Humidity problems HELP PLEASE

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deforced

Deforced

Hi all hope your well, I currently have a humidity problem and I can see its stressing my plants from looking at the leaves. It's currently at 55% but can rise to 60% I'm two weeks into flower and it just really seems to be bothering them. I've bought a dehumidifier but that hasn't helped one little bit, it bought it down about 1-2% thats it also collecting 10litre a day. I've got my intake and extraction up and running I've got more than a big enough extraction for my tent and a small intake. 2 - 16inch oscillating fans each side of the tent, I even added a floor fan too for under the canopy but it just doesn't seem to bring it down. I've also defoliated to try and reduce the leaf mass but no luck!Now I've just checked the weather and it actually says that the outside is 70%humidity. The last option would be to close the window but it's a nightmare to get at because the tent it kinda blocking that. Is there any suggestions please. Thankyou

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hi all hope your well, I currently have a humidity problem and I can see its stressing my plants from looking at the leaves. It's currently at 55% but can rise to 60% I'm two weeks into flower and it just really seems to be bothering them. I've bought a dehumidifier but that hasn't helped one little bit, it bought it down about 1-2% thats it also collecting 10litre a day. I've got my intake and extraction up and running I've got more than a big enough extraction for my tent and a small intake. 2 - 16inch oscillating fans each side of the tent, I even added a floor fan too for under the canopy but it just doesn't seem to bring it down. I've also defoliated to try and reduce the leaf mass but no luck!Now I've just checked the weather and it actually says that the outside is 70%humidity. The last option would be to close the window but it's a nightmare to get at because the tent it kinda blocking that. Is there any suggestions please. Thankyou
If I were to guess by what you wrote, I would say your grow is in a basement and you've had a ton of rain lately ... like almost daily for the past 3 weeks? I'm fighting that battle right now.

I have one of my 5 x 5 tents in flower right now. (the other is currently empty) I have an 8" exhaust fan and carbon filter system. I have had to fight 70% humidity in my tent lately when lights come on. My setup is in my basement. I have a dehumidifier running in the room where my tents are at. And fortunately for me, my basement is cooled by the central air system of my house. It's taking all of that running right now to control the humidity. It always spikes following a watering. I use a shop vac to clean up any water that I might have spilled inside my tent. I also use a 4lb "DampRid" container to help absorb excess humidity. You'll want to keep everything as dry as you can. I also use a 4lb "Damprid" container to help absorb excess humidity inside the tent. That seems helpful especially during lights out.

Plants
Humidity reading
Dehumidifier

This has worked for me.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I don't think those levels of humidity would cause any problems in early flower... can you explain and/or post pics of the 'stressed leaves'...
I frequently run with humidity in that range after a watering. 50-60 isn't a problem during veg/early flower. However, if it's in that range with lights on, the RH could easily rise into 70+ territory when lights go off and temperature drops. That's not good for maturing flowers.

Deforced

Deforced

I don't think those levels of humidity would cause any problems in early flower... can you explain and/or post pics of the 'stressed leaves'...
I did have my humidity on point but since it's risen the sides of the leaves seem to have crinkled up a little, I know high temps can cause that but I haven't had any high temps so it's gotta be humidity related surely. When I searched up on Google "high humidity symptoms" it actually cane up with the exact photo of what my plants are showing. But do you think I can get away with that range of humidity until I invest in a bigger dehumidifier? Thanks

Deforced

Deforced

I frequently run with humidity in that range after a watering. 50-60 isn't a problem during veg/early flower. However, if it's in that range with lights on, the RH could easily rise into 70+ territory when lights go off and temperature drops. That's not good for maturing flowers.
Thanks for your reply. I think I might invest in a bigger dehumidifier maybe that will help bring the humidity down. I've only got a small budget hence the reason going for a little dehumidifier but it doesn't seem capable unfortunately.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I did have my humidity on point but since it's risen the sides of the leaves seem to have crinkled up a little, I know high temps can cause that but I haven't had any high temps so it's gotta be humidity related surely. When I searched up on Google "high humidity symptoms" it actually cane up with the exact photo of what my plants are showing. But do you think I can get away with that range of humidity until I invest in a bigger dehumidifier? Thanks
I'm not sure you need a bigger dehumidifier ...
You have an open window? (That’s like trying to dehumidify Earth.)
I didn't catch that part on first read. As much as you don't want to go through the hassle, shutting the window will likely solve your issue.

High humidity will cause tons of issues because your plants can't transpire.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Do people not have an intake drawing cool air in a growroom? What would you suggest? Closing the window?
Unless you have far more plants than I would want to take care of, the room's ambient air should be plenty fresh enough. I would use outside air if I had a cooling issue inside my tent AND the outside air was cooler than the ambient air of my basement. Otherwise, I would leave my windows closed if it were my grow.

Deforced

Deforced

So
Try I forgot to mention, it's in my bedroom and the only
I'm not sure you need a bigger dehumidifier ...

I didn't catch that part on first read. As much as you don't want to go through the hassle, shutting the window will likely solve your issue.

High humidity will cause tons of issues because your plants can't transpire.
No problem, I'll have to try and get to the window to shut it, before I invest in a bigger dehumidifier. It does make sense considering the humidity is 70 outside right now and 52 in the groom, so I'm assuming I'm fighting a loosing battle drawing higher humidity in if that's how it works?

Deforced

Deforced

Unless you have far more plants than I would want to take care of, the room's ambient air should be plenty fresh enough. I would use outside air if I had a cooling issue inside my tent AND the outside air was cooler than the ambient air of my basement. Otherwise, I would leave my windows closed if it were my grow.
I'll go for that idea, i suppose it would do me a favor closing the window as the humming from the fan is loud!!!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So

Try I forgot to mention, it's in my bedroom and the only

No problem, I'll have to try and get to the window to shut it, before I invest in a bigger dehumidifier. It does make sense considering the humidity is 70 outside right now and 52 in the groom, so I'm assuming I'm fighting a loosing battle drawing higher humidity in if that's how it works?
Correct

mancorn

mancorn

Most definitely you have to close the window. The dehumidifier only works in a sealed environment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom