.
Do this once a month.

It's going to take 2 or 3 weeks for this plant to come around. Just let it be and it will come back but it will take more than 4 days,
4 weeks is more likely. If you took it and stuck it in the ground in a field never watered it and gave it full sun it would be pretty sick for a while but it would take hold and grow. Just relax and let it be. Don't push.

Last edited:
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

thats a floraflex system, what media are you running? we need a bit more details. i suspect it wasn't the light that's the problem, and it just exacerbated symptoms that were already on their way. that plant isn't uptaking anything right now. my knee jerk reaction is there's something going on with the roots.
My bad, I'm running Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco A + B, B-52 and Voodoo. 3/4 strength from recommended feed chart. Canna Coco and perlite 75/25. All plants have had zero problems up until I was giving them too much light. The plant that is having issues was closest to the light (it was also by far my strongest to start, that's why it's so weird to see her struggling). All started at 1 shot a day, now feeding 3 shots, one 15 minutes after lights on, one 7 hours later and again 7 hours later. Dryback readings seem good. Plant is uptaking water the same as the rest of the plants. Just weird that the tallest happens to be the only one not doing better. EC doesn't seem to be spiking on her either. Temp is 80F day 73F Night Humidity 55 day 45 night.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
My bad, I'm running Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco A + B, B-52 and Voodoo. 3/4 strength from recommended feed chart. Canna Coco and perlite 75/25. All plants have had zero problems up until I was giving them too much light. The plant that is having issues was closest to the light (it was also by far my strongest to start, that's why it's so weird to see her struggling). All started at 1 shot a day, now feeding 3 shots, one 15 minutes after lights on, one 7 hours later and again 7 hours later. Dryback readings seem good. Plant is uptaking water the same as the rest of the plants. Just weird that the tallest happens to be the only one not doing better. EC doesn't seem to be spiking on her either. Temp is 80F day 73F Night Humidity 55 day 45 night.
how big are the shots? what's the wc in the media? are you running anything for sterility or to combat bad bacteria? are there any visible signs of stem rot at the base of the affected plant? the symptoms all point at a root issue to me, she has no turgidity and doesn't look to be uptaking anything at all, which kind of surprises me her drybacks are on point with the others. i'd expect her to be over saturated with her appearance.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

how big are the shots? what's the wc in the media? are you running anything for sterility or to combat bad bacteria? are there any visible signs of stem rot at the base of the affected plant? the symptoms all point at a root issue to me, she has no turgidity and doesn't look to be uptaking anything at all, which kind of surprises me her drybacks are on point with the others. i'd expect her to be over saturated with her appearance.
13 second shots with 10-20% runoff. Cleaning res once a week with antibacterial soap and hydrogen peroxide. Running voodoo for beneficial microbes. Stem and roots look good from what I can see so far. I agree on drybacks, I'll check them again when I get home.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Just got home and rootzone reading from blue lab is 31% saturation (full is 33%) and 1.97 EC, other plant is 32% saturation with 1.93 EC. Top roots look healthy too.

20211124 231242

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

So after my readings last night, she's not really drinking like she was before, going to take her off the feedings for today and let her dryback a bit to see if that helps, I'll follow that with a gentle flush and hope that helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom