How to store seeds for a long time?

• Thread starter pimpin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

guerilla family

Mine go into vials or anything that will seal. Small ziplock baggies, then into a larger ziplock baggie, and in the crisper drawer ;)

GFam

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Is storing seeds in dime bags inside of other sandwich bags in a dark place good for a couple of years, like what exactly are we cosidering long term and should i store mine differently

D

dooobster

I keep mine in little ziplock bags, which all go into a larger ziplock bag with 2 or 3 of those dessicant packs, which then goes into a metal tin (sort of like a cookie tin) with a couple more dessicant packs. Nice & dark in there. I keep my tin in a very cool place.. Not the fridge, but it's about 60 degrees in the area of my basement where they're kept.
No problems to report so far.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea i think i sould be alright the area where i store them is about the same maybe about 5o deg. but they'll be ok for another year or two

Z

zoeronerer

had seeds in a brown bottle with rice germ after 20 years . 30% up.....so suprised

B

bowcat

I have used a small food saver vacuum pouch with a few silica packets that you get in a bottle of vitamins...

then in a brown/amber bottle or jar because this filters out the most damaging light in the spectrum (same reason most US beer bottles are brown)

then in the fridge...I have kept beans like this for as long as 6 years and had over 75% still pop...but I don't suggest longer than 24 months.

Top Bottom