How to smoke a joint

• Thread starter jollycanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
Hi JOLLY CANNA sharing how I get great flavor THROUGH out the whole joint...

First find a bud that was grown organic... From a top notch grower who understands pheno/geno/feeding composition...lol
Not all strains have a flavor beyond that smoke flavor, the pheno/ geno / feed goes for both organic methods and chemical grows is important because some phenos have the flavors we want and then sometimes it takes a geno zone to pull something special.

As someone how has been smoking outdoors for a long time same strains I have to say that geno is crazy... Lime grape one season same feed then next season different weather patterns the flavor wasn't as there in the lime grape zone.

Next is knowing your nugs sugar leaf. GDP from all the organic grows ive tried it has that flavor of purp purfume so I might keep that in my joint. But otherwise getting ll those leave and as much stem out is going to pay off later.

I like pinners over fat joints unless its the right strain. For me a 9lbs HAMMER pinner has more flavor in some ways then a big fatty and that might just be the amount of resin build up in my mouth ruins the flavor over time. But like 2-3mm diameter

1. I like to use sissiors over a grinder if I'm really going for flavor and its a medium course chop for me.
2. Then I roll it tight and tamp the top and bottom sometimes
3. To light it put the flame or heat element to the tip and let it burn until you see a little ember now you can draw in but wait till all the paper burns away and you see that ember look on the tip before you start puffing.
4. Smoke it down 3-4mm then put it down and let it go out
5. Wait 5-12min and then repeat step 3 to start up again

Now your joint should have this way more pronounced flavor like what you were going for the rest of the way.
Try it, sound like a lot to do but its so worth it. My key lime pie pinner from last night still tasted great its like the preburn and wait busts the terps out and then they go wild.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I'll also contribute a little fact picked up from Arnold Schwarzenegger (in a copy of Cigar Aficionado).
As OP describes, don't light by drawing the flame into the joint. Roast it, rotating it in your fingers until evenly lit. Then blow gently through the joint to clear any residual 'tane.
Flavor is everything

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
I'll also contribute a little fact picked up from Arnold Schwarzenegger (in a copy of Cigar Aficionado).
As OP describes, don't light by drawing the flame into the joint. Roast it, rotating it in your fingers until evenly lit. Then blow gently through the joint to clear any residual 'tane.
Flavor is everything
That blow out I never consciously tried that ty

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

First find a bud that was grown organic... From a top notch grower who understands pheno/geno/feeding composition...lol
Not all strains have a flavor beyond that smoke flavor, the pheno/ geno / feed goes for both organic methods and chemical grows is important because some phenos have the flavors we want and then sometimes it takes a geno zone to pull something special.

As someone how has been smoking outdoors for a long time same strains I have to say that geno is crazy... Lime grape one season same feed then next season different weather patterns the flavor wasn't as there in the lime grape zone.

Next is knowing your nugs sugar leaf. GDP from all the organic grows ive tried it has that flavor of purp purfume so I might keep that in my joint. But otherwise getting ll those leave and as much stem out is going to pay off later.

I like pinners over fat joints unless its the right strain. For me a 9lbs HAMMER pinner has more flavor in some ways then a big fatty and that might just be the amount of resin build up in my mouth ruins the flavor over time. But like 2-3mm diameter

1. I like to use sissiors over a grinder if I'm really going for flavor and its a medium course chop for me.
3. To light it put the flame or heat element to the tip and let it burn until you see a little ember now you can draw in but wait till all the paper burns away and you see that ember look on the tip before you start puffing.

Now your joint should have this way more pronounced flavor like what you were going for the rest of the way.
Try it, sound like a lot to do but its so worth it. My key lime pie pinner from last night still tasted great its like the preburn and wait busts the terps out and then they go wild.
Step 4 has got to go because I’m not putting out the joint till it’s gone.
Strain and how well it’s grown plays a huge part. Then it’s how tight you can roll or without over compression.
Third I don’t let anyone else smoke it with me because not many people understand you have to take your time with it. Once hot boxed the rest of the joint is garbage. So I let them roll their own.
I can puff a proper 1 1/4 joint for 20minutes without it ever going out.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
Step 4 has got to go because I’m not putting out the joint till it’s gone.
Strain and how well it’s grown plays a huge part. Then it’s how tight you can roll or without over compression.
Third I don’t let anyone else smoke it with me because not many people understand you have to take your time with it. Once hot boxed the rest of the joint is garbage. So I let them roll their own.
I can puff a proper 1 1/4 joint for 20minutes without it ever going out.
I had a gdp once that lasted 45min with a 1/2in roach left over all flavor

FourthCity

FourthCity

Step 1.5
Use a fusilli noodle for a crutch.

Top Bottom