HUNT FOR THE PHENO COMPETITION: EAST COAST SOUR DIESEL

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

i wanted to share a little competition I’m taking part in, and I think it’s a really cool thing a local
Grow shop is putting on. I know the owners personally and they are great people, incredibly knowledgeable and they never try to sell, they always work to help. I currently have a number of beans popped and I’m amazed at how fast they germinated (24hrs) and how quickly they are growing. Here’s some information and if you can get to their shop, grab some seeds and join in the hunt!

Hunt for the pheno competition east coast sour diesel

HUNT FOR THE PHENO COMPETITION: EAST COAST SOUR DIESEL!

CONTEST BRIEF:
Here at Growpro, we have always felt that the original cut of East Coast Sour Diesel (ECSD) is one of the finest flower cultivars. With wide ranging appeal, this uplifting variety has smells of sour lemon skunk and earth. The problem is that the original is clone only and it’s become finicky to grow. We’re trying to change that.
We’ve been working on a breeding project with ECSD that is currently in the F2 stage – meaning there will be a wide genetic expression throughout the beans. Somewhere in these beans, will be a pheno that is as close to the original East Coast Sour Diesel as we can expect to find.
Under current Vermont law, which only allows for 2 plants in flower, pheno hunting can take years and years. That’s why we’re enlisting an army of growers to help us find the pheno, injecting over 10,000 free beans into the Vermont growing community, and giving out thousands of dollars in prizes to the winners! This cross is sure to produce a lot of other amazing phenos as well, so as not to discount them, there will also be prizes for best non-ECSD phenos.

HOW TO PLAY:
Pick up your FREE pack of 13 magical beans at White River Growpro (sorry, no shipping!). You will have until April 20th, 2020 to submit your entry. Submit a 1/4 ounce of flower at any point before 4/20/2020. If we like what you’ve submitted, and you are chosen as a finalist, we will ask for a clone of that plant – so you have to keep the genetic alive – that’s the whole point! All clones will be grown out by a small group of growers to evaluate and select the final winning phenos. Winner will be announced by 12/20/2020.
Prizes will include: $1000 gift certificate for first prize ECSD pheno, $500 gift certificate for first price non-ECSD pheno, and there will be prizes for runners up as well – gear, swag, beans – we’ve got a year to gather some sweet prizes to reward our growers!
THIS CONTEST IS NOT INTENDED FOR FIRST TIME GROWERS. This is not a traditional growing cup – it’s not about the biggest and best buds – it’s about finding the needle in the haystack: the ECSD pheno! Grow the plants in what ever style you want, with whatever lighting and nutrients you wish to use.

CONTEST TIPS:
**Be sure to keep careful track of your plants and clones – labeling will be key!
**Take photos and keep a growing journal. In the event of a tie, any grower that submits additional documentation about their grow will win the tie.
**Keep it compliant – you’ve got over a year to find the pheno, so let’s do this within the confines of Vermont law.

ABOUT THE GENETIC:
We’ve taken a clone of ECSD (from a 30 year old cut) and crossed it with a gorgeous male Fire Creek OG, a cultivar developed by one of our favorite breeders, Omuerta Genetix. You can read more about the lineage of FCOG here, and you’ll see why we chose it, but long story short, FCOG has ECSD in its lineage.
That gave us the F1 cross that we call Creek DOG, and it has been a great plant to grow. Hardy, frosty, fruity, you can definitely see the OG Kush Breath heritage coming through in the flower development. Long branches with paired flowers running up the length. Earthy, sandalwood, kush fruit, and slight fuel notes coming through.
Next we took a gorgeous pair of Creek DOG’s and crossed them (M x F) This cross is an F2 and it’s what we’re excited about. When we look at what we can expect to get for phenos, we will likely see a wide range of earth, pinene, limonene, and skunk in various combinations. Somewhere in these beans, will be a pheno that is as close to the original East Coast Sour Diesel as we can expect to find.
Description of East Coast Sour Deisel on Leafly: “East Coast Sour Diesel is a fast-acting attitude lifter that patients love for its truly sativa effects. This strain has a sour lemon smell and taste that’s crisp and uplifing. East Coast Sour Diesel is powerful so new patients should be cautious. those looking to alleviate anxiety or get some sleep may want to skip this high energy medicine.”

HAPPY PHENO HUNTING!

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I don’t work for and don’t gain anything by sharing this except by letting people know How they can get involved in somthing fun!

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Here’s a couple shots of the progression thus far. Again these popped the fastest I have seen. They germinated in damp paper towels. They where planted in “coast of Maine” organic “stonington blend” (this soil for complete bagged purchase is amazing if your lazy or short on time like I was). They breached soil in another 24 hrs and have continued to grow quickly.

5B425BB9 8C7B 4AFF B249 2B9D1BD5E171

3C784ADD 8F16 4E1F A142 5490660C9DA9

61E88502 A613 40A0 B641 7DC82140E8C1

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

These are vegging under mixed spectrum of 132led quantum boards powered by my own specifications power supply’s with potentiometers and digital output displays. Currently outputting around 225w (there is another project in this same tent)

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

i wanted to share a little competition I’m taking part in, and I think it’s a really cool thing a local
Grow shop is putting on. I know the owners personally and they are great people, incredibly knowledgeable and they never try to sell, they always work to help. I currently have a number of beans popped and I’m amazed at how fast they germinated (24hrs) and how quickly they are growing. Here’s some information and if you can get to their shop, grab some seeds and join in the hunt!

