How yellow is too yellow? Did I start flush too early?

• Thread starter HowSoDank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HowSoDank

HowSoDank

Hey this is my first year growing weed, and I've been trying to do all the research I can to have a successful grow. Everyone seems to recommend flushing they're soil grows about 2 weeks before harvest. I thought I was two weeks out so I stopped supplying nutes. Now I think they might need a week or two more since I see no amber trichomes and I think they're still clear-ish. I don't know if my plants are getting too yellow to quick. Should I hit them with more nutes and wait two more weeks or what do you guys think? Sorry in advanced for my poor photography skills.

How yellow is too yellow did i start flush too early
How yellow is too yellow did i start flush too early 2
How yellow is too yellow did i start flush too early 3
How yellow is too yellow did i start flush too early 4
How yellow is too yellow did i start flush too early 5
BudBogart

BudBogart

Am I good to hit them with nutes again or is the damage done already.
I would not add anything at this point. I let my plants yellow naturally as the plant depletes available nitrogen. You want depleted nitrogen by harvest. Spiking it now might make your buds try and reveg.
And alter the taste.

Madbud

Madbud

I don’t think nutes will help, the root system is finished feeding her. Buds and trichs will continue to mature, couple weeks to go.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm with the "start feeding it again" crowd; plus you have to check the trichomes on the bud not on the sugar leaves, they ripen way faster than the bud, good luck!

HowSoDank

HowSoDank

I ended up doing a half strength dose of nutes based off of GrowSince79's reply. I'll wait at least two weeks to harvest so should be flushed out again. Hope I didn't shock them from depriving them so early.

Saticoy

Saticoy

Hey this is my first year growing weed, and I've been trying to do all the research I can to have a successful grow. Everyone seems to recommend flushing they're soil grows about 2 weeks before harvest. I thought I was two weeks out so I stopped supplying nutes. Now I think they might need a week or two more since I see no amber trichomes and I think they're still clear-ish. I don't know if my plants are getting too yellow to quick. Should I hit them with more nutes and wait two more weeks or what do you guys think? Sorry in advanced for my poor photography skills.
I’ve heard of people starting to flush a month before harvest. I think you’ll be fine. But you added nutes already so it doesn’t matter now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom