How's my soil composition so far?

• Thread starter Fly_25
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fly_25

Fly_25

Hey everyone, I'm trying to find the best soil mix, how's my composition so far? I would love some feedback.
15% perlite
15% vermiculite
10% coco coir
15% worm castings
15% marine compost
30% 3 in 1 planting mix (50% organic black earth, 20% peat moss, 30% compost)

Everything is organic and was obtained from a local plant store. What composition do you grow in?

AKgrow

AKgrow

Do you plan on using any dry amendments? I personally run a mix of about 50-60% Promix HP, 30% coco, and 10-20% worm castings. Then I add a mix dry amendments (Dr Earth Flower Girl, bone meal, crab meal, azomite, langbeinite)

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find the best soil mix, how's my composition so far? I would love some feedback.
15% perlite
15% vermiculite
10% coco coir
15% worm castings
15% marine compost
30% 3 in 1 planting mix (50% organic black earth, 20% peat moss, 30% compost)

Everything is organic and was obtained from a local plant store. What composition do you grow in?
I use Promix or any other cheap peat based mixes....all that extra stuff is great if you know what you are doing but not needed for a new grower. Good light airy soil with about 30% perlite is all I use and have for 25+ years...I'm not a pro grower by any means I just hack along but I see a lot of people complicating things when they first start growing. In my 3 gallon pots I can get about 20 plants grown to full size using 1 bale of Promix / Sunshine mix /ABS Greenworld/ they cost me about $25 per bale. That and a good nute company ( I use general Hydroponics) to follow their regime is all I use

Fly_25

Fly_25

I plan on using Gaia green dry fertilizer throughout the growth. There's so much information about soil, it's hard to find what works best. Thanks for the info!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I plan on using Gaia green dry fertilizer throughout the growth. There's so much information about soil, it's hard to find what works best. Thanks for the info!
Ive been on this site for about 2.5 years and I don't think there are 2 people here that grow the exact same way...We all find what works for us getting a bit of info here and there...Some top growers here to get info from & most are willing to help. Start a diary to keep your stuff in and ask questions when you need to. GL

Latest posts

Top Bottom