Humic Acids...plz Help!

• Thread starter LucifDERRR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ecompost

Ecompost

No... I was speaking of that Willard's Catalyst altered water(XXX) is lignite and sodium meta silicate...it neutralizes chlorine...so that if fulvics are used will b more effective... true that fulvic and chlorine DO NOT MIX...
Peace...
cw
ok thanks brother, I was just checking having not heard of the CAS you mention. The silicate will work internally to balance pH sap levels and so help to better regulate osmotic pressure in cells. This greatly enhances the uptake of Ca in my experience.

thanks for the heads up on Willard. We use a monosilicic with fractal water, its a BAS selenium base. Really good about every 15 days or so. Increases BRIX by some margin too :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

I would say also as well that fulvic should be used thru duration of veg/bloom...fulvic is very strong and high on the list for true orgo growing...
cw...
I like the extra O2 it carries and the wider pH range, esp later as time and gravity might otherwise reduce air pores. I find its very helpful to use it to flush the pipes in my system too. We run full hydro organics, a fulvic cover mix in the tank really helps keep the system clean.
it works super well with Kelp too, each adding something to the other. A US uni did a study and rated the best ratio as 5 part fulvic/ humic to 2 parts kelp, as a foliar its awesome. Any AAC will work super well with these orgo acids too imo

chillywilly

chillywilly

I like foliar for veg, reveg, and clones... Will revert flowers to veg...do NOT spray flowers...
cw...

Ecompost

Ecompost

I like foliar for veg, reveg, and clones... Will revert flowers to veg...do NOT spray flowers...
cw...
never had that problem, I spray late, I use a Vit C really late too, eg right before harvest. What are you spraying?

chillywilly

chillywilly

Seen flowers reveg on my particular experience, pistils change rapidly which for me is an indication of change, co2-flower, o2 roots in flower...
cw...

chillywilly

chillywilly

Eww,
Selenium doesn't have a good following, hinders o2 @ certain levels, helps to buffer though, germanium enhances o2, I'm still r&d on op nutes, don't get me wrong, I've been doing this for 20 yrs,...I'm very close to the OP of...an arsenal of info of 30 yrs of trial and error... on the cutting edge of... normally, I have no probs with...just trying to better... top end only and economically... Universal...
& o...laminaria seaweed, kelp is OK but...
cw...

chillywilly

chillywilly

I'm an outdoorsman, but I had to get my shizznit in order for indoors...
Peace...
cw

Ecompost

Ecompost

Eww,
Selenium doesn't have a good following, hinders o2 @ certain levels, helps to buffer though, germanium enhances o2, I'm still r&d on op nutes, don't get me wrong, I've been doing this for 20 yrs,...I'm very close to the OP of...an arsenal of info of 30 yrs of trial and error... on the cutting edge of... normally, I have no probs with...just trying to better... top end only and economically... Universal...
& o...laminaria seaweed, kelp is OK but...
cw...
oh but thats not Silicon? We have a BAS which I dont see having those problems, but fair enough, I dont over use my nutes, so I guess this is why I dont see it. I also use lots of free O2 ranging microbes, may be thats it? Cool, so you are the go to man for nutrients :) i assume you mean nutrients for MJ or nutrient more generally? How is the global access to germanium opposed the ease of access to selenium which can be bacterial active to overcome the O2? Does it have resilience? Is it coming from existing Zinc mines, Silver mines or other? I think I prefer the ease of Silicon, surely the uptake in the semi conductor market suggests it might have a wider appeal tho? How is it around Halogens or Hydrogens? are you using it now, how have you made it plant available?

Ecompost

Ecompost

Seen flowers reveg on my particular experience, pistils change rapidly which for me is an indication of change, co2-flower, o2 roots in flower...
cw...
ok thats interesting. I will take a closer look. can you directly attribute it with repeated tests or was this a one time, all the time?

