Humidity

• Thread starter Qman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

Qman

What is another good way to raise the humidity in my room? I have a humidifier but I need a little more. Should I just get another Humidifier?

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I know this sounds hanky but you could put a bowl of water in the room and this can help a bit from what I've heard

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
If your temps are warm the bowl of water will definitely help.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
Ripz hit it head on. I've always had to use heaters in water to actually change the humidity. Humidifiers seem to suck at humidifying...go figure. I've yet to use one that actually worked. A simple bucket of water, a water heater, and a fan.

Q

Qman

I will get a heater and try the wick method thanks

My outside temps are cold and dry and I have to keep the room at 30 - 38%

Thanks again everyone!

G

grizz

I like ripz idea with the small fan and 5 gl bucket. wish I had this problem, my dehumidifier is sucking 9 gls of water out of the air a day, and I live in the damn desert.. go figure.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
^^ Dude i'd much rather have higher humidity and let my dehum pull it out than have to ADD humidity. Always been easier for me to reduce than add.

R

realbeer

try putting an air stone in the bowl of water for enhanced evaporation

Q

Qman

So, I have tried everything to get my humidity ^

Big ass bucket of water being warmed by a fishtank heater and a towel hung in it (wicking)with a fan blowing on it = no change at all in my RH

I also have a humidifier running 24/7 and that only raises it like 5%

I ordered a Nutramist Fogger that I will put on a timer and run it for 10min. a hour (ish)

You can use any type of ornimental fogger, tho most of the ones I found have a bunch of led's on them, people use these in ponds to give affects

When I get it I will let you know how it worked...

Top Bottom