View attachment 878002

CONTEST BRIEF:
Here at Growpro, we have always felt that the original cut of East Coast Sour Diesel (ECSD) is one of the finest flower cultivars. With wide ranging appeal, this uplifting variety has smells of sour lemon skunk and earth. The problem is that the original is clone only and it’s become finicky to grow. We’re trying to change that.
We’ve been working on a breeding project with ECSD that is currently in the F2 stage – meaning there will be a wide genetic expression throughout the beans. Somewhere in these beans, will be a pheno that is as close to the original East Coast Sour Diesel as we can expect to find.
Under current Vermont law, which only allows for 2 plants in flower, pheno hunting can take years and years. That’s why we’re enlisting an army of growers to help us find the pheno, injecting over 10,000 free beans into the Vermont growing community, and giving out thousands of dollars in prizes to the winners! This cross is sure to produce a lot of other amazing phenos as well, so as not to discount them, there will also be prizes for best non-ECSD phenos.

HOW TO PLAY:
Pick up your FREE pack of 13 magical beans at White River Growpro (sorry, no shipping!). You will have until April 20th, 2020 to submit your entry. Submit a 1/4 ounce of flower at any point before 4/20/2020. If we like what you’ve submitted, and you are chosen as a finalist, we will ask for a clone of that plant – so you have to keep the genetic alive – that’s the whole point! All clones will be grown out by a small group of growers to evaluate and select the final winning phenos. Winner will be announced by 12/20/2020.
Prizes will include: $1000 gift certificate for first prize ECSD pheno, $500 gift certificate for first price non-ECSD pheno, and there will be prizes for runners up as well – gear, swag, beans – we’ve got a year to gather some sweet prizes to reward our growers!
THIS CONTEST IS NOT INTENDED FOR FIRST TIME GROWERS. This is not a traditional growing cup – it’s not about the biggest and best buds – it’s about finding the needle in the haystack: the ECSD pheno! Grow the plants in what ever style you want, with whatever lighting and nutrients you wish to use.

CONTEST TIPS:
**Be sure to keep careful track of your plants and clones – labeling will be key!
**Take photos and keep a growing journal. In the event of a tie, any grower that submits additional documentation about their grow will win the tie.
**Keep it compliant – you’ve got over a year to find the pheno, so let’s do this within the confines of Vermont law.

ABOUT THE GENETIC:
We’ve taken a clone of ECSD (from a 30 year old cut) and crossed it with a gorgeous male Fire Creek OG, a cultivar developed by one of our favorite breeders, Omuerta Genetix. You can read more about the lineage of FCOG here, and you’ll see why we chose it, but long story short, FCOG has ECSD in its lineage.
That gave us the F1 cross that we call Creek DOG, and it has been a great plant to grow. Hardy, frosty, fruity, you can definitely see the OG Kush Breath heritage coming through in the flower development. Long branches with paired flowers running up the length. Earthy, sandalwood, kush fruit, and slight fuel notes coming through.
Next we took a gorgeous pair of Creek DOG’s and crossed them (M x F) This cross is an F2 and it’s what we’re excited about. When we look at what we can expect to get for phenos, we will likely see a wide range of earth, pinene, limonene, and skunk in various combinations. Somewhere in these beans, will be a pheno that is as close to the original East Coast Sour Diesel as we can expect to find.
Description of East Coast Sour Deisel on Leafly: “East Coast Sour Diesel is a fast-acting attitude lifter that patients love for its truly sativa effects. This strain has a sour lemon smell and taste that’s crisp and uplifing. East Coast Sour Diesel is powerful so new patients should be cautious. those looking to alleviate anxiety or get some sleep may want to skip this high energy medicine.”

HAPPY PHENO HUNTING!
Very cool. Looking forward to watchimg the journey. 👍

grimple

grimple

-mr. jiujitsu just joined to get some info from you (I'm a member of a few other forums). Recently picked up some of these beans for the hunt. Just popped today- any updates on your progress so far??

Growbekenobi

Growbekenobi

Currently running 2 ECSD bagseeds that took me by surprise both at 9 weeks, she's a chunker! Your setup looks legit, sounds like a fun project, good luck!
20190903 221018
20190903 221059

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

-mr. jiujitsu just joined to get some info from you (I'm a member of a few other forums). Recently picked up some of these beans for the hunt. Just popped today- any updates on your progress so far??

Had some fungus gnats, just finished dealing and should be flowering some in the next month. I also have some clones I took, that I’m make I gotta feminized seeds of so no matter what I’ll have hard copies of them

grimple

grimple

Just took clones- heading into the flower tent soon. These plants reek... possible the strongest if had in veg yet.

T

THEBRO

View attachment 878002

CONTEST BRIEF:

HOW TO PLAY:

CONTEST TIPS:

ABOUT THE GENETIC:

HAPPY PHENO HUNTING!
I will love to know how ended this project, I'm from Puerto Rico but I leaving in NYC So u on ready know i.I'm Sour Diesel Base Fan, and I on ready got ecsd chaco cut and a other cuts like karma sd bx1 too. But definitely would've amazing see 👀 what u get.. I'm a little bit curious about the male u been using for this project, u said is fruity but ecsd just taste slightly lemon and pretty dankkkk . Well like I said would've amazing 👀 what u make it

Top Bottom