Humidity/Temp in tent issues

• Thread starter Electrolights
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Electrolights

Electrolights

Okay so my autos recently have swapped to flower and I’m trying find a way to keep the humidity down, I put a dehumidifier in , problem is they let out hot air and on top of that, I mean the light is practically heating over a reservoir so the humidity isn’t simply going to stop, I’m able to get humidity down to 45% but it brings tent up to 80F even with lights off my LED only increases to 83-85F trying to keep humidity level low while being able to have temperature drop for them sleeping. Any suggestions as to what I could do for a solution?

Electrolights

Electrolights

Thinking possibly putting in a window ac unit would be my best bet

Electrolights

Electrolights

Wondering if the black garbage bag covering the top of the res(did it to make sure of no light leaks through the top) is raising the temp

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Wondering if the black garbage bag covering the top of the res(did it to make sure of no light leaks through the top) is raising the temp
I've made cardboard ducts taped to the dehu and vented through a port. The size you of your unit's exhaust port will determine what you can use as a duct. a sm round port you can use reg ducting but my rectangular port I cut and duct taped a 4"x 8"x 2' cardboard duct.

Electrolights

Electrolights

I've made cardboard ducts taped to the dehu and vented through a port. The size you of your unit's exhaust port will determine what you can use as a duct. a sm round port you can use reg ducting but my rectangular port I cut and duct taped a 4"x 8"x 2' cardboard duct.
meaning you vent out the air exchange where the dehumidifier pushes air out? i was under the assumption you couldnt do that because that is the dry air being put back into the environment

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
meaning you vent out the air exchange where the dehumidifier pushes air out? i was under the assumption you couldnt do that because that is the dry air being put back into the environment
Its just hot air, I move it away from my tent.......I also have a 12' x 12' x 9' room I separate with black out curtains, When I need to I vent the air off the dehu to the opposite side of the curtains. the same way If my room gets over 83f I open it all up and make sure there's no lights on anywhere else after lights out.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Okay so my autos recently have swapped to flower and I’m trying find a way to keep the humidity down, I put a dehumidifier in , problem is they let out hot air and on top of that, I mean the light is practically heating over a reservoir so the humidity isn’t simply going to stop, I’m able to get humidity down to 45% but it brings tent up to 80F even with lights off my LED only increases to 83-85F trying to keep humidity level low while being able to have temperature drop for them sleeping. Any suggestions as to what I could do for a solution?
In my tent I just ended up putting in a 6 inch input duct fan running 24x7. I had it dump in at the bottom.of the tent. I also have an AC Infinity 6 inch fan on a temp and humidity controller. Between the two, temp and humidity are well controlled. This was a 4x4 tent.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I use a middle booster and heavy duty intake and exhaust fans. My tents blow up like balloons but i have no issues heating or cooling them. My humidity stays around 50% during veg and flower. . basically whatever it is outside. Id say up your air exchange before spending on the window unit. I mean if its only one 4x4 i wouldnt think you would need a window unit.

Also get an Ir gun and focus on leaf temps. As they get taller I need to cool my room more or up my fan speed. But anyways. . i run 2000w of hids and cool them easily. . so im sure you can overcome this.

Electrolights

Electrolights

Its just hot air, I move it away from my tent.......I also have a 12' x 12' x 9' room I separate with black out curtains, When I need to I vent the air off the dehu to the opposite side of the curtains. the same way If my room gets over 83f I open it all up and make sure there's no lights on anywhere else after lights out.
9745620A 6839 4F6B BCA1 09777B677F44

Good looks man

62B9C710 FEB8 4F41 98FF 40F38A4C1F2E
Electrolights

Electrolights

I use a middle booster and heavy duty intake and exhaust fans. My tents blow up like balloons but i have no issues heating or cooling them. My humidity stays around 50% during veg and flower. . basically whatever it is outside. Id say up your air exchange before spending on the window unit. I mean if its only one 4x4 i wouldnt think you would need a window unit.

Also get an Ir gun and focus on leaf temps. As they get taller I need to cool my room more or up my fan speed. But anyways. . i run 2000w of hids and cool them easily. . so im sure you can overcome this.
HIDS look nicer on flowering then the full spectrum LEDs I’ll definitely try it out when I have space to control the heat

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I have a window ac unit in the room the tent is in and a dehumidifier outside my tent. I had high humidity issues but found I didn't have enough intake vents open. The air outside my tent was cool and dry but I wasn't getting into the tent quickly enough. I thought about putting a mini dehumidifier in the tent but was worried about all the warm air like you said.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

HIDS look nicer on flowering then the full spectrum LEDs I’ll definitely try it out when I have space to control the heat
If your having difficulty controlling temps with leds, hids will be impossible for you. Also if someone uses the correct leds for the spacing their buds should look better than mine. Mine are just more of a cheaper cost upfront. In my eyes most who use led, dont have enough.
Every time I tell someone to find me a led that will yeild just as much as my hps, the wattage is practically the same.

Electrolights

Electrolights

@Cashmeh yeah i know, currently stuck with only room for the 2x4 right now, lookin for a new house in this market, want a basement or a spot to build a decent sized shed, im an electrician so getting power out to anything is a no brainer. ive had issues with my LEDs, finding this auto white widow is sensitive to it. Your setup is nice though, you supercrop and mainline those things?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

@Cashmeh yeah i know, currently stuck with only room for the 2x4 right now, lookin for a new house in this market, want a basement or a spot to build a decent sized shed, im an electrician so getting power out to anything is a no brainer. ive had issues with my LEDs, finding this auto white widow is sensitive to it. Your setup is nice though, you supercrop and mainline those things?
go shed, and ask these guys around here way more details about what to know before u build it. Dont wanna fight humidity issues in a basement.

so I top early, like 2 or 3rd node, and I wont supercrop when 4 are in a 4x4, but will when 1 is in a 4x4. Im trying to avoid supercropping honestly. I feel the net holds them down away from the light. I more less do it to get an even canopy. That scrog will come out once I see buds and I will defoliate all the lower growth. Im hopefull at least.

Top Bottom