Hows The Weather In Your Neck O The Woods?? And What Are You Doing Today???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kolah

oh yeah....seriously considering getting me one milking goat and a buck next Spring.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
oh yeah....seriously considering getting me one milking goat and a buck next Spring.
Best to get 2 dairy does, already pregnant, a buck can be a handful and is only really necessary for breeding...
Should have seen our boy when doe's were in heat, totally out of his mind. stinky, squirting his juices all over, chasing does around.
Now that they are all pregnant and not in heat he has calmed down. was going to sell him but he is a very calm buck and beautiful puts out incredible kids.when not driven crazy by his gal friends.
It is a must to have 2 goats as the do not do well alone..... also if your milking, might as well milk 2, keep everything very clean, filter and rapid chill down will produce the best milk you have ever had......

showmegreen

showmegreen

Its about teachin the kids how to give selflessly. The boys and I volunteer at the food pantry fer xmas dinner. They rock! They know wat its like to be homeless and without so they really dont seem to care about gittin things. But they love giving. Now around their birthdays..... No holds barred I tell ya.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Suns out this afternoon, chores done, hot bath, naptime.....Fully milked up and fed....

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Foggy trace of snow.
Met up with Natural therapy Friday. His back was better, made a comment on how I am lucky, my back seldom hurts. Next morning whamo,back went out. Just bent over, sttod up ouch.
Rested up after chores, no sick days, Ice right away is key, feel a little better, still got to deliver eggs, feed, wash, collect eggs, will take it slow..
Sorry to hear you back is troubling you, always a stark reminder to be mindful, but damn it sucks when just bending over to grab something can leave you on your back for a couple days. Roasting up a chicken tonight to enjoy with @motiv303 and our lovely wives. Thanks for all the goodies!! They are as delicious as you are generous!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry to hear you back is troubling you, always a stark reminder to be mindful, but damn it sucks when just bending over to grab something can leave you on your back for a couple days. Roasting up a chicken tonight to enjoy with @motiv303 and our lovely wives. Thanks for all the goodies!! They are as delicious as you are generous!
Only one day down feeling GREAT!!!
Enjoy the chicken report how it went please. Transplanted the girls The gorilla took off like crazy, both rooted up cup well.....

S

smoothbud

Too darn cold today even tho its sunny. Sun is so bright my eyes hurt with my back to it. 57 right now .. supposed to hit 61.

Natural

Natural

cold enough to snow. stayed home to lick wounds and clean clothes. looks a nice burger and go see the hobbit.
off to do treework in the am..fun fun ;)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
"I like the quiet out here.....I am alone, but not lonely. When you have plenty of interests, like the water and the woods, the birds and the fish, you don't get lonely
Courtesy of a Black Canyon Of The Gunnison site...

Thur

showmegreen

showmegreen

cold misting raining slick out.yucky on my way to work on a Sundayrather be at home tending my babies cuz they're going to make it I think yippee! funny how someone might
hurt your feelings when people you don't even know don't believe you but anyway.
have a blessed day all and may the forces of evil become confused on the way to grow

Last edited:
S

smoothbud

39 out but the sun came up a little while ago so it will warm up soon. Had to get up in the middle of the night to do a foliar made with boiled leaves from a tomato plant. Someone nearby must have picked cotton. Had some cotton aphids show up.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
28 out, overcast here in the banana belt...Got strong French pressed French roasted coffee and a real nice cherry Pie dube......
will be delivering 150 dozen eggs to retailers today big demand this time of year, new hens are putting out some real nice ovulations...

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

cold misting raining slick out.yucky on my way to work on a Sundayrather be at home tending my babies cuz they're going to make it I think yippee! funny how someone might View attachment 468697 hurt your feelings when people you don't even know don't believe you but anyway.
have a blessed day all and may the forces of evil become confused on the way to grow
those will make it mon! im sure of it!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Really nice we have our farm interns here for the day. We love these kids and are closer than family.
We will be smoking Joe Cockers killer bud that I helped him grow,, keeping busy in kitchen and rejoicing in the love we have found in each other and in the simple things in life, warmth from wood fire, good food and eating, 5 dogs, 10 cats, 560 chickens 25 goats, even though my heart is sad I will survive..
Emotionally I go back and forth, rejoice and tears....whoa Nellie what a ride....

showmegreen

showmegreen

Chilly day. Happy Day of Holidays to all ya farmers out there! WATCHIN GLORIOUS BEANS! Waitin for the pop Pop POP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom