How to tell if auto?

• Thread starter Formallyhap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Formallyhap

Formallyhap

So I traded for some beans off a guy that was chatting me up at the grow store, but I am thinking they have auto flower in them because one male shot up to 3 feet tall and has golf ball sized male flowers spewing pollen all over my bathroom.

Does that mean it's an auto? Only one of 8 plants did that, none of the females have really stretched at all but they seem like they have more buds starting than normal considering they are on 24 hour.

I just switched to my homemade light on the females so I figured the lack of any kind of stretch was because they are way more intense and I don't have the distance worked out.

stupid pos phone is crashing every time I open the camera app, will take pics when my lady gets home.

Are people crossing in ruderalis and then not bxing to the starter so random phenos show auto flower traits?
I got out of foruming right when that guy was working lowrider for the first time so my knowledge on autos is limited and biased(back then everyone said they sucked).

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

guy said they were gelato 33 seeds from silver induced self pollination but I am wondering and think tha'ts BS because of the males

should have all been fem if he used silver right?
I never should have stopped reading about pot, I forgot so much shit.

There are 3 phenos showing, spindly males, super male that was full height and dumping pollon within 2months of sprouting in 24 hour light, and then all the females look similar with 2 budding way faster than the others., so I guess that's 4

no way a selfed plant would produce this diverse showing right?

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

guy said they were gelato 33 seeds from silver induced self pollination but I am wondering and think tha'ts BS because of the males

should have all been fem if he used silver right?
I never should have stopped reading about pot, I forgot so much shit.

There are 3 phenos showing, spindly males, super male that was full height and dumping pollon within 2months of sprouting in 24 hour light, and then all the females look similar with 2 budding way faster than the others., so I guess that's 4

no way a selfed plant would produce this diverse showing right?

If they were selfed they would be female seeds. This sounds like an accidental pollination and not with good genetics.

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

ya that's what I am thinking, maybe this weird male pheno seeded his crop and he just wanted a couple clones to start over.

No biggie,I will just grow them as freaks and see what happens, some of the best pot myths started this way.

B

Badmf

ya that's what I am thinking, maybe this weird male pheno seeded his crop and he just wanted a couple clones to start over.

No biggie,I will just grow them as freaks and see what happens, some of the best pot myths started this way.
Good luck but pollen can travel far and make certain you sterilize any area not wanting seeded buds!

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

Okay so these stupid things still aren't done and I need the space.

That's a full 8 weeks, I thought autos were fast? Only one of them looks sativaish and it might be the closest to done.

Do autos not take shorter times in flower? It's just that they have no veg? If that's true why not just 12/12 early and keep the flexibility of light control?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If it was a male there probably not autoflowers as 99.99% of autos are feminized.

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

it was 50 50 males a females

I think he might have used an auto flower male and then dusted a few different females because theres at least 4 female phenos and there were 2 different males too.

I culled the males after filling up a couple little containers that had keif in them.

All but one of the females look and smell like an unworked mazar i shariff afghani with some variation, with a random girl that grows like original trainwreck(like a vine almost).

Garbage genetics, but maybe the smoke will be good. Probable going to cut these as soone as the leaves yellow out, I stopped ferting 3 weeks ago.
I guess it was fun, i was waiting on my other stuff to be bigger anyways, doing a tree grow next.

Latest posts

Top Bottom