Hps + Cmh

• Thread starter Balanque
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grimmstone

Grimmstone

Also heard that the nanolux 315 cmh was discontinued which makes me wonder if they are having issues with their cmh ballasts.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Heisen man. Tell me all the secrets of the universe. Like why do dudes have nips? Will we be the ones producing milk in the future? Seriously tho thanks for the advice bud. Can’t say I’ll quit my hps addiction but you definitely got me horned up for CMH. Might even build a led rig for veg

H

heisen

Heisen man. Tell me all the secrets of the universe. Like why do dudes have nips? Will we be the ones producing milk in the future? Seriously tho thanks for the advice bud. Can’t say I’ll quit my hps addiction but you definitely got me horned up for CMH. Might even build a led rig for veg
I'm just speaking from experience of what I have.you can grow under CFL if you want.Dont take what I say as gospel.I can only speak on what i have tried and this 1000cmh is bright.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

That it is. Haven’t seen the 1k yet but can only imagine

P

Pass2TheLeft

Couple questions for setting up a large grow.
Say I have a 15 x 15 foot area, would 8 1000w hps and a 1000w de cmh in the middle (5x5 each) be sufficient and allow for some overlap among them? Basically i want the cmh supplementing the HPS. Are my calculations appropriate as far as footprint goes? Would the lighting be excessive or inefficient for that area of space? Any suggestions?
I grow in that area and run 6 x luma9s led over 6 plants i used to run 6 x 1000w hps theres no comparison hps are highly over rated old and waste of power i get same yields for half the power and get better quaility if you got to do it cheap and run hps sell what u grow and invest it back you will be amazed at the results cmh or led rock there much better

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I grow in that area and run 6 x luma9s led over 6 plants i used to run 6 x 1000w hps theres no comparison hps are highly over rated old and waste of power i get same yields for half the power and get better quaility if you got to do it cheap and run hps sell what u grow and invest it back you will be amazed at the results cmh or led rock there much better

While all that is true, everyone keeps talking shit on hps but that s how they got their start lol. If a guy can afford that many cmhs or led rigs upon startup why not just retire

ChickenDicks

ChickenDicks

There are a few low freq. Square wave hps ballasts out there. Revolution micro Deva. Will they effectively run these nanolux bulbs?

Madmax

Madmax

This what your talking about ChickDicks..so you can get ballast seperate from a complete fixture?this is a de yeah.
Revolution Deva 3

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

How’s the 1k cmh working out heisenburger? I’ve heard you gotta have em way up above the canopy and do a big footprint. Alibaba just released a 500 watt unit. I wonder if two of those would be better than 1 k

Top Bottom