Humidity Levels With CO2 Injection Room Pics Included/ My Introduction featuring Cat

• Thread starter Sunzan710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunzan710

Sunzan710

I’m running co2 at 1400 ppm so I run my temperatures at 85 degrees. My canopy temperature is -5 the room temperature. Per the VPD I should be at about 60+ % humidity. I have a 300 sq ft sealed room. I got an ideal air 75 pint humidifier which says it can do between 160-300 sq ft. I can’t get my humidity above 50% without raising my temps more then I want. My split ductless a/c also dehumidifies and I can’t shut that off so I think everytime the a/c kicks on it dehumidifies faster then I would like. Is 45-50% humidify average for you guys? Should I exchanged this 75 pint humidifier for there next size up 200 pint for its to late for me to exchange. For only $200 more it seems like a big jump. Would this be overkill and I humidity my room to much? I also have an ideal air 120 pint dehumidifier so If the room spikes to high I can bring it down but the dehu never runs because I’m usually to dry. I’m also new to this forum and I’ve been growing for 10+ years so I’ll attach some of my grow pics to introduce myself. Featuring the branch manager of the operation.

Humidity levels with co2 injection room pics included my introduction featuring cat
Humidity levels with co2 injection room pics included my introduction featuring cat 2
Humidity levels with co2 injection room pics included my introduction featuring cat 3
Humidity levels with co2 injection room pics included my introduction featuring cat 4
Humidity levels with co2 injection room pics included my introduction featuring cat 5
Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Drop your temps 5 to 8 degrees and your humidity will go up.
Try and keep it around high 70's for lights on and low 60's lights off.
CO2 does not mean you need to keep it hot.

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Everything I have read from multiple different websites and forums on here is that you want to run your room hotter with co2 and that you won’t benefit from your co2 as much if your running temps at at least 85 degrees. Between 85-95

I ran 75 for years in my room but only recently brought it up to 85 with the co2 and the plants do seem to like it more

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Per the VPD chart I should be at like 85 degrees and 60% humidity which seems to be the norm with co2 rooms from everywhere I’ve read on r/macrogrowery on reddit

Observationist

Observationist

Everything I have read from multiple different websites and forums on here is that you want to run your room hotter with co2 and that you won’t benefit from your co2 as much if your running temps at at least 85 degrees. Between 85-95

I ran 75 for years in my room but only recently brought it up to 85 with the co2 and the plants do seem to like it more
Same everything I’ve read indicates up to 95f up to 1500 co2 ppm

Observationist

Observationist

Welcome to the farm

love the grow

what kind of lights?

Is mold or Mildew not an issue at 60-70 RH

get the bigger humidifier won’t hurt, can it be dialed down?

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Welcome to the farm

love the grow

what kind of lights?

It would be hooked up to my master controller so it would essentially turn off at the humidity set point. My concern is if it humidifies to fast and I get big swings before the dehu kicks on and brings it back down.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

CO2 is a greenhouse gas. It holds heat in. You can reduce the temps slightly.
The difference in 80 and 85 is not going to affect it that much.

"Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a naturally occurring colorless and odorless gas. It has a boiling point of −70 °C (sublimes), vapor density of 1.53, and is slightly soluble in water."
~ https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/carbon-dioxide

The gas exchange happens at any temp warm enough for the plant to absorb the gas. As you can see, the CO2 is not the controlling factor, the plant is. What is the best temps for plants? you already know that. So, adjust your temps to 76 in the light. You can play around from 76 to 80 and see what happens.

This is a good read on Gas exchange between air and water which is the interface in the plant. The CO2 combines with the water and is transported to the leaves, stems....

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lowering the temp will make the RH go up since air holds less moisture at cooler temps. I agree I'd drop back to like 80-82F, and maybe even add a second humidifier. But 50-60 isn't bad you just need to tweak the calcium levels and nutrient load a bit to match the transpiration rate.

