humidity too high

• Thread starter killahco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

killahco

please, i cant seem 2 shift the humidity much below 71. Im in a tent, in fan out fan. I tried shutting window to allow air from inside house, got worse. Is there a fail safe routine? Will another out fan do the trick, or a more powerfull fan?ps. Im flowering. Nuff respect 2 anyone with helpful suggestions

U

ukcheesehead

please, i cant seem 2 shift the humidity much below 71. Im in a tent, in fan out fan. I tried shutting window to allow air from inside house, got worse. Is there a fail safe routine? Will another out fan do the trick, or a more powerfull fan?ps. Im flowering. Nuff respect 2 anyone with helpful suggestions

what size tent and what fans in n out are you useing?

S

Stackin Paper

I leave the front zip undone during lights off if thats any help and leave the front open during lights on, my window is boxed in if thats of any use to you.

U

ukcheesehead

i have the same problem too stackin , when lights are on my rh is 60ish but im only useing 1 fan ( out) useing the budbox flappers for my air intakes . thats why i think my foxtails are late cumming. because my room isnt 100% like my small room was ....

S

Stackin Paper

I don't even measure it m8, i know for a fact you can't run 1200w in a 1.4m2 tent without having that front open, i got a turbo 600w and still it gets hot when it don't get opened.
Now i have to close the window in the room cos it proper pen & inks out the front of my gaff now and its gettin well on top. A lil heat exposure shouldn't do them any harm for 7 days, with any luck it will stress them the fuck out and they spew out loadsa resin.

And also i got a fake tent so i have only 1 inlet/outlet, obviously its outlet and inlet is from me leaving the tent unzipped in places, lol.

U

ukcheesehead

I don't even measure it m8, i know for a fact you can't run 1200w in a 1.4m2 tent without having that front open, i got a turbo 600w and still it gets hot when it don't get opened.
Now i have to close the window in the room cos it proper pen & inks out the front of my gaff now and its gettin well on top. A lil heat exposure shouldn't do them any harm for 7 days, with any luck it will stress them the fuck out and they spew out loadsa resin.

And also i got a fake tent so i have only 1 inlet/outlet, obviously its outlet and inlet is from me leaving the tent unzipped in places, lol.

so u dont use a extrator blowing into the tent? only 1 sucking?

S

Stackin Paper

so u dont use a extrator blowing into the tent? only 1 sucking?

Why ay man, temps get up to 31 sometimes but now its cooler im comin in at around 27-28, thats why im having the change around by having the filter in the tent, then going out out to the fan and silencer then maybe then into another filter maybe?, double filtrated homie, 1 less than smirnoff, lol.

D

drpressure600

hi kid

first of all, you don't need a window there, the air from your house will be good enough, mother nature will sort that out, second you must have to much water getting exposed to the light, that creates humidity, cover round the root and clay with light plastic, i'd these problems before,

you should never be in a position where your tent has to be left open at any time, my opinion is that 600w are too hot for those tents, 400w should do, you need to cut a hole straight away for the inlet fan, at the bottom of the tent, out let at the top . .

U

ukcheesehead

first of all, you don't need a window there, the air from your house will be good enough, mother nature will sort that out, second you must have to much water getting exposed to the light, that creates humidity, cover round the root and clay with light plastic, i'd these problems before,

you should never be in a position where your tent has to be left open at any time, my opinion is that 600w are too hot for those tents, 400w should do, you need to cut a hole straight away for the inlet fan, at the bottom of the tent, out let at the top . .

stackins grows are tip top so i think theres no need to change .

B

BITYmagicBeanz

if you use a tent. get a de humidifier! will save all that stresss. most of the time tents or sealed rooms will give you problems unless is filterd and you got a in and out take of fresh air. i hate the uk weathe rjust for the humidity. if it aint controlled its unstable everyday

F

FastForward

I was considering a dehumidifier, but I've got a 6" extract and 4" input - not sure that the air will stay in there long enough to get dehumidified!!

B

BITYmagicBeanz

try find a mini aircon unit then ,so it chills the air and keeps the warmth and wet down. if you got high humidity. it slows the growth down by so much and takes ages. and sucks all the nitro out your leaves. if you keep having bad days with temps n stuff man. turn your lights out and give the plants a break. you get more growth by doing that every otherday,than keeping it the same high levels constant, but obviously not good when flowering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom