How Was Your Year And What Are Your Dreams For Next Year???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

This year was big and full of struggles. I am happy to announce in the new year I will be workin with some partners on getting a commercial grow set up here in ak.

@kbellfoy you are in my thoughts good vibes.@Seamaiden I feel like you're the heart and soul around here, keep happy and healthy good vibes to you and yours.
@chickenman congrats on beating addiction you're the man.

Peace and love for all.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
This year was big and full of struggles. I am happy to announce in the new year I will be workin with some partners on getting a commercial grow set up here in ak.

@kbellfoy you are in my thoughts good vibes.@Seamaiden I feel like you're the heart and soul around here, keep happy and healthy good vibes to you and yours.

Peace and love for all.
Thanks, however I will never beat the addiction...
I have to remember it is way stronger than I will ever be so it's more like a sweet surrender...
Like a boxer who go's into ring and get's knocked out every time that's me. So just for today, just for this minute if tempted for a cold frosty quality beer that tastes so damn good I in my mind I must remember the commitment I made to self and this little 2 acres that when I first saw made me fall to my knees at the most beautiful place I have ever seen, the goose bumps, tears of joy finally finding some thing that is way more powerful than anything I have ever experienced before has become my higher power saved my life and I could have never in my wildest dreams dream that I would be where I am now...Soon it will be 15 years not a drop, lots thought I was a lost cause, go's to show anything is possible if you just let go and find your guiding light....

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Peace and love for all.

Thank you. Merry Xmas to you and your family ( if u celebrate that is. Not everyone does)

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

No time for past or future...
Let's PARTY

EDIT Sorry if this came off as insensitive to some, just trying to be in the moment.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The holidays are upon us once again. Another year come and gone.
Lot's of up's and downs for sure. Rode it out....
lost a lots of dear friends....
But over all what a great year...Still married, wife has not lost her mind, farm is doing well despite barely breaking even lot's of work for little if any profit, but we are paid for our labor in incredible nutrition and one cannot put a price on the lifestyle we have adopted..
So happy and blessed to have had no major heath issues for wife and I.
Lots of friends are struggling with this and that.
The whole world seems to be in turmoil. Will drive one crazy, bring on worry.
I just try to live day to day and be happy.
I am lucky to be alive and in remission from my drinking disease.
Sweet surrender, I will never beat it, so just surrender do not take the sip and life is beyond amazing....
I really believe for some reason I survived for a reason, maybe to help others who reach out, finding what was really in my heart it is my light and shining that light for others to see.
Looking forward to the big 60, will be in New Zealand on a dream get away we have dreamed about for many years, the wife and I..
2 more years and I will retire, cut way back on farm sales, enjoy time with wife, keep on farming, feasting and fishing...
Hope you all reflect on last years good and not so good times and have a wonderful New Year with lots of ups to make the downs tolerable..
Live it up You All!!! Life is a journey
Chickenman....
To answer honestly, at 60 I hope to grow up and be like you @chickenman. I love how you roll and would love to have the lifestyle you enjoy.I hope to be able to see you in person one day, give you a rtevocery hug and have a sesh or 2. :D

I am grateful for my recovery today as well. To @Seamaiden and others suffering from physical, mental or just lifes little roadblocks remember this quote. It has saved my mental bacon more than once. "This too Shall Pass" Another go to staple for me is the Serenity Prayer. Much love and good vibes to all.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Oddly...decided I needed to give up the liquor and go back to weed two days ago. Longtime stuggle, was super crazy for a long while, sorta got it under control over the past few years but it was slipping pretty hard. Not going down an abstinence route, my brain flips its shit at the thought of not being able to do something, but just going to not pick up that first one for a while, and if i do...hopefully i put it back down.

However!!!!! The return to weed after taking a break for a couple of weeks has been amazing and my goodness I forgot how beautiful life could be.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Ups and downs like every year. Been unemployed for over a year now, and I lost one of my dogs. Had russet mites, and it caused more work and effected yields. Been tough in some aspects.

On the other hand I have grown an appreciation for family, and the things in life that are most important. As a whole in 2015, I may have gone down in overall wealth, by my soul is healthier than it's been in a long time.

The coming year in 2016 is going to be a serious test for everybody on planet Earth. Here in America, we are experiencing civil unrest (black lives matter, Donald Trump ext), an impending monetary crash, and a serious possibility of more terrorist attacks. In times like these, family and faith are what I consider to be most important.

I wish everybody a happy New Year.

fractal

fractal

Shiiiiiiit. . . After 5 years of hell 2015 has by far been my worst year ever. I see a small hope on the horizon that I can see my home and what friends I have left after all this time, but everytime I think I am on the upswing and get some money saved, something happens that wipes out my savings. God is sure having fun ramming a stick up my ass, that fucker better run when I die because I'm coming straight at him/her/it/all with a broomstick and some handcuffs.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Shiiiiiiit. . . After 5 years of hell 2015 has by far been my worst year ever. I see a small hope on the horizon that I can see my home and what friends I have left after all this time, but everytime I think I am on the upswing and get some money saved, something happens that wipes out my savings. God is sure having fun ramming a stick up my ass, that fucker better run when I die because I'm coming straight at him/her/it/all with a broomstick and some handcuffs.

