humidity

• Thread starter wambam123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

can anyone please help i put my plants on 12/12 the other day and now i seem to be getting a humidity problem.i have a carbon filter with ducting going into my cool tube light then out my tent into my tt100 inline fan then out of more ducting to outside, i have 1 normal fan inside my tent sucking fresh air from outside.my humidity has been getting to 75, not getting the condensation feeling in my tent or on the walls inside my tent. but now and then the leaves on my plants look wet in certain areas not all over my plants.when the light goes out my fans stop aswell.please could some body help me before i loose my marbles!!!! plz

K

Karma Genetics

Hello wambam123

*You should start to run your fans 24/7

* you say you pull the air from outside. When humidity is high outside it will also be high in your grow area. When you can pull in the air threw the house it will be much lower in humidity.

Hope this info help you a litle.

P

ProGroWannabe

If you can set your fan to run during the lights-out period, then I bet your rH problems go away. Humidity spikes upward sharply when the lights go out. If you have no extraction running during lights-out, then that humidity has no where to go.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Looks like Karma posted as I was typing....hehe

wambam123

wambam123

no matter what i do i carnt seem to get the humidity to drop it is high now with the lights on

P

ProGroWannabe

Hmmmm.....most people solve their humidity issues with more ventilation....either intake, exhaust, or both are increased.

What Karma was talking about was instead of drawing your incoming air from outdoors, have the intake set up so that you are drawing air into the grow area from within the house.

wambam123

wambam123

yer i have tried that and it still stays high. just been thinking because i am using 6 inch ducting shall i cut a hole for my 4 inch ducting outside the tent just by the inline fan and run it into my tent for extra suction it might draw the condensation out??? what u think

P

ProGroWannabe

Whatever you can do to increase total ventilation would help. Whether that be adding another fan, buying a bigger fan, or even leaving the door open during lights-on.

Try what you suggested above, then let us know in 24 hrs if it made a difference. Then we can go from there. Can ya get us a pic or two?

wambam123

wambam123

hi mate i have left the zipopen at the top and managed to get hunidity down to 65% and it says on my digi thermometer 65% comfort whats all that about that was 1 hour before lights off and now 2 hours into lights off it stands at 66% and my temp is 65.6 thats ok for lights off isnt it.gonna post some pics tomorrow cause i think these are the bestplants i have grown.didnt go with cutting the ducting. if it goes sky high again ill try it but for now im happy can you let me know if the temps are ok.

wambam123

wambam123

sorry mate i forgot to mention i have decided to leave my fans on over night tonight ill let you know the temps through the night

P

ProGroWannabe

:yes:yesGood job wambam! It is now under control. And yes, your temps are fine.

The reason your temp. gauge is telling you that is because this is a "comfortable" level for humans. It really doesn't mean a thing for growing herb.

I'm really curious to see what it does overnight. Hopefully, you'll see it get down to the 40-50% mark. That's' really where ya wanna be.

wambam123

wambam123

just to let you know i ran the reading my humidity was 62% and the temp was 63.6 lights off. now my light has been on for 4 hours and the temp is 68.5 and humidity 57%.

P

ProGroWannabe

Alright!!! Looks like we're getting somewhere. If I were you, I'd record both humidity readings (lights-on, and light-off) for the next several days. This will give you a good idea as to what the increase and decrease curves look like.

Your lights-off temp is a tad cool, but don't sweat that right now, your within range. We'll get the humidity sorted first, then if we HAVE TO we'll play with ways to keep the temp just a hair higher during lights-off.

Congrats though! Your dialing her in, wambam.

leadplant

leadplant

Important subject and some great ideas. I would just add that raising the temp a little bit could help lower humidity. If your foliage canopy temps are only mid 60's, then try raising it to 70-72. Removing the cool tube glass plate might be an easy way to add heat depending on your setup.

P

ProGroWannabe

Great point leadplant! Thanks for lending your expertise!

wambam123

wambam123

just looking for a good place to put my digi thermometer while i take a reading dont know weather to put it under or above the light.

T

tuffgong69

put it under your lights wambam as thats where your plants are..good luck,tg :yes

Top Bottom