Hps component issues, Help if you can please

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JeffWix67

JeffWix67

It's the bulb...replace the bulb...what you hear is the igniter trying to fire a dead bulb.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It's the bulb...replace the bulb...what you hear is the igniter trying to fire a dead bulb.
No bulb is good it was the capacitor,,,,at least I think it was, I replaced it and everything is working at the minute.....If it goes out again I'll swap out bulbs but this one is a fresh Eye hortilux with only 2 months of use.....I get a year out of them and I've not seen lamps go on and off, when they go they are out for ever and don't come back on at full power. I've had the ballast starter / igniter go in the past and it gives me a low powered light with no heat. This time it kept coming back on at full power, I'll just have to wait and see....its always something.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey, I dismissed your reply because its a new ish lamp 2months....but I changed the capacitor and I got a hot bright light.....too hot & too bright....24 hrs later I swapped out the ingnitor and it seems to be working better now.... There must have been an issue with the starter from the beginning. Thanks for your suggestion, I hope its all fixed now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom