Humidifier in, or outside, of the tent?

• Thread starter Terpeneluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Howdy Farmers!

Sorry, if this question has been beaten to death, but I'm curious what you guys think. Other threads didn't have replies from the people who helped me out so much this year.

As I prepare for the indoor fall/winter run, I need to consider a humidifier. I have just a small 2 x 4 x 6 tent and I was wondering if I need a humidifier on the inside or the outside of the tent. The room is just a standard size bedroom (not sure of the exact dimensions).

It gets very dry where I am in the winter time and I think I might be okay in flower but veg I'm concerned about and I think it will be a problem. So, I'm planning ahead.

Also, would you guys recommend a cool mist, or warm? Conventional thinking says warm, but I'm sure there are advantages and disadvantages to either.

Thanks.

Lord Bonkey

Lord Bonkey

I just put a humidifier on my furnace and over water a bit

in a 2x4 id imagine the plants will keep the rh around 60

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Inside with an inkbird controller. Put some tape over the red letters though on the controller so there’s no red light shining into the tent when the lights are off. Unless you mount the controller outside the tent. My cords weren’t long enough so I just used some black out tape.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

In the winter my rh is 15%, i put a humidifier in my tent on low, all my plants spotted! Learn from my mistake! You want your rel hum between 40 to50 % max, get the humidifier as far away from your plants as possible you dont want mist blowin thru your fans on your grow! As far away as possible to get your humidity up to at least 40% , ill be fucked before i run ac in the winter.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I keep my humidifier outside of my 2x4 tent; there is no room inside my tent for it. The humidifier sits a few feet away from my intake fan. I use an evaporative humidifier, this way there are no large water droplets in the air, it just blows moistened air around the room which in turn is sucked into the tent.

R

robotname555

(opinion) i think a humidifier is over rated , but they are nice to have around for clones. i live in area's where there is low humility and really high temps
and even in Afghanistan you can still grow medicine in a dry climate

R

robotname555

but i would have a humidifier inside a tend at 75% humility

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

.. And I have. It's about 3 ft from the lower vent and I'm keeping a steady RH of 63% for the seedlings. From what I'm reading, it's a little low but that's all she's got.

Thanks for helping out y'all

Top Bottom