humidity

• Thread starter dopeeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dopeeyes

Im 3 weeks away from my harvest and my humidity is up to 63% has any1 any tips on how 2 get it down again.My room is 2ft x 1.5ft x 6ft and im using a 400w hps and hav a fan blowing air all the time

D

dopeeyes

Not in my current grow was stuck 4 cash at the time i set this grow up which is my first but i hav everthing 4 my nxt grow.Dont hav enough room 2 put it in now cos plants r 2 high so ive just been leaving the door of the cupboard open

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

I think it would help if you could get some extraction in there,what are you growing?is it suseptable to mould?could yuo bend them to fit extraction?

G

GDaze

get some extraction asap...sweaty plants and buds don't mix :(

...have you been keeping an eye on your buds for the word we do not speak?

will you be using the same space next grow?

if you're not using the same space next grow and it's in a spare room i'd get the drill and make a tea bag grow room...but only if you've no use for the box :homer

if using the same space but can't fit the fans then i'd at least take the plants out and pre drill the holes for exhaust/intake...any hole's a goal :beer

your plants should get fatter in the last few weeks so the current risks/humidity will only increase

atb

D.I.Y

D.I.Y

Yer i'll second that Gdaze,speaking from bitter experiance.Theres nothing worse than watching your prize coke can sized buds turn to mush in your hand:brokenheart

D

dopeeyes

Hey chaps im goin white rhino at the minute not sure wat there like againest mold.There was a slight bit of mold but ive cut it out and hoping 4 the best.Wont b using the cupboard again got a large homebox and 100mm filter and fan 4 my nxt grow.Cant drop the light down any further 2 get the extractor fan in cos it will burn the top off the plants

G

GDaze

i've some med man on the go at the mo...mine are very sativa leaning....indi's and dense nugs are more vulnerable to mold but sat's aren't excluded

if you've already had some damage then i'd have a good think about what to do next
mold can stay airborne as a spore and having it once pretty much guarantees that it'll return espcially as your plants get heavier and with no change to the environment

can you not just set your new tent/light/fan etc up now and put the plants in there?

if not i'd seriously consider cutting early...better with something to smoke rather than something to either make you sick or end up on the bonfire

atb

D

dopeeyes

Hey gdaze was thinkin bout choppin early so i started to flush on monday ive got the humidity down 2 58% is this still 2 high ?

As 4 the new set up i cant really do much at the minute im recovering from an operation on my arm and shoulder and the only mates i can trust 2 help me r on holiday but as soon as they get back it will b up and running

G

GDaze

ideally u want the rh around 40..you can get closer to 50 but it depends how dense you nugs are
you can sometimes get away with a higher humidity but that's usually with healthy plants and with air exchange already in place

wishing you a speedy recovery & atb :sun

D

dopeeyes

Cheers 4 the advice gdaze if its a good day 2moro im gona put them outside and get my dad 2 help me set up my grow room dont wanta take a chance wif these ladies cos they r lookin mighty fine.Cheers

Top Bottom