How to tell if my soil is butt?

• Thread starter m80ryan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
m80ryan

m80ryan

These are my 6 girls 3 northern lights 3 amnesia haze. This is my first grow and I decide to go the cheaper faster soil option I bought a bag of Kelloggs premium plus added worm casting and perlite. The worm casting were concentrated towards the bottom thinking the roots would grow down into more nutrients and not burn as seedlings. The issues have been more apparent with the amnesia haze. I believe my soil is to thick because they droop and look like the want water. I watered 400 ml trying to keep what looked like at overwatering issues under control. After watering the plants the plants they appear more droopy. The northern light have this raised edge and one is starting to spiral the whole leave like an aircraft turning. Soil run off ph is 7.0 and ppm avg 500. They are in 3 gal plastic containers, Im considering transplanting into happy frog with added perlite. Any tips on soil or transplanting out of larger container? Do my plants look like they have root issues?

How to tell if my soil is butt
How to tell if my soil is butt 2
How to tell if my soil is butt 3
How to tell if my soil is butt 4
How to tell if my soil is butt 5
How to tell if my soil is butt 6
How to tell if my soil is butt 7
How to tell if my soil is butt 8
How to tell if my soil is butt 9
How to tell if my soil is butt 10
How to tell if my soil is butt 11
growsince79

growsince79

They are already in too big of container and you want to make them worse by putting them in a gigantic one? You need to have them in the correct size pot and water properly.

growsince79

growsince79

No. Just changing soil
Besides improper watering, whats wrong with the soil its in? I'd leave em where they are and feed as needed. Probably toss the last one, but the rest look ok.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

I have had a similar experience with my first grow. I added too many worm castings to my first mix. It was too dense, stayed wet too long and shruk once dried out. I was lucky that i started off small pots, so once they were ready for a bigger pot I adjusted the next soil mix appropriately. Changing the soil will be a stressful experience for your plants. On the other hand Its not certain that your soil content is the issue. Like stated above, plants are in too big containers. This can cause difficulties and problems with watering. They do look healthy for the most part.

what light are you using and the distance?
how old are plants?
What is your watering practice?

42% is too low humidity. Could also be a factor.

m80ryan

m80ryan

Besides improper watering, whats wrong with the soil its in? I'd leave em where they are and feed as needed. Probably toss the last one, but the rest look ok.
The issue is they are acting overwatered without being overwatered I've let the pot go bone dry till they begg for water I give a small amount just because how they act after watering they become more droopy then 2 or so days later once the soil begins to dry they return to normal. I think the soil is the issues because the plants have spot and look sick and im thinking the soil ph and viscosity is wrong. I think the roots are being suffocated in the soil, the yellowing and strange way they are twisting is a signal they have root issues. That could be ph or not properly draining. So might thought were maybe while they are still small switch them to a more appropriate medium or just full send with what I got and see what happens. Or my hypothesis is totally off but what else would cause the plants to act so strange.

m80ryan

m80ryan

I have had a similar experience with my first grow. I added too many worm castings to my first mix. It was too dense, stayed wet too long and shruk once dried out. I was lucky that i started off small pots, so once they were ready for a bigger pot I adjusted the next soil mix appropriately. Changing the soil will be a stressful experience for your plants. On the other hand Its not certain that your soil content is the issue. Like stated above, plants are in too big containers. This can cause difficulties and problems with watering. They do look healthy for the most part.

what light are you using and the distance?
how old are plants?
What is your watering practice?

42% is too low humidity. Could also be a factor.
I'm using a marshydro tsl2000w the light is 18 inches at around max to 75 percent depending on the temps. My plants are about mid way into week 3. I water each plant on how it looks once it becomes droopy I wait a day ish and water with 600ml of water I split one gal with 2ml of calmag. They are being watered roughly every 3 to 4 days. Like you said im not sure if the soil is even the issue but I do think it stay wet to long.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I reckon if u raise the humidity levels to around 75 it will help a lot 45 way to low for vegetive plants could be the reason?

Madbud

Madbud

Low humidity and a little nitrogen burn from the ewc, the roots are a solid 12 inches deep at this point. Ride it out. I would space watering out, saturate then let it dry til the container is light again.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Wots this Kellogs made up of? My guess is improper watering, its funny cuz over water and thirsty look almost the same at first. You ever get em to perk? At week three in three gal my plants will raise almost every leaf and the tops most ones almost touching. 400-600 ml? Thats like three syringes full. seems like too little for 3 gal pots. Try putting like say 1/2 gal on it and see how they react.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Seems like good practice to me. Having a fan blow over the soil can help dry it our quicker. But im not sure how much that will help the health of your plants. Like @Madbud said, probably best bet it ride it out. The roots are growing much quicker than the green seen above. Let the roots fill-in with patience, nothing to worry about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom