Humidity, How much is too much and how can I raise it?

• Thread starter SantaLee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SantaLee

SantaLee

Morning, We are having a hard time getting our humidity up. Here are our specs.; 9'X24'x24' sealed room, 16 California Lightworks 550 solarsystem leds, 1, 10" intake and 10" exhaust fan running on setting 4. I have 72 plants with 2, 2 ton units for heating and A/C. Temp is about 80 degrees. My humidity is around 24%. I now am using some towels wicking water with fans blowing across just to help until I can figure this out. Has anyone used a hotplate with a water container for steam? Just needing help till I can afford a commercial humidifier like the Ideal Air Pro 150 tho We are open to suggestions! Thoughts please.

growsince79

growsince79

Morning, We are having a hard time getting our humidity up. Here are our specs.; 9'X24'x24' sealed room, 16 California Lightworks 550 solarsystem leds, 1, 10" intake and 10" exhaust fan running on setting 4. I have 72 plants with 2, 2 ton units for heating and A/C. Temp is about 80 degrees. My humidity is around 24%. I now am using some towels wicking water with fans blowing across just to help until I can figure this out. Has anyone used a hotplate with a water container for steam? Just needing help till I can afford a commercial humidifier like the Ideal Air Pro 150 tho We are open to suggestions! Thoughts please.
72 plants should make plenty of humidity. You just need to control the exhaust to keep some in. AC infinity work good.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

You can only get so much from the towel in water. For early stages of veg you will end up having to get that humidifier. There is also something called a swamp cooler you could look into. A humidifier will be better but a swamp cooler will provide air with 70-80% humidity and can be much cheaper than a industrial humidifier.

growsince79

growsince79

You can only get so much from the towel in water. For early stages of veg you will end up having to get that humidifier. There is also something called a swamp cooler you could look into. A humidifier will be better but a swamp cooler will provide air with 70-80% humidity and can be much cheaper than a industrial humidifier.
Swamp cooler is a excellent idea in this situation.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

72 plants, it's hard to believe you're having a low humidity problem.

How old are the plants?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Put your intake fan on a trimmer so it's off when your lights are off.

Run your exhaust using the humidity control portion with the ac infinity controller

Top Bottom