HTCC 2013 Amsterdam

• Thread starter Rixon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rixon

Anyone else going? Been to Amsterdam many,many times but somehow always managed to miss the cup. Not this year. Have my ticket, hotel booked. Looking forward to going to the expo and learning some new stuffs as well as meeting up with old and new friends.
Might even get the chance to indulge in some shopping while I'm there as well as say goodbye to some of my favourite coffee shops that are going to be closing at the end of the year.
A fun packed week. Where will I get the time to get high I wonder? Might happen along the way somehow.:D

Anyone else? I see the subject is conspicuous by its absence. Am I missing something? :oops:

soserthc1

soserthc1

Just the fact that its only Oct and I personally thing that if they don't want tourist in there coffee shops anymore than we and high times should oblige them and not go or have a cup there . Do they not like our money ? why else would we go to Dam if not to smoke pot.....shame on them .... with that being said its something I always wanted to attend but i tend to not go where i'm not wanted - so lets just attend the cups that are popping up all over the usa now ......

peace SoSerThc1

R

Rixon

Just the fact that its only Oct and I personally thing that if they don't want tourist in there coffee shops anymore than we and high times should oblige them and not go or have a cup there . Do they not like our money ? why else would we go to Dam if not to smoke pot.....shame on them .... with that being said its something I always wanted to attend but i tend to not go where i'm not wanted - so lets just attend the cups that are popping up all over the usa now ......

peace SoSerThc1

Are you under the impression that tourists are not welcome in the coffee shops of Amsterdam? If so it is mistaken. There is no wietpas in Amsterdam.
I pass through the town regularly (4 times this year so far) and all over the town it is just fine to smoke/purchase pot.
The only change is the closures due to the 1012 project http://www.iamexpat.nl/read-and-dis...sterdam-project-1012:-regeneration-regression

Also the 250 meter rule means some other closures. However there will still be 180 coffee shops open to everyone in Amsterdam. I've yet to go in a coffee shop that excludes tourists and I go all over the city. I've not got the feeling that I as a tourist I'm not wanted. All I get is anger about the right wingers trying to decimate the industry through sneaky back door legislation as described above.

However if I lived in the continent of America I might feel similarly to yourself about the cups as there are plenty to attend over that way without having to trek all the way over the Atlantic. However, if you do make the trek let me assure you that you are still most welcome in Amsterdam coffee shops.

ttystikk

ttystikk

peace SoSerThc1

Hear, hear! I'm living in a state that legalized it outright, and I feel no need to spend a bunch of tourist dollars to be told I'm second class for enjoying my cannabis.

Here's an idea; send your cancelled ticket stub to the mayor's office in Amsterdam- along with a note explaining that the grass is greener elsewhere...

soserthc1

soserthc1

Are you under the impression that tourists are not welcome in the coffee shops of Amsterdam? If so it is mistaken. There is no wietpas in Amsterdam.
I pass through the town regularly (4 times this year so far) and all over the town it is just fine to smoke/purchase pot.
The only change is the closures due to the 1012 project http://www.iamexpat.nl/read-and-discuss/expat-page/articles/amsterdam-project-1012:-regeneration-regression

Also the 250 meter rule means some other closures. However there will still be 180 coffee shops open to everyone in Amsterdam. I've yet to go in a coffee shop that excludes tourists and I go all over the city. I've not got the feeling that I as a tourist I'm not wanted. All I get is anger about the right wingers trying to decimate the industry through sneaky back door legislation as described above.

However if I lived in the continent of America I might feel similarly to yourself about the cups as there are plenty to attend over that way without having to trek all the way over the Atlantic. However, if you do make the trek let me assure you that you are still most welcome in Amsterdam coffee shops.

Appears as thou there legalization is the same as the two legal states here , except they have had the cannabis cup for 25-26 years bring in numerous american dollars and if its a grey area still - I would much rather spend my money in ttystikks state and support this country if not welcomed with open arms .... would hate to finally get to go to Amsterdam and get caught up in a bunch of bs which is appeared what happened last year ....jmho ... see ya on 4/20 tty .....

ttystikk

ttystikk

The Dutch are eminently practical people. They won't put up with right wing anti pot bullshit for very long, and when they get the laws changed, I'll be there, ready to spend my tourist dollars.

UNTIL THEN, the message they're sending is unmistakable and I've heard it loud and clear; my tourist dollars will be better appreciated elsewhere. Fair enough!

By the way, any Dutch pot tourists are welcome here, just drop me a line and please speak English, as my Dutch is poor. I will make certain it's a trip you'll never forget!

Top Bottom