How's this soil?

• Thread starter 25hewitt17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Magic dirt!!!
if it was magic they wouldnt be calling it dirt,dirt is dirt soil is what plants grow in,not sure about that product,but what you got is what you got,you will just have to feed more often,thing for sure is no time release crap inside,i cant really see what it made of,but all the envorement stuff it claims send red flag to me

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That seems more like a compost amendment like ancient forest or whatever its called.

Someone please correct me if im wrong but that would be used as 1/3 of a mix.

1/3 compost, 1/3 peat, 1/3 perlite.

The only ingredient listed on the bag is “aged forest products”.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest has that listed as one of its ingredients.

I think its like this product.

F39DBCB8 B4FB 40C0 9C2C 4EC8E714BF6F

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That seems more like a compost amendment like ancient forest or whatever its called.

View attachment 890744
"Aged Forest Products" but then it says manure and garbage too; so I don't know what it is for sure, but I know I'd hit it with perlite! LOL

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

View attachment 890744
there is that red flag again,hahaah all forest products,leads me to believe there a giant hole like the grand canyon some were hahahahe,i highly doubt this to be true,dont know just know these statements of product might not what they claim to be,might very well be good stuff but 100% no way only way is chemical induced and that would make it none organic and true stuff,im probally wrong,but my idea of forest humus is a lot of trees felled and rotted for at the least 10 yrs in extreme weather,takes a tree years to break down if you dig,same with ocean i never believed it,gave a try and bioligy does well in it ,so i use it but all natural claim is horse shit hahahahh,i dont realy know there harvest technics ,but maybe there taking saw dust and transforming it that way,dont know,most bag soil is fillers to get to the real stuff at a fraction of the cost,saw dust and peat moss would fall right in those lines.
for all that dont know same with cheap potting soil mixes,most of it is sand and peat,garden soil same other than a few dry meals same as fox stuff,but them 1 dollar bags sitting in front of wal mart is nothing but top soil and is mainly sand and clay,ive jar tested the texture to see for myself,no silt content in them at all,matter of fact i used it to bring up my soil texture to equal parts using it and my soil i amended,50x 50 garden is hard to fill with living on a rock,level too,why im rebuilding the whole garden from rain washing the shit on next door neighbors place and off his on down the line,from gate entrance to back of ground bed is 24 ft deep is 4ft drop,i have built roofing steel down sides and post every 4 ft run 2x8 all the way down and across making a retaining wall,i have only begun with making 20 yrds of soil to fill ,while i wait for strength to do it all im growing 3rd set of corn there about 1 1/2 ft tall since 1st of august,my guess is about another 40 yrds to bring bed level ya im looking for cheap dry meals and such hahahahah cheap

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Is this any better?
i wouldnt use it,just my opinion,if the shit burn sidewalk ,im a tough old bastard but i think it could whoop me hahahahh looks like a time release in there too,ton of urea,potash aint bad but with the urea they would collide from its number,id rather have higher number there and have less urea,you can add fish or just about any dry food to scratch that in,i would,give it a shot if thats all you got,if you have some good soil outdoors,cut 1/4 of that in there to calm its ass,you want fast growth ,but a green up,meaning get tall quick,makes it easier for the plant to tumble with weight and wind,outdoors would be rain also,so building up the p and k provide the strength and stanima if you dig,nitrogen can be added in feeds ,so if you use this pay close attention to you feed ppm ,until it levels out it will more likely burn your plants if you give them feed to strong

25hewitt17

25hewitt17

i wouldnt use it,just my opinion,if the shit burn sidewalk ,im a tough old bastard but i think it could whoop me hahahahh looks like a time release in there too,ton of urea,potash aint bad but with the urea they would collide from its number,id rather have higher number there and have less urea,you can add fish or just about any dry food to scratch that in,i would,give it a shot if thats all you got,if you have some good soil outdoors,cut 1/4 of that in there to calm its ass,you want fast growth ,but a green up,meaning get tall quick,makes it easier for the plant to tumble with weight and wind,outdoors would be rain also,so building up the p and k provide the strength and stanima if you dig,nitrogen can be added in feeds ,so if you use this pay close attention to you feed ppm ,until it levels out it will more likely burn your plants if you give them feed to strong
Thank you bro

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you bro
if you cut it with your soil outside, you can put like a pot of that soil a couple days before you mix the soil to kill any bugs or larvae,problem solved on that end,then mix your soil

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

It's indoor plants
thats ok soil is soil,mix 1/4 of soil fro your yard into the bagged soil you posted,just put the soil from your yard in the fridge or you can even bake it,wouldnt matter if you killed the bioligy your starting over ,that soil aint gonna see any bioligy until it been watered a few times,and the urea slow release over time,the ammonium will be a force to recon with too,so cook or frezze what your gonna use,say a 5 gal bucket full of medium you want to use,put 1/3 of bucket with the soil from yard the rest of bucket will be the soil you bought,dump after filled and mix it up and start growing some magic friend,you would be surprised what you stand on has better minerals than any bag soil a simple ph test and npk test will tell,the last place i lived grass wouldnt even grow from so many trees and canopy,but let one damn acorn fall from that tree and 2 weeks later there be a 2in tall oak tree,thousand of them hahah,i tested some ,hell that soil was better than any bag soil i ever used on my medicine i have always used ocean forest,this soil put ocean to the test and both came out the same in the end,but i never feed the soil from yard,ocean i had to feed right at 2 weeks in flower i veg one month flip there ass make start swanging them hips hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ur good people bro ... thanks for all that I'll try soil from outside I live in PA
if you plan on this week end about wed do the 1/3 rd of bucket of soil ,in the fridge until day before,bugs and or larvae will be done,best weed killer and bug killer money can buy,just got to convience mama that that pot of soil is dr feel goods home recipe,lmao baking it faster but be like cooking chitlens or cabbage in the house dammit boy

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Where ya from?
im cloes enough to the border of mexico i can get tacos for luch there and be back for work hahahah hot sum bitch these ways,with these extreme heats,it a waste of money to grow this time of year,medicine anyway ,about 2 more weeks be good for dropping beans,by end of sept it only get around 90 for highs

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Lmao u crazy........so u have nothing going at the moment?
pumpkins,corn ,cucumbers and a hydro watermelon plant,to hot for anything else,even having the best gear here is gonna cost you to keep a tent cool running at night do good to keep tent under 90 at times,i run forced wind,intake and exhaust,no ac or heat ,they get every thing that outside but with artifical lighting,tent in a utility room going outside,more of a feed room for my kids ,they hungry all the time hahahh,winter here only couple days frezzing past year,days stay around 60 nights around 40 ,lights onat night keep tent right around 75 just right during day room and tent stay around 60

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Very nice đź‘Ť...if u come to PA ya have. To stop by and chill
when i got back from over seas i had made my mind up,that i will die right in the hole i live,hahahah the best sound i heard was a baby with a ear infection on the plane to germany,i asked the mother if i could try to calm the girl,we listen to jams all the way back tot the states while mama slept,that when life changed for me and been a hermit every since hahaha crazy folk have to chill any way they can lmao,thanks for offer ,my oldest has been trying to get me to go to colorado on a week vacation in the mountains like we use too,i just cant deal with the way things have turned out in all my years hahahah just a old cuss thats pissed that when i have to take the nitro i lose my buzz,hahahah,sure hope you spread some that love from up there this year,i havent seen snow in years,like i said last year had 3 days in 20's and that was winter,i grew potato's brocille and cauliflour,onions and garlic right threw the frezze hahah,would really like some snow,trade you 2 months of triple digit weather for just a week of snow were i cant even get out the house,lmao

Latest posts

Top Bottom