How to use CANNA CALMAG Agent

• Thread starter DEVGRU_420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DEVGRU_420

DEVGRU_420

About to start a run using CANNA COCO A&B. Is their CALMAG Agent necessary to use running just the base A&B with RO water? I noticed on the USA website it says to add the CALMAG Agent last after the A&B. But on their UK website it says to add it first. Does anyone know which is best?

From Canna's UK site:
- Shake well before us.
- Fill nutrient reservoir with water (20-22°C).
- Add 0.1-0.5 ml per litre CANNA CALMAG AGENT until you reach an EC of 0.4mS/cm. On top of this water you use the normal recommended nutrients and additives.

From Canna's USA site:
- Fill nutrient reservoir with water of room temperature (64-72 °F).
- Add nutrients and additives to be used such as CANNA COCO, CANNABOOST, RHIZOTONIC, CANNAZYM, and PK13/14, mixing between each addition. Adjust your EC as needed. Make pH adjustments as needed.
- Add 2 - 4 ml/gal (5 - 10 ml/10 liters) of CALMAG AGENT, depending on your water quality and target plant.
- Wait 24-48 hours to do additional pH adjustments, because the solution naturally drops and then rises in pH during this time. Keep in mind that a stable pH is also temperature dependent.

Reactions: PK1
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

If you are growing in coco then you will most likely need some sort of cal mag. I have not noticed a difference when changing the order of mixing cal mag unlike silica.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

just by way of practice, i always added calmag first. it's easiest that way so you can be sure the amount of EC increase the calmag introduced vs trying to distinguish its impact on the solution EC after everything else is added.
Do you use silica?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

sometimes, depends where i'm at in the cycle. i use a two part salt blend now that i don't have to use calmag at all since the two part has it in it. ran canna gear for about four years though.
What nutrients are you using now? I’m using mega crop but it’s the one part. I may try the 2 part when I use this stuff up.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

sometimes, depends where i'm at in the cycle. i use a two part salt blend now that i don't have to use calmag at all since the two part has it in it. ran canna gear for about four years though.
Never mind I found what your using lol

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Never mind I found what your using lol
i almost went with megacrop, or jacks. needed something the day i bought in though, and the hydro shop only had front row ag. have had zero complaints, aside from not being able to dial in the higher calcium LED needs without increasing N as well. otherwise, it's a bullet proof lineup. expensive though. well, expensive at the amount i went in at. paid around $400 for 50lbs of nutrients; 25lbs part A and 25lbs part B.

EDIT: mind you, it costs me roughly $5/run at my scale. the initial investment sucked ass, but if I had could do the math (I don't keep track of this shit) I'd say it's max $5/run in nutrients, maybe a little more. cost over time is stupid cheap.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

i almost went with megacrop, or jacks. needed something the day i bought in though, and the hydro shop only had front row ag. have had zero complaints, aside from not being able to dial in the higher calcium LED needs without increasing N as well. otherwise, it's a bullet proof lineup. expensive though. well, expensive at the amount i went in at. paid around $400 for 50lbs of nutrients; 25lbs part A and 25lbs part B.

EDIT: mind you, it costs me roughly $5/run at my scale. the initial investment sucked ass, but if I had could do the math (I don't keep track of this shit) I'd say it's max $5/run in nutrients, maybe a little more. cost over time is stupid cheap.
I am definitely a fan of dry nutrients after using mega crop. I am going through a similar issue as you with it. I have been adding cal mag because early on the seedlings were showing signs. I have been reading up on mega crop tho and I have the latest version of the mega crop. According to what I read tho I shouldn’t need any extra cal mag so I think I’ll back off it and see what happens. My plants are healthy but definitely on the dark side of green, a little over fed on N probably.

P

Puredank

About to start a run using CANNA COCO A&B. Is their CALMAG Agent necessary to use running just the base A&B with RO water? I noticed on the USA website it says to add the CALMAG Agent last after the A&B. But on their UK website it says to add it first. Does anyone know which is best?

From Canna's UK site:
- Shake well before us.
- Fill nutrient reservoir with water (20-22°C).
- Add 0.1-0.5 ml per litre CANNA CALMAG AGENT until you reach an EC of 0.4mS/cm. On top of this water you use the normal recommended nutrients and additives.

From Canna's USA site:
- Fill nutrient reservoir with water of room temperature (64-72 °F).
- Add nutrients and additives to be used such as CANNA COCO, CANNABOOST, RHIZOTONIC, CANNAZYM, and PK13/14, mixing between each addition. Adjust your EC as needed. Make pH adjustments as needed.
- Add 2 - 4 ml/gal (5 - 10 ml/10 liters) of CALMAG AGENT, depending on your water quality and target plant.
- Wait 24-48 hours to do additional pH adjustments, because the solution naturally drops and then rises in pH during this time. Keep in mind that a stable pH is also temperature dependent.
I use the whole canna line with canna coco base nutrients and all their additives including their canna calmag agent. I have soft water so I put in 1ml per litre after I have finished adding the nutrients to water I find in 8litres of water using 9ml of canna calmag agent will bring EC up to 0.4EC perfect for starting with their regular feeding schedule.

Top Bottom