Humidity In My House Is Out Of Control

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

hey,

So I set up a humidifier in my 4x4. My humidity in the tent rarely jumps above 40%.

My exhaust is then blowing the hot humid air back into the room as I don’t vent it outside. It keeps hitting -30celcius here and there so cracking a window isn’t even close to an option.

I feel like my exhaust is just pulling all of the humidity out of the tent. Looking for suggestions. My plants are only two weeks old right now so they’re not putting off much humidity as it is. I’m hoping as they get bigger I will need the humidifier less

JaxiDoodlson

JaxiDoodlson

If your growing in a tent, exhausting the air the humidity and temp are only gonna be a few points off from the rest of the room. As your pulling the air in. Your room, the tents in you need to get to the desired range. Winters tuff. spring is right around the corner. Get a bigger humidifier if your concered and get the humidity up in the whole room.

K

Kot

You defiantly have a problem. Your RH now should like 70%. And if there is no outside air then there is no enough CO2.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i dont even worry about humidity in veg,flip to flower difrent critter,you will also need to keep cooler temps then,imo in veg the higher humidity the happier the plant,i run at 75 temp and humidity stay around 50 and 65%,then summer comes hahahah triple digits for 4 months,i got lucky and blew threw my last grow in the summer,tent stayed around 85 and humidity around 45%,forced air ,no ac,filter threw vent outside into tent back out threw filter ,fans wide open,damn tent be like a dried prune sides all sucked in drawing negative pressure,i controled the temp with fan controlers,outside vent and fan keep pretty low ,exhaust out the fan and filter wide open

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
hey,

So I set up a humidifier in my 4x4. My humidity in the tent rarely jumps above 40%.

My exhaust is then blowing the hot humid air back into the room as I don’t vent it outside. It keeps hitting -30celcius here and there so cracking a window isn’t even close to an option.

I feel like my exhaust is just pulling all of the humidity out of the tent. Looking for suggestions. My plants are only two weeks old right now so they’re not putting off much humidity as it is. I’m hoping as they get bigger I will need the humidifier less

This is a big issue with trying to grow in a tent, in a room. The problem is the temperature differential, humidity in a cool room cant hold as much moisture as the hot air in the tent, so the RH in the room is always higher. The best way to solve it is condition the air going into the tent to close to the same temp and RH. Try to get the temp in the room fairly close to the temp in the tent, and put the humidifier in the room near the air Intake, not in the tent.

But a couple issues, as mentioned you will need a source of fresh air from somewhere once in a while for Co2, and you might need to insulate any windows in the room otherwise you will get crazy condensation.

A third option is using less light, which will mean less heat, and higher RH in the tent. If you get the heat production low enough you can run a digital temp controller on the extraction fan, and that will really boost humidity in the tent, and lower it in the room.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

How big is your tent, AND re you using HPA/CMH which are heat generators

Sounds like you're late to the led party

Unless you NEED stealth, keep your tent flaps open and use a fan

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I would rather deal with the low RH than be concerned with the possible risks when running a humidifier (mold/mildews and minerals deposits). I am sure others disagree but if it were me, I would just put the humidifier away and forget about it.

TimeLine

TimeLine

IDK bud ^ I am really finding RH is super important in most strains never grown this deep into winter before myself

I think the humidifier is fine as long as a fan is used in conjunction
IMO those climate control devices are the best option moving forward once you figure out all the cause/affect issues of the grows micro climate and how it reacts to the greater climate of the building and how that building reacts to the outside temps

and crappy dirt crappy dirt really sucks insect infested crappy dirt is the worst

Dan789

Dan789

If you’ve got two tents going you can offset the timing so that you keep more even heat in the room, better yet if one’s veg, the other bloom. Other than that, you’ll need to add aux heat, what are your high/low temps inside the tent(s)? Agree that in veg RH should be a bit higher, but also agree with @Dirtbag that getting the temp differential under control in your growing area may be key. -30C, shit that’s getting chilly...

JaxiDoodlson

JaxiDoodlson

I keep my humidity between 40-60 old field stone basement some days my rh is 30, my plants are fine. my temp drop down to 55 some nights. I'd only be concered if it's 30 for weeks on end.

Top Bottom