How to store seeds?

• Thread starter WESTCRAZY1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WESTCRAZY1

So i just got 3 packs of seeds from the cali connection. Im not planning on running any yet until a couple of months from now. I've heard of people storing there seeds in the fridge but i was wondering can i store them inside a cabinet? i have a desk cabinet and was wondering if i can store the seeds inside an envelop and put it inside the cabinet?

W

WESTCRAZY1

putem in the fridge bro or buy one of those kids bedroom fridges to store them in £30 and you got your own little refrigerated seed vault :)

im trying not to go that route since i have other people living with me i dont want them smashing the seeds on accident. I want to know if theres any other way i can store the seeds and not damage them? I have a cabinet in my room and want to put the seeds in there. But if thats not a good idea and the fridge is my only choice then the fridge it is. I just want to know if the cabinet will still be fine?

K

keebler420

putem in the fridge bro or buy one of those kids bedroom fridges to store them in £30 and you got your own little refrigerated seed vault :)

That is a cool idea; kids fridge for a refrigerated seed vault.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
if you want more info theres a post i made earlier its in the forums called storing beans

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
When storing seeds your worst enemy is Heat and moisture. A cool dry area would work fine. If your cabinet does not get to warm you should be ok if you are going to germinate within a few months. Place the seeds in there package in a tuppeware or ziplok container and add a little rice or silica beads to keep any moisture at bay. RB

P

Peks

the best condition for storing seeds are: humidity less than 5%
temperature 35-40° F (2-5° C)

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
I store mine in moist soil....:sun

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Mine are in a fire proof safe , this might not be the best way but it has worked fine for me

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
if i had some of the stuff you had zoo i would probly keep em in a safe also

A

azmatis

::rasta:theres this small little coke fridge that holds six cans
its perfect you can pick them up at any walmart
az

G

GigZ-16

I believe storing them with vermiculite in a basement would be fine. Vermiculite because f I call correctly it takes moisture from the air, and the basement because heat rises.

C

caliskunker

i like your stylee!!:drink

I believe storing them with vermiculite in a basement would be fine. Vermiculite because f I call correctly it takes moisture from the air, and the basement because heat rises.

Latest posts

Top Bottom