How to use Merit 75 wp

• Thread starter budfriend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budfriend

budfriend

HI All

I have had bugs the the last three grows since spring. Tried everything and they keep coming back. They are not bad but im done with them so i got some Merit 75 MP.

I was going to treat my pre-veg room and mothers with it. The label is confusing so can any farmers recommend how much to use per gallon.

Thanks

budfriend

budfriend

thanks crippled1. i actually ended up doing just that in my pre-veg room. Knocked out the fungus nat problem i had for 3 runs that i got in the spring. I know this shit is toxic but i tried natural and people that say "oh thats so bad'...well they wont be chopped untill 16 weeks after i hit them with the merit and they were only 6 inches tall so i cant imagine there is any of that stuff left at the end.

peace

L

lil miss lone

Hey my friend, I recently had a root aphid problem, they looked like fungus gnats but the usual stuff for gnats didnt work. They were actually aphids that had sprouted wings to spread out. They do that when the infestation is too great. I too used Chemicals, nuked em all and got rid of em. I used Bayer Tree and Shrub (same chemical as Merit 75, Imidocloprid) in the veg spot. Chems are the Only way to get rid of em. In flower I do an every-three-days soil drench with Azatrol and SM-90, but I still have them. I did a thread on it with pics if you want to check it out:

There is something to be said for nuclear weapons...

sky high

sky high

not that it has anything to do with ganja.....but I figure there may be some other 'homeowners" here .....

I used the Bayer Product on cottonwoods/aspens/crabs last Summer to put the hammer down on an aphid problem that had been going on for years...but that had >really< escalated in Summer 2008. This summer....not a fuckin aphid to be seen.....and the trees never looked better!

info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imidacloprid

s h

Z

Zissou Intern

but so what should the recommended time to let it flush out??? how late can i nuke my shit? is there any way of flushing it out... for whatever reason?

L

lil miss lone

^as far as that goes, i don't know really... The bottle says it lasts for trees up to a year, but that doesn't mean it will be completely out of the plants system, just not working to kill aphids after a year.

You can use organic pesticides or biologicals all you want, but I wanted the problem gone. Bayer makes a fruit tree one, the imid is less concentrated but its still there, in plants intended for consumption, so that puts my mind at ease. But then again, I had nightmare about the aphids and definitely lost sleep over them, but that is just how my mind works.

budfriend

budfriend

If they are in flower you just got to ride it out. Don't use the chemicals. Try Azamax for flowering and sticky traps. Just try to keep it at bay untill the next round. I only use it in the preveg area and moms. On the merit 75 label it says it lasts 60 days. I cant speak for the other products. You can get it off ebay. One dose and worked like a charm.

W

waywardson

Hard core for gnats but if you have winged aphids it is the only thing that will eliminate them...those little bastards are like an army of flying monkeys.

S

skunkberry

Merit works great, but it should stay on lawn and turf. the half life is 21 days but is designed not to leach from the soil: intended to be an annual soil drench. Therefor it will remain in your stems up to 120 days.

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

And one more thing with using the merit that shit absolutely kills any and all beneficials you might have going for the whole round up until you get some new substrate so keep that in mind and it also whacks your yield and one more thing that shit is toxic as hell for alot longer than 21 days might as well smoke asphalt in my opinion! Just my 2 cents:meh:

S

skunkberry

"Merit provides outstanding soil residual control after it has been watered in.

The half life ofMeriton a turf covered soil is 21-33 days.
Merit degrades rapidly soon after application but slows over time and becomes strongly bound to the soil and his unlikely to leach.

Minute but sufficient amount of the active ingredient in Merit is expected to remain in the grass plant and provide approximately 90 to 110 days control"

info from:

so toxic it will even kill mites even though it is not approved for the pest. some real gross shit. not for cannabis unless you want to punish whom ever is smoking it.

zeke

zeke

Imidacloprid is bad juju! However knowing uses this stuff is short sighted, lazy and hopefully ignorant of what they are doing. Imidacloprid is synthetic nicotine. It is one of the contributing factors in the worldwide bee colony collapse disorder. Nice Bayer. It wasn't enough what they did in Nazi Germany, they still wanna fuck shit up. So if you plan on moving to mars and hand pollinating all your food then go for it! Fuck all the rest of the planet, you won't be bothered by bugs or read up on their life cycles and actually learn how to defeat them.

I had root aphids. I beat them. I used rosemary oil (SNS). Just gotta get your big plants harvested and yer little plants dunked. Repeat for three days and they are gone. Nothing else will work because the flyers will fly. I love honey and my neighbor keeps bees for a living. Anyone that knows this and still uses this product is an asshole. A particularly vicious and unthoughtful sort of douche.

killemsoftly

killemsoftly

zeke, you seem to know your stuff. the approach i currently use is organics. if that doesn't work: seeds. in 4 weeks u r up n running again. easier, safer and cheaper. yes u lose gentics, i know, i can hear the screaming already. bayer: proud creators of.......heroin. that's right.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Pretty hard core for fungus gnats,try gnatrol. JK
I was thinking the same thing, I use GO Gnats its cedar oil and kills the Fuckers Dead and is safe to use.

Go gnats 181x400

A non-toxic, poison-free alternative! Earth Juice goGnats is specially formulated for use against fungus gnats, midges, spider mites, thrips, aphids and many other garden pests. Can be applied as an area spray or added to fertilizers and used as a soil drench. For hydroponic gardens, it is recommended to add directly to reservoirs on a regular basis as part of a plant maintenance program.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:

Hydroponic Systems: Mix 1 to 1.5 oz. per 10 gallons of solution. Add to reservoir every 2 weeks at nutrient solution change.

Area Spray: Use 2.6 oz. per gallon of water. Spray directly on infested areas or apply as a barrier. Reapply every 2-weeks.

Garden Plants: Mix 1.7 oz. per gallon of water and spray over entire plant. Reapply every 2-weeks.

CAUTION: Do NOT spray plants when temperatures exceed 90° Fahrenheit, or in direct sunlight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom