Humidity

• Thread starter Hand Banana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hand Banana

Hand Banana

Hey anybody, I started my first hydro grow. I've been a step behind at every turn. Currently, I installed a humidifier. If I run with out my fan, my temps go up to 90 and and I get 60-70% humidity. With the fan on the lowest setting, I'll get a nice 75 but about 15-20% humidity. If anyone has some insight to this that would be great.

Kepp89

Kepp89

find the right settings. or different equipment that jives better with your setup. if your fan is an exhaust fan, then look into a speed controller for it. slow it down a bit so it sucks less air out. if i run my exhaust at 100% i cant even hold 30% humidity and i have a 6 gallon humidifier that blows air fast asf. keeping my exhaust at 50% i can hold 50% humidity. if i use a smaller exhaust fan with 100% fan speed i'd be able to hold 50% because its sucking less air out

Hand Banana

Hand Banana

I suspect that my fan is too powerful for the space. Fortunately, it does have a controller. The first night I ran the humidifier it was great, 75 and 50% all night. Unfortunately that changed, I've been playing around with all kinds of tweaks. Maybe I can put the fan on a timer to clear out the tent of excess heat every so often, I got all day to tend.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I suspect that my fan is too powerful for the space. Fortunately, it does have a controller. The first night I ran the humidifier it was great, 75 and 50% all night. Unfortunately that changed, I've been playing around with all kinds of tweaks. Maybe I can put the fan on a timer to clear out the tent of excess heat every so often, I got all day to tend.
Maybe check out an inkbird type controller for your fan, good luck!

specklefart

specklefart

You can try putting the humidifier outside the tent. I was skeptical about trying this, because my tent was in the corner of a large completely unfinished basement, but it worked better than inside the tent without humidifying the whole basement.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks, I'll check them out.
I bought one of these works great. I've got my exhaust fan set now for 15 secs on 59 min off on a loop in a grow box I built. You can set it for seconds on and off. or hours on or off down to the second. I'm still having low humidity problems and I'm trying to fine tune the amount of air I want to exchange/ hr/day.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've not heard of those, I googled and they have a large variety to chose from. Logged for future reference. Thanks😀
Inkbird is a popular brand but there's a few other controls out there too, they have one that works by temperature and another that works by humidity; not sure which would suit op's particular situation best so I just mentioned inkbird in general

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If the intake air to the tent is low its best to humidify the room or house. I use a whole house humidifier in winter to keep the plants and us above 45% humidity.

Hand Banana

Hand Banana

I bought one of these works great. I've got my exhaust fan set now for 15 secs on 59 min off on a loop in a grow box I built. You can set it for seconds on and off. or hours on or off down to the second. I'm still having low humidity problems and I'm trying to fine tune the amount of air I want to exchange/ hr/day.
View attachment 944130
This is great, the timer I have now is 30 min increments.

Hand Banana

Hand Banana

Ive gotten it somewhat consistent at 77* and 50%. I've kinda been a step behind this is my first grow ever. I am just amazed that I got a plant to grow in water. Although, I waited too long to start LST, so I'm kinda just watching the life cycle.

Top Bottom