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Lowering the temp will make the RH go up since air holds less moisture at cooler temps. I agree I'd drop back to like 80-82F, and maybe even add a second humidifier. But 50-60 isn't bad you just need to tweak the calcium levels and nutrient load a bit to match the transpiration rate.
I noticed that I needed more calcium and magnesium going into flower since I did this. Is that because of this? I sprayed with epsom salt and everything normal again. I always put extra crab meal at
bottom of my pots when I transplant flower to. Thanks guys I think I will bring my temps down to more like 82. I did just put another sensor in my grow room
And it shows my humidity at 65% when my master controllers says 45%. Big difference I think I need to recalibrate my sensor on my controller? Do you have any good advice for this?

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Sho
Should I be adding more calcium then?

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Welcome to the farm

love the grow

what kind of lights?

I usually don’t have issues with mold and mildew? I crank the humidity down 10 % half way through flower. But usually do things to prevent it. I have really good airflow in my room. I don’t cram my plants together. I defoil really heavy on day 1 and 20 and throughout veg I spray regalia as my IPM for mildews

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Depends. What are you growing in?
I used to run coco and do drain to waste for years and loved it and coco ran calcium deficient usually so I would water cal/mag almost every time. But I started learning living soil a few years ago and I’m mostly just don’t teas. It’s slower growth and less yield but the end product looks and taste so good and the terps are on point. But i usually add lots of crab meal going into flower. This was the first time I noticed the beginning of a magnesium deficiency so I sprayed with epsom salt. But this is also the first time I’ve pushed this much ppfd on my canopy I usually have my lights higher and i cranek co2 up to 1500 from 1200 and brought temps from 75 up to 85 but i think I’m gonna run at 82 now.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Should I be adding more calcium then?
I used to run coco and do drain to waste for years and loved it and coco ran calcium deficient usually so I would water cal/mag almost every time. But I started learning living soil a few years ago and I’m mostly just don’t teas. It’s slower growth and less yield but the end product looks and taste so good and the terps are on point. But i usually add lots of crab meal going into flower. This was the first time I noticed the beginning of a magnesium deficiency so I sprayed with epsom salt. But this is also the first time I’ve pushed this much ppfd on my canopy I usually have my lights higher and i cranek co2 up to 1500 from 1200 and brought temps from 75 up to 85 but i think I’m gonna run at 82 now.
In living soil, that is a pH issue, not cal-mag.
How much lime in your soil?

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

O
CO2 is a greenhouse gas. It holds heat in. You can reduce the temps slightly.
The difference in 80 and 85 is not going to affect it that much.

"Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a naturally occurring colorless and odorless gas. It has a boiling point of −70 °C (sublimes), vapor density of 1.53, and is slightly soluble in water."
~ https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/carbon-dioxide

The gas exchange happens at any temp warm enough for the plant to absorb the gas. As you can see, the CO2 is not the controlling factor, the plant is. What is the best temps for plants? you already know that. So, adjust your temps to 76 in the light. You can play around from 76 to 80 and see what happens.

This is a good read on Gas exchange between air and water which is the interface in the plant. The CO2 combines with the water and is transported to the leaves, stems....
ya I’m usually right around 75 in my room. This is the first time I’m running hotter because all the stuff I read but im being convince to your said and will probably keep my room under 80. My girlfriends been bitching at me saying the plants don’t like it hotter to

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

I’m sorry I shouldn’t say living soil. I don’t do no till and all that. I replace my soil everytime. I just use fox farm ocean forrest or strawberry fields if I can get it and mix crab meal when i transplant to flower. I used to use biobizz whole line up now I’ve simplified down to a one part nutrient flora nova that has all the micronutrient with the macros but I give them a little bit of earth juice micro blast for that anyways that’s really cheap. I use microbes and feed powdered molasses sometimes and here and then I’ll brew some teas. I PH my water everytime but I need to get a better soil PH tester and check the PH of the soil. Sometimes I’ll top dress more soil in late flower but havnt done that yet. I’ll attach 2 photos. First one is my Royal Chem #9 and the second one is the Ice Cream Cake. The icc isn’t showing mag def but the RC#9’s look like they have the early stages of it.
01B27366 6DA0 4EF1 B1FA E17D4862AF10
274BC180 D2AB 4E48 BE7B 34C385C1BDD9

Top Bottom