Ecompost

Ecompost

any concern with this?
Precautions for chemically reactive germanium compounds
Some of germanium's artificially-produced compounds are quite reactive and present an immediate hazard to human health on exposure. For example, germanium chloride and germane (GeH4) are a liquid and gas, respectively, that can be very irritating to the eyes, skin, lungs, and throat.[79

Ecompost

Ecompost

or this...
Inorganic germanium and medical aspects
Inorganic germanium and organic germanium are different chemical compounds of germanium and their properties are different.

Germanium is not thought to be essential to the health of plants or animals.[21] Germanium in the environment has little or no health impact. This is primarily because it usually occurs only as a trace element in ores and carbonaceous materials, and is used in very small quantities that are not likely to be ingested, in its various industrial and electronic applications.[24] For similar reasons, germanium in end-uses has little impact on the environment as a biohazard. Some reactive intermediate compounds of germanium are poisonous (see precautions, below).[76]

Germanium supplements, made from both organic and inorganic germanium, have been marketed as an alternative medicine capable of treating leukemia and lung cancer.[21] There is however no medical evidence of benefit, and instead some evidence that such supplements are actively harmful.[77]

Other germanium compounds have been administered by alternative medical practitioners as non-FDA-allowed injectable solutions. Soluble inorganic forms of germanium used at first, notably the citrate-lactate salt, led to a number of cases of renal dysfunction, hepatic steatosis and peripheral neuropathy in individuals using them on a chronic basis. Plasma and urine germanium concentrations in these individuals, several of whom died, were several orders of magnitude greater than endogenous levels. A more recent organic form, beta-carboxyethylgermanium sesquioxide (propagermanium), has not exhibited the same spectrum of toxic effects.[78]

U.S. Food and Drug Administration research has concluded that inorganic germanium, when used as a nutritional supplement, "presents potential human health hazard".[43]

Ecompost

Ecompost

where as my way seems safer no?
Biological role
Main article: Selenium in biology
NFPA 704
"fire diamond"

80px-NFPA_704.svg.png

Fire diamond for elemental selenium
Although it is toxic in large doses, selenium is an essential micronutrient for animals. In plants, it occurs as a bystander mineral, sometimes in toxic proportions in forage (some plants may accumulate selenium as a defense against being eaten by animals, but other plants such as locoweed require selenium, and their growth indicates the presence of selenium in soil).[4] See more on plant nutrition below.[clarification needed]

Selenium is a component of the unusual amino acids selenocysteine and selenomethionine. In humans, selenium is a trace element nutrient that functions as cofactor for reduction of antioxidant enzymes,[68] such as glutathione peroxidases[69] and certain forms of thioredoxin reductase found in animals and some plants (this enzyme occurs in all living organisms, but not all forms of it in plants require selenium).

The glutathione peroxidase family of enzymes (GSH-Px) catalyze certain reactions that remove reactive oxygen species such as hydrogen peroxide and organic hydroperoxides:

2 GSH + H2O2----GSH-Px → GSSG + 2 H2O
Selenium also plays a role in the functioning of the thyroid gland and in every cell that uses thyroid hormone, by participating as a cofactor for the three of the four known types of thyroid hormone deiodinases, which activate and then deactivate various thyroid hormones and their metabolites; the iodothyronine deiodinases are the subfamily of deiodinase enzymes that use selenium as the otherwise rare amino acid selenocysteine. (Only the deiodinase iodotyrosine deiodinase, which works on the last breakdown products of thyroid hormone, does not use selenium.)[70]

Selenium may inhibit Hashimoto's disease, in which the body's own thyroid cells are attacked as alien. A reduction of 21% on TPO antibodies was reported with the dietary intake of 0.2 mg of selenium.[71]

Increased dietary selenium intakes reduce the effects of mercury toxicity,[72][73][74] although this protective effect is only apparent at low to modest doses of mercury.[75] Evidence suggests that the molecular mechanisms of mercury toxicity includes the irreversible inhibition of selenoenzymes that are required to prevent and reverse oxidative damage in brain and endocrine tissues.[76][77]

chillywilly

chillywilly

ok thats interesting. I will take a closer look. can you directly attribute it with repeated tests or was this a one time, all the time?
Yes sir...I've seen for well over 10 years,pistils will rapidly change and go vegetative... When I reveg and some flowers at lower part of plant still in bloom will then start new vegetative growth...
cw...

Ecompost

Ecompost

Yes sir...I've seen for well over 10 years,pistils will rapidly change and go vegetative... When I reveg and some flowers at lower part of plant still in bloom will then start new vegetative growth...
cw...
ok cool thanks i will run some tests here to confirm. I dont run many nutes late on, perhaps i made it sound like i did? In my case, the work is done, but I add some little bits to get the last drops out of my girls. I am confident its a clean space :-)

chillywilly

chillywilly

oh but thats not Silicon? We have a BAS which I dont see having those problems, but fair enough, I dont over use my nutes, so I guess this is why I dont see it. I also use lots of free O2 ranging microbes, may be thats it? Cool, so you are the go to man for nutrients :) i assume you mean nutrients for MJ or nutrient more generally? How is the global access to germanium opposed the ease of access to selenium which can be bacterial active to overcome the O2? Does it have resilience? Is it coming from existing Zinc mines, Silver mines or other? I think I prefer the ease of Silicon, surely the uptake in the semi conductor market suggests it might have a wider appeal tho? How is it around Halogens or Hydrogens? are you using it now, how have you made it plant available?
Well, fulvics contain a wide spectrum of macros, micros, Amino's, electrolytes, and metabolic enzymes in balance... silica gives backbone to the mix... the seaweed gives more backbone containing more with vitamins, esp D3 for calcium conversion...and then of course we have humic as the base... ( meat, potato, desert)...we doing so far?...
cw...

Ecompost

Ecompost

Well, fulvics contain a wide spectrum of macros, micros, Amino's, electrolytes, and metabolic enzymes in balance... silica gives backbone to the mix... the seaweed gives more backbone containing more with vitamins, esp D3 for calcium conversion...and then of course we have humic as the base... ( meat, potato, desert)...we doing so far?...
cw...
well you dont use it all at once do you?

chillywilly

chillywilly

well you dont use it all at once do you?
no...as u stated earlier sir, that fulvic application every two wks, silica potentiates humic, I use at veg and at flip along with a calcium supplement, fulvic as a digestant helps with calcium breakdown, now the Willard's Catalyst altered water would further facilitate ...the company tells u to not put in glass as it will break it down!...almost like an enzyme...
cw...

chillywilly

chillywilly

ok cool thanks i will run some tests here to confirm. I dont run many nutes late on, perhaps i made it sound like i did? In my case, the work is done, but I add some little bits to get the last drops out of my girls. I am confident its a clean space :)
Kool...

chillywilly

chillywilly

or this...
Inorganic germanium and medical aspects
Inorganic germanium and organic germanium are different chemical compounds of germanium and their properties are different.

Germanium is not thought to be essential to the health of plants or animals.[21] Germanium in the environment has little or no health impact. This is primarily because it usually occurs only as a trace element in ores and carbonaceous materials, and is used in very small quantities that are not likely to be ingested, in its various industrial and electronic applications.[24] For similar reasons, germanium in end-uses has little impact on the environment as a biohazard. Some reactive intermediate compounds of germanium are poisonous (see precautions, below).[76]

Germanium supplements, made from both organic and inorganic germanium, have been marketed as an alternative medicine capable of treating leukemia and lung cancer.[21] There is however no medical evidence of benefit, and instead some evidence that such supplements are actively harmful.[77]

Other germanium compounds have been administered by alternative medical practitioners as non-FDA-allowed injectable solutions. Soluble inorganic forms of germanium used at first, notably the citrate-lactate salt, led to a number of cases of renal dysfunction, hepatic steatosis and peripheral neuropathy in individuals using them on a chronic basis. Plasma and urine germanium concentrations in these individuals, several of whom died, were several orders of magnitude greater than endogenous levels. A more recent organic form, beta-carboxyethylgermanium sesquioxide (propagermanium), has not exhibited the same spectrum of toxic effects.[78]

U.S. Food and Drug Administration research has concluded that inorganic germanium, when used as a nutritional supplement, "presents potential human health hazard".[43]
Ge 132...

Top Bottom