Lmao I hear you buddy. I had my winter stockpile and then my car blew up. Hope this heating fuel will last. I'll make it if it's not a harsh winter.

fractal

fractal

Why would anybody "like" my post, ArcticOrange I'm looking at you.

Life can be torture. I strive to be a moral person who helps others and am a very deep thinker, I read and am aware of the world we live in and how fucked it is.

I go to the mall to do some work as part of my job, I see girls everywhere with guys who look like total pussies, trend following hipster fags. I wonder how people meet. How do you talk to someone? They don't give a shit about the world around them. I guess when you care, the people who don't really stick out.

fractal

fractal

LOL arctic that fucker has a lot to answer for. OK, enough complaining on a holiday thread I just had a bad day yesterday. And they didn't tell me I'd be working outside tramping through the snow and it ruined an expensive pair of brand new shoes. And all the girls at the mall with douchebags. Fin.

dalai farma

dalai farma

It was another great year. I still have HOT and cold water. True, there were some bumps (legal), but nothing I couldn't plead down. Weed DUI which I should've taken to trial but the lawyer advised against it. Pleaded down to neg. driving which got me 40 hours community service. Fuck, there was a guy who went before I saw the judge and he was on his 5th DUI. The weird thing about it was I saw the guy drive away from the court when I was leaving. Fucked up a person with 4 dui's and a pending 5th can still be driving. So the community service worked out well too. I saw a news story that a food bank had it's van ripped off and couldn't pick up the food. I have a SUV so I called and it worked out. By the end of my hours, most of the employee's had" benefited" from my generosity. They were pretty psyched and it felt good helping them. To all of you out there with serious health issues, my prayers are with you for a healthy recovery. Too those living through financially hard times, hang tough. Something will work out. If I could send a check, I would. Right now I'm shut down completely. Can't wait to move and get back in the swing of things. Anyways, I sincerely hope everyone has safe and happy holidays and a GREAT 2016 !! Next year we're moving to Oregon and opening up a to-go deli named,"Good to GO". We'll keep you all updated and Farmers of course get a discount. I was thinking fro my punch card, Buy 10 cups of soup and receive a free clone. lol. 21 and older of course.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
It was another great year. I still have HOT and cold water. True, there were some bumps (legal), but nothing I couldn't plead down. Weed DUI which I should've taken to trial but the lawyer advised against it. Pleaded down to neg. driving which got me 40 hours community service. Fuck, there was a guy who went before I saw the judge and he was on his 5th DUI. The weird thing about it was I saw the guy drive away from the court when I was leaving. Fucked up a person with 4 dui's and a pending 5th can still be driving. So the community service worked out well too. I saw a news story that a food bank had it's van ripped off and couldn't pick up the food. I have a SUV so I called and it worked out. By the end of my hours, most of the employee's had" benefited" from my generosity. They were pretty psyched and it felt good helping them. To all of you out there with serious health issues, my prayers are with you for a healthy recovery. Too those living through financially hard times, hang tough. Something will work out. If I could send a check, I would. Right now I'm shut down completely. Can't wait to move and get back in the swing of things. Anyways, I sincerely hope everyone has safe and happy holidays and a GREAT 2016 !! Next year we're moving to Oregon and opening up a to-go deli named,"Good to GO". We'll keep you all updated and Farmers of course get a discount. I was thinking fro my punch card, Buy 10 cups of soup and receive a free clone. lol. 21 and older of course.
Did you take the blood test? My buddy got a weed dui and refused the test. But stupid cop said he was mentally impaired lol court date coming up

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
A good year, what makes a good year ? Being 68, when the New Year rolls around and I`m still vertical, it was a good year. And I can smile when we start a new year cause I`m still able to live my life as I please, well mostly anyway. I can grow enough to make it between crops, so life ain`t too bad. Peace and great growin` in the New Year.

dalai farma

dalai farma

Did you take the blood test? My buddy got a weed dui and refused the test. But stupid cop said he was mentally impaired lol court date coming up

Yes they did the blood test. Funny thing is that even though the results came back under the legal limit, they still wanted to prosecute for a dui. The limit in WA. is 5ng/liter and I came back at a 2. I'm glad to be moving soon. I've been driving and smoking for 30 years now so once in 30 years is a pretty good ratio. Another funny thing is in the old days, even if the car smelled like weed, you'd only get a possession and paraphernalia charge. Now that it's legal they slap on a DUI. I had read Progressive Insurance threw 3 million dollars to the 502 campaign here. Don't think it was because the good folks at Progressive are cool w/ smoking.

StickyBiz

StickyBiz

My big plan for 2016 is to keep life simple. It got way the hell out of hand and I had to pretty much hack everything off this past year and do a restart...I probably over hacked as shit looked kind of desperate for several months but I like what I got going now.

Top Bottom