How To Tell If Dirt Is Good For Guerilla Grow?

• Thread starter Flydank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nog

The fist priority in guerilla growing is security, then water, and the soil comes last.
The reality is you probably won't have good soil in a lot of places, depends where you live, but MJ is pretty hardy and will grow in almost all soils.

You may not get monster plants but guerilla growing is not about getting monster plants, it's about getting a harvest, which usually entails more smaller plants spread out.

You can cart in soil amendments but that means more trips to the site, meaning more chance of a trail developing, and more chance of being spotted by someone who will call leo or decide to go looking for your grow to steal it.

I have come to the conclusion that minimal site preparation is the way to go.
Just dig up the ground and plant the seedlings or clones, and use inorganic fertilizers.
And then stay the hell away from the area as much as possible, even though you may keep wanting to go check on them so see if they are all right and how much they have grown.

I lost some plants last year from growing in a too labour intensive method of growing, which resulted in me going to the site too many times and I was spotted and the ripper worked out what I was doing there and went combing the area looking for my plants.

shaganja

shaganja

have been searching keywork guerilla. looking for organic, time release, nutes for outdoor. would be nice to have a dry top coat for flowering. any ideas?! do i make a new thread? am new. not sure where to go. no good answers so far. all i got is osimocote, and fish heads. so far im leaning with fish heads. people have been guerilla growing for years, and this is all we have for guerilla growing nutrients? kinda disapointing.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
have been searching keywork guerilla. looking for organic, time release, nutes for outdoor. would be nice to have a dry top coat for flowering. any ideas?! do i make a new thread? am new. not sure where to go. no good answers so far. all i got is osimocote, and fish heads. so far im leaning with fish heads. people have been guerilla growing for years, and this is all we have for guerilla growing nutrients? kinda disapointing.
Go to the search bar type in “soil”, you will find what you seek there:)

Ina

Ina

Compost,manure,guano,stones,shells,ashes and you can collect many,many more things.You dont even need them all:)So much things that you will never get to fish heads,blood and such:)Use dry amendments in the soil mix,powders,they will release enough fertz for the hole season and you will need only water.Slow releasing fertz like this Osmocote are unnesesary,even bad for the environment.Read more about MULCH,it helps a lot in guerilla gardening,keeps moisture longer and it also release food for the plants so check it out:)
About the qualities of the native soil-you should look at the other plants there,if they are cactuses or small weeds and it looks dry and sandy...than it probably is.:)There should be threes and bushes nearby or you have to think more about the watering and dig bigger holes with more mulch on top.The soil should not be compacted like clay,dig some and take a look at it,wet it a little,squeeze it in your hand,it better be dark and soft,more like in the woods,not like in the deserts:)I mean if you cant test it properly just take a look at it and take a look what is already growing there on the spot.
img_5143-jpg.810809

Last edited:
Ina

Ina

img_5150-jpg.810806
img_5288-jpg.821364
img_5494-jpg.835440
On the first pic some Ca(and other minerals also everything in the caves has more or less P in it,i didn't ruin the cave,just collected this next to the entry) fert from one cave....It is not the best guerilla ever but still nice enough with less efforts:)I was visiting about twice a month,only watered as much as I can....It is a little shady there. In the summer it helped me keep them wet and green(water is most important like people already said)but in the end when they are ripening shadow is not good.:/

H

Highkev

I make supersoil and till into the spot when planting put slug pellets and something to warm off rabbits and deer. Then stop back once or twice to top dress with sea bird and bat guano and weed it a bit so plants don’t get over run but not enuff for choppers to be able to tell.

Reactions: Ina
shaganja

shaganja

Compost,manure,guano,stones,shells,ashes and you can collect many,many more things.You dont even need them all:)So much things that you will never get to fish heads,blood and such:)Use dry amendments in the soil mix,powders,they will release enough fertz for the hole season and you will need only water.Slow releasing fertz like this Osmocote are unnesesary,even bad for the environment.Read more about MULCH,it helps a lot in guerilla gardening,keeps moisture longer and it also release food for the plants so check it out:)
About the qualities of the native soil-you should look at the other plants there,if they are cactuses or small weeds and it looks dry and sandy...than it probably is.:)There should be threes and bushes nearby or you have to think more about the watering and dig bigger holes with more mulch on top.The soil should not be compacted like clay,dig some and take a look at it,wet it a little,squeeze it in your hand,it better be dark and soft,more like in the woods,not like in the deserts:)I mean if you cant test it properly just take a look at it and take a look what is already growing there on the spot.
img_5143-jpg.810809
not really undersatning. so go out, and dig the hole and dry amendments in? what ones? how much? i use a composted supersoil indoors, and i will not make a soil with out any idea of what it will do. i am a detailed oriented person, and it seems very suspect to make a soil without any idea of the recipe? i have a fellow grower freind who is a vegetarian. he has been working on a non animal soil recipe for about 6 years. its still not done. soil and dry amendments. some of the plants from this project were terrible. some were great! too much unknown factors here.

shaganja

shaganja

I make supersoil and till into the spot when planting put slug pellets and something to warm off rabbits and deer. Then stop back once or twice to top dress with sea bird and bat guano and weed it a bit so plants don’t get over run but not enuff for choppers to be able to tell.
the seabird and bat for the flower?

shaganja

shaganja

I make supersoil and till into the spot when planting put slug pellets and something to warm off rabbits and deer. Then stop back once or twice to top dress with sea bird and bat guano and weed it a bit so plants don’t get over run but not enuff for choppers to be able to tell.[/QU
so you lug soil out? its too far for me! lol

BudBogart

BudBogart

Hello THC friends

My question is how can I tell if the dirt in my guerilla grow spot is good?

Can you stick your hand down in it? Does it remind you of the composted supersoil you use indoors? Are the weeds growing in the area healthy and robust? If yes, probably good soil for growing.
If you would have a hard time shoveling down several inches probably not.

Ina

Ina

i use a composted supersoil indoors, and i will not make a soil with out any idea of what it will do.
Yes,may be I should be more specific but I cant because i'm changing the mix every time,trying different things that i'm finding.....Check the basics of making soil mix:it has BASE(peat or something else that you are using,mix between peat and the native soil),FERTZ(they should be less in the mix,no more than 30% for example,you add what you add but the sume of it should be less than the base at least)-wormcastings,manure(cow,horse or whatever but it should be old),guano,some plant powders and many others can be used.And DRAINAGE(which is also providing microelements ,calcium and such or it could be just drainage-perlite for example)-vermiculite,stones,zeolites,sand,there is many options there-I add that by feeling and it depends on the conditions on your spot,lets say about 20,30% of the hole mix.You know indoors drainage is never too much:)Ingredients may vary.....You can also inoculate with different bacteria and leave it in the holes before you plant the plants.When you plant the seedlings you can inoculate their roots with Mycorrhiza….. Don't forget to check the mulch.If you want it vegan you just skip manure,bones,fish,guano and use something else instead.Wormcastings is always nice to,you cant overdo with it even if you add more:)
If you keep bags with your super soil you can use it outdoors to.First choose your place,than take a look at the native soil and conditions and then decide what mix to use.Black peat retains more moisture than the white,if it is dry there you can use more compost in the mix,it also retains moisture.....You should consider all things as much as possible and yes,in guerilla gardening there is much unknown factors unfortunately:)That's why I don't like it at all:)You have to consider pests,animals,watering…….
You may not get monster plants but guerilla growing is not about getting monster plants, it's about getting a harvest,
True,at least to harvest something in the end:)And the worst part-someone else can always harvest it and you cant do nothing:/

H

Highkev

I once w
yes I once wheel barrowed my plants dirt and all to a spot a mile down a creek dug 3 foot by 3 foot trenches loaded it up. Probably will never do that again unless I have a 4 wheeler this time. But it was all worth it cause it was my most successful gurrillo growing year I ever had.;)

Madbud

Madbud

Its been years (decades) but i chose an open field/meadow, peeled back the topsoil, dug the hole, put the plant and soil mix in then flipped that topsoil over so the grass side was down. As that grass decomposed it gave its nutrients back to the soil.

Madmax

Madmax

You will know when you have a good spot dude...plenty of decayed matter.soil smells real earthy ,dark in color.plenty of texture weeds thriving.soil is easy to dig,fluffy like ,holds moisture not compact.mine are always in forest where the eco system takes care of itself. ph is neutral.you dont see anyone watering or fertilising the forests..i cage mine or use electric fence to keep game away..havnt done it for years but will b setting up in future.make sure it aint skunk seeds or just the smell could bring you undone..

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom