Humidifiers light can cause issues with plants in flower?

• Thread starter Dtraderbudz23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dtraderbudz23

I'm glad I caught this before i flipped to flower but I was looking into humidifiers and came across someone saying the light that turns on when their humidifier kicks on caused all there plants to herm. Is there any truth to this? My humidifier light is dull orange but could even a dull light cause some kind of problem? I have already duct taped a think piece of paper over it so the light won't shine through.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Better safe than sorry in my opinion. I had the same concern with my humidifier light. And i did exactly as was previously recommended. I taped over one light with electrical tape and even opened it up and took out an LED.

I dont know of the light would have hermed my plants, but it was well worth the effort it would have.

Mothman

Mothman

I'm glad I caught this before i flipped to flower but I was looking into humidifiers and came across someone saying the light that turns on when their humidifier kicks on caused all there plants to herm. Is there any truth to this? My humidifier light is dull orange but could even a dull light cause some kind of problem? I have already duct taped a think piece of paper over it so the light won't shine through.
I just watched a YouTube by Dr. Bruce. I think he said the general benchmark is this:
if you can read a large print book with dark-adjusted eyes in your grow space, you’ve got too much light.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I dont worry about green lights as the intensity needs to be higher but all others i cover with whatever is sticky and close by

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I dont worry about green lights as the intensity needs to be higher but all others i cover with whatever is sticky and close by
I cover any and all lights, I had a small blue led on my dehu that when I went into the room with lights out I could see all of my plants across an 8ft room.....I figured it was on for 3 nights when they were 2 weeks into flower and I ended up with a full crop of seeded plants. Everything gets taped but I fked up and left it off after a cleaning....

Top Bottom