Humic Acids...plz Help!

• Thread starter LucifDERRR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LucifDERRR

LucifDERRR

What up fellow farmers I just made the switch to organics a little while back so im fairly new to some things. I read and heard countless times before I made the switch that humic and fulvic acids make a good healthy root system but then I came across an article and few heads on there saying that humic acid kills your mykos if brewed in a tea if that is true what is the best way to use it? As a seperate feed? (I got kicked down some bio root, contains humic acids)

Thanks!

Tnelz

Tnelz

If you are looking for a humid acid product go with bioags ful-humix and if you want fulvic go with the same companies fullpower. Both amazing products neither kill anything in your microherd. Also you can mix fullpower into whatever you want and it's great as a foliar as well.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I use the Ancient Earth. Both acids in it. I use it for flushing and weekly in plain water. I wouldn't be without it. You can use humic acid to soak seeds in. Helps soften them. You can't add to a AACT or it wont brew fully if at all depending on dose.....but it won't kill bennies in soil....go figure! More new organic farmers seem to be using these products which I think is great. Iv never used it as a foliar...dunno why just haven't. If Tnelz says it makes a good foliar you know you got good solid advice imo.

LucifDERRR

LucifDERRR

Hell yeah. Thank you both I just wanted more info before I went ahead and used it. Ever used a low dose for seedlings or do you think I should wait a while?

@Tnelz @kbellfoy

Dabominable

Dabominable

^ I'm a whore for Bio Ag's cytoplus.
Hell yeah. Thank you both I just wanted more info before I went ahead and used it. Ever used a low dose for seedlings or do you think I should wait a while?

@Tnelz @kbellfoy
I'm using 5mil/gal mix in a spray bottle, And am misting with that instead of just water. It has a dosage for fresh cuttings, so i figured what the hell. I wouldn't use it directly feeding the seedlings.But you can soak the seeds in it. I wouldn't start trying to foliar with it until it was atleast 2+ weeks old, same with basic feeding. I foliar with ful-power. It also works great with certain things, because it chemically-reacts, making certain compounds (silica for instance) instantly readily available. I add it to all my teas, and i sometimes use it wth just water. I'm doing TLO so i go pretty hard with my waterings (nute wise). I definitely notice a difference in using it then when i wasn't.

sixstring

sixstring

humic helps with uptake in the root zone.fulvic helps with uptake at the plant cell level so within the plant.so as a general rule i use humic as a soil drench and fulvic as a foliar spray.but to be honest i dont really mess with fulvic anymore cause it was a pita to me.but i feed humic acid(fossilfuel)at least 1 x a week most times its every other watering unless im in a hurry

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't know if anyone's mentioned in this particular thread, but fulvic acid(s) are a component(s) of the suite of humic acids. It's a lot like estrogen--there *is* no one hormone called estrogen, it's a group of three hormones, IIRC. I can't recall how many other individual acids are found in 'humic acid,' only that it's a suite, all the product of organic, or living activity and fossilization.

LucifDERRR

LucifDERRR

I don't know if anyone's mentioned in this particular thread, but fulvic acid(s) are a component(s) of the suite of humic acids. It's a lot like estrogen--there *is* no one hormone called estrogen, it's a group of three hormones, IIRC. I can't recall how many other individual acids are found in 'humic acid,' only that it's a suite, all the product of organic, or living activity and fossilization.

Thank you miss sea maiden. We learn something new everyday! :greyalien:

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I definitely use as a soil conditioner and definitely use both in trace amounts in my seedling mix. Couldn't tell you if the foliar is safe for seedlings though.

chillywilly

chillywilly

When I use fulvic is foliar... I use during seedling, vegetative, and reveg @ 1 tsp (5ml) qt...1tsp (5ml) 5 gal soil drench...adds acidic quality to soil for ph flower activation, but only once!!!
When using Willard(xxx) water 2 oz to any reservoir or 1tsp qt foliar... one good thing about ww it neutralizes chlorines in water making more economic application of municipal water...
Peace...cw
Peace on herb, and good smoke to all men...

I

ipm247

Howdy. I'm new here, but finding your discussions very thought-provoking. Just briefly, I'm a crop adviser and consultant who works with fruit and vegetable growers. I have a strong interest in soil/plant health as a component of sustainable cropping, and I admire the amount of horticultural know-how among cannabis growers. I'll throw this out, about fulvic acid:

Dr. William Jackson, in his book "Organic Soil Conditioning" paraphrased the previous research of soil scientists in this way: fulvic acid helps optimize plant activity during the formation of reproductive organs by relieving oxygen deficiencies. Apparently they are unique among humic substances in this regard. Given fulvic acids are actively translocated from roots, adding them in soil drenches would appear to be an effective way of applying them to any sort of flowering plant.

His book can be found on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Humic-Fulvic-...498&sr=1-1&keywords=organic+soil+conditioning

Just my $0.02.

Ecompost

Ecompost

yes, anything secreted by a digester will technically be an organic acid of some form. However, Fulvic acid is distinctly different from Humic acid, albeit you are right to say humic is a bigger box with fulvic in it. Most all humic products contain a % of fulvic, as is the case with BioAG, BlackJack AdvancedN, Better Organix and so on. Fulvic has a lower molecular weight, carries more Oxygen, passes more fluidly through nozzles, works across pH ranges, most humic acids work at a higher pH range, are delivered as part of something, eg Potassium Humate and so have more chance of messing with bloom nutes or soil K levels if this isnt considered.
I use this to give me both, I also use other organic acids, eg monosilicic acid, salicylic acid and all sorts of other AAC proteins typical in bio organics

Ecompost

Ecompost

When I use fulvic is foliar... I use during seedling, vegetative, and reveg @ 1 tsp (5ml) qt...1tsp (5ml) 5 gal soil drench...adds acidic quality to soil for ph flower activation, but only once!!!
When using Willard(xxx) water 2 oz to any reservoir or 1tsp qt foliar... one good thing about ww it neutralizes chlorines in water making more economic application of municipal water...
Peace...cw
Peace on herb, and good smoke to all men...
hang on, are you saying Fulvic acid sorts out Cl2? This isnt right, anyone telling you this is not accurate. You should never mix organic acids like fulvic with Chlorine, this causes many problems

6.Why should I take fulvic acid or humic soaks with de-chlorinated water?

City water systems have actually removed the humic and fulvic acids from our water supply.The reason: when mixed with chlorine humic and fulvic can create carcinogenic THMs (Trihalomethane) and MX's (Unknown Mutagen). The culprit is not the humic and fulvic, but the chlorine which is not necessarily beneficial for us but kills unwanted bacteria and microbes. So, now we have to find a way to replace the humic and fulvic we used to get naturally. Please beware that MANY companies selling humic and fulvic products are unaware of this connection and use chlorinated water in their products. At BioAG we use filtered rainwater from the Oregon coast, 40 miles from our plant (For those with questions about radiation in rain water, our tanks were full at the time of the Fukishima melt down, and we did not replenish our water supply until December 2011. We continue to monitor the situation and also refer to the Oregon Health Authority monthly radiation tests. You can refer to those resources here.). For taking humic/fulvic internally we recommend using filtered water or juice made with filtered water. For external uses either use filtered water or purchase de-chlorination packets. You can find de-chlorination products on our website, health stores or sometimes pet supply stores. In some areas you can de-chlorinate water simply by letting it sit out for 24 hours.

chillywilly

chillywilly

hang on, are you saying Fulvic acid sorts out Cl2? This isnt right, anyone telling you this is not accurate. You should never mix organic acids like fulvic with Chlorine, this causes many problems

6.Why should I take fulvic acid or humic soaks with de-chlorinated water?

City water systems have actually removed the humic and fulvic acids from our water supply.The reason: when mixed with chlorine humic and fulvic can create carcinogenic THMs (Trihalomethane) and MX's (Unknown Mutagen). The culprit is not the humic and fulvic, but the chlorine which is not necessarily beneficial for us but kills unwanted bacteria and microbes. So, now we have to find a way to replace the humic and fulvic we used to get naturally. Please beware that MANY companies selling humic and fulvic products are unaware of this connection and use chlorinated water in their products. At BioAG we use filtered rainwater from the Oregon coast, 40 miles from our plant (For those with questions about radiation in rain water, our tanks were full at the time of the Fukishima melt down, and we did not replenish our water supply until December 2011. We continue to monitor the situation and also refer to the Oregon Health Authority monthly radiation tests. You can refer to those resources here.). For taking humic/fulvic internally we recommend using filtered water or juice made with filtered water. For external uses either use filtered water or purchase de-chlorination packets. You can find de-chlorination products on our website, health stores or sometimes pet supply stores. In some areas you can de-chlorinate water simply by letting it sit out for 24 hours.
No... I was speaking of that Willard's Catalyst altered water(XXX) is lignite and sodium meta silicate...it neutralizes chlorine...so that if fulvics are used will b more effective... true that fulvic and chlorine DO NOT MIX...
Peace...
cw

chillywilly

chillywilly

I would say also as well that fulvic should be used thru duration of veg/bloom...fulvic is very strong and high on the list for true orgo growing...
cw...

Top